Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pepper Stout Beef

Saw Theo's recent efforts, thought it looked interesting - don't think I've ever done a chuck roast in any way in my life.  Thought it might be a good transitional step toward my first brisket.

So, HS!  So good!  Dang - will def be in the reportioire for future group get together.  For tonight, more than I could eat.  As the man said, these ain't leftovers - part of the plan.

Photos seem to come up in random order - sorry.
Maryland, 1 LBGE

Comments

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    Love the chuckies here as well. Those look fantastic!
    Stillwater, MN
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Nicely done!!
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    So tastey on a crusty toasted sub roll.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Nailed that for sure.  Congrats on the cook.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Wonderful cook. When it gets cooler here I'll be making that for sure. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Chuckies are wonderful. Great sammies, great in chili. Love them when the fresh tomatoes are coming in. Duke's, Bleu Cheese, thick slice of tomato, and pile on the chuck roast, on a crusty bun.
    Great cook, thank you for sharing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,717
    Very nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    Great job there... will try this soon
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Man that looks good, I'm definitely going to try that soon
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Looks absolutely fantastic!  Makes my mouth water just looking at it!

I don't know why it took me so long to try pulled beef, seems so obvious in retrospect.  I tried Clay's and thought it was delicious, tried someone else's version, and it was delicious, but when I tried that Pepper Stout Beef recipe, whoa all of a sudden I don't care about the other ones anymore.  I think I'm going to stick with this one.

Looks like you did an amazing job!
  • JohnEggGio
    Theophan said:
    Looks absolutely fantastic!  Makes my mouth water just looking at it!

I don't know why it took me so long to try pulled beef, seems so obvious in retrospect.  I tried Clay's and thought it was delicious, tried someone else's version, and it was delicious, but when I tried that Pepper Stout Beef recipe, whoa all of a sudden I don't care about the other ones anymore.  I think I'm going to stick with this one.

Looks like you did an amazing job!
    Thanks, Theo - it was your posts that hooked me.  Will do again soon.  I had one lump pecan and one apple, plus rubbed with smoked paprika (among others) - some might have found it a bit smokey, but I loved it.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Just ate chuck pot roast tonight, leftover from yesterday.  Better the next day.  Slow cooker, sorry eggers.  Some time you just don't got time to fire up the egg...
    ... - some might have found it a bit smokey, but I loved it.
    The last one I did was so smoky as I was braising it after the smoke that I was a little worried I'd overdone it with the smoke, but after braising it wasn't overpowering and everybody LOVED it.  Some things I don't want so smoky, but brisket, ribs, pork butt, and pulled beef I like about as smoky as I can get them.  Different people have different taste.  Where I live in NC people love a style of pulled pork that, to my taste, really isn't very smoky at all.  I like it, but I'd like it even better a little more smoky.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    @JohnEggGio Thank you for the inspiration!  Made this today with Hatch chilies...
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • JohnEggGio
    @smbishop. Looks great!  Tonight's dinner - pulled beef sandwiches.  Gotta pick-up some good provolone on the way home.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    edited August 2017
    Your cooks look awesome!
    I started doing these chuckies a couple months ago. Unbelievable sammies, I ate them until I could not move. Made one for the guy doing the tile work in our bathroom. He went out and bought a BGE.
    Thank you for sharing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky