Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin, onion soup onions, balsamic brussels and some noodles.

Title says it all. Thanks for lookin. 

Comments

• SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Just killer! The pork is done spot - on, and the brussel sprouts look great.

Well done, Sir! 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Dang- the trophy cooks are rolling out tonight.  Most eggcellent across the board.  Nailed that piggy!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Nailed it!
    Snellville, GA

• JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    Looks great!
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Thanks all! I forgot to mention the Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express rub on the pork. A family favorite from our forum friend @Nature Boy! Delicious!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    What you cook is not fair. Nobody can catch up to your cooks dude.
    Delicious looking cook, beautiful presentation, as always.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    I would crush it, all.
    Pig is perfect.
    Nicely done!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    That all looks fantastic. I'm not familiar with the onion soup onions. Can you say anything more about what that entails?
    Stillwater, MN
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Oh my word... That's a fantastic meal. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • pgprescott
    YukonRon said:
    What you cook is not fair. Nobody can catch up to your cooks dude.
    Delicious looking cook, beautiful presentation, as always.
    LOL! Thanks for the very generous words Ron. This admitted hack does appreciate them. 
  • pgprescott

SciAggie said:
    Oh my word... That's a fantastic meal. 

Too kind. Thanks!
  • pgprescott

That all looks fantastic. I'm not familiar with the onion soup onions. Can you say anything more about what that entails?
    Thanks! The onion could not be easier or more delicious. Take a sweet onion and core a hole out in the top. Then place a beef bullion cube and a pad of butter in each hole. Drizzle in oil and wrap in foil.  When done we remove them and top with Swiss cheese. I usually get a bit more char on the onions. I like the char! 
  • pgprescott

Focker said:
    I would crush it, all.
    Pig is perfect.
    Nicely done!
    Thanks Brandon. The girls love this meal at our house. 
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741

Thanks! The onion could not be easier or more delicious. Take a sweet onion and core a hole out in the top. Then place a beef bullion cube and a pad of butter in each hole. Drizzle in oil and wrap in foil.  When done we remove them and top with Swiss cheese. I usually get a bit more char on the onions. I like the char! 
    I somehow missed this earlier. Thanks for posting. This is going into the definitely need to try right away pile.
    Stillwater, MN
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Excellent post! Thanks for the inspiration for the tender and most of all for the onion recipe. How about time and temp for the onion. Again, Thanks!
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • pgprescott

I somehow missed this earlier. Thanks for posting. This is going into the definitely need to try right away pile.
    Hey thanks for looking. The brussel sprouts are to die for as well. The bacon grease, balsamic reduction and park combo is killer IMO. Enjoy. 
  • pgprescott
    MeTed said:
    Excellent post! Thanks for the inspiration for the tender and most of all for the onion recipe. How about time and temp for the onion. Again, Thanks!
    The onions are pretty forgiving I did these @350 or so. I have done them hotter before. I like to get some char on them ideally. When they soften they are done. The softer, the sweeter they get. You could even cave man them for a while then roast them to finish. Time was prolly an hour total. Not totally sure. 

Thanks for looking and the kind comments. 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Dayum 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • pgprescott
    henapple said:
    Dayum 
    Gracias!
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Great looking meal! I have a pork tenderloin in the fridge awaiting its fate with the egg. What temp did you pull yours off the egg? 140?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• pgprescott
    shtgunal3 said:
    Great looking meal! I have a pork tenderloin in the fridge awaiting its fate with the egg. What temp did you pull yours off the egg? 140?
    Exactly!!!