Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Egg to our Troops -- MISSION COMPLETE

To All Who Contributed: Your Generosity Made a Big Impact this Week.

I got with the CSM of 5th Special Forces Group in FT Campbell, KY who lined up transportation of the Big Green Eggs, BGE and Rockwood Charcoal, sauce and spice donations, and accessories to go overseas.

Eggs are being delivered by air, charcoal is required to pack in a connex so that probably won't see it until late fall.  

I met with a SFC and SSG on Monday for them to transport all items in a 15 PAX van and guys they were fired up! We had that thing loaded down. One of the guys mentioned that two deployments ago their open pit cooking was abysmal.  I walked them through a tutorial and typed them up a tip list in order explain to them how they work. I also gave them the EGGHEAD site and my cell and email if they have any issues down the road.

CSM assured me they will both be going in September to two (2) separate locations in the Middle East. He said he would try and get some pics sent back as soon as possible.

Since both the SFC and SSG were assigned on this deployment I didn't ask them for pictures. Operational Security and all. I will post pics as they get sent back to me. 

Also, below are some pictures and thank you notes I received last week from families that received donations from the remaining funds in the account. 

Thanks again, y'all did a great thing!

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments