Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg table in France

Options
Hi everyone - first post here.

First i wanted to thank everyone for posting their table stories, these are really helpful.
I wanted to share my experience building a LBGE table in France.
All the plans i found online use imperial measurements and american lumber standards ... which are pretty useless in good old Europe :)

I got inspiration from 2 templates : naked whiz and scott moore, keeping in mind the official BGE table build recommendations.
However both of these had minor details i didnt like so i went ahead and made a mash up of the 2.
I then visited a local lumberyard to find out what i could get that would be close enough to the measurements. They had some nice french oak, in planks of 120x21 and in various lengths, as well as small beams ("carrelet") that could be engineered to my size requirements, so i reworked the plans to use this size only.
I used standard hand truck wheels (260mm diameter, 20mm axle bearing) and made an assembly of stainless steel tube, threaded rod, washers and nuts for the axle. Any DIY shop will stock these.
Wood was treated with an oil-like product for weatherproofing.
Due to time constraints, I couldnt make a stone insert in the worktop :( I also decided not to do a fire brick layer under the egg given i'm using the nest.

I'll try to make my plans in a readable format and upload here.

In French : Table pour Big Green Egg large
Planches de chene 120x21
Carrelet en chene, 90x90
Roues 260mm
Tube acier 20mm, tige filetee, rondelles et ecrou pour l'axe (en inox ; Leroy Merlin ou tout autre magasin de bricolage)
Traitement du bois avec un saturateur, 2 couches

Finished result
(egg nest delivery was delayed so i used 2 leftover cuts to make a temporary air gap, it has since been fitted properly with the official nest)

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Nice looking table.  Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Very Nice!  Welcome Aboard!  I also have a WSM, but haven't used since I got my BGE, but I do love chicken on the WSM.  
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    Nice!  I really like that wood!
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Options
    bonjour  Captain, since retiring my wife and I spend the month of April in France. We plan on continuing that practice for many years ,or Until we run out of money....I am a new egger myself and find myself looking at this website twice a day ...some of the funniest and most helpful guys I have ever encountered... If  I could figure out a way to get my BGE new acquired  mini max to Paris next April 1, I would be at the boucherie every  day !   I too have  have a Webber smoker like yours at our Florida home, but it is felling neglected since I got my medium and min max. Bon Journee

Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Welcome, and great looking table.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Bienvenue sur le forum. J'adore le BGE table. Amuse-toi.
    My French really sucks.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Nice work! Great to see to eggers across the pond firing up Big Green Eggs. Welcome!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Welcome.  Tres bien!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Welcome brother!!  Great looking table.  Please share your cooks...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @CaptainHero: La table est magnifique. Dans quelle région êtes-vous? Nous avons passé quelques semaines à La Loire ainsi que quelques jours à Paris mai passé lors des innondations.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @YukonRon new favourite egger.  Welcome. 
  • CaptainHero
    Options
    Thanks ! some decent french speaking here :blush:
    This was actually for my parents in the Jura region - i live stateside (MA) but dont have a backyard :( so no egg fun for me.