Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2017 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    My first quick cook with the goodness sent by @fiver29

Wild salmon with olive oil, fresh squeezed mandarin orange, and a heavy dusting of Two Brothers rub (all purpose & sweet and smokey).  Was damn good!

(That little yummy cheeseburger was the leftover meat mini after the larger ones I made for the family.)
    LBGE/Maryland
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options

Mine took on a life of its own not sure what happened, hopefully my the sender at least gets it back

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Action_Hank
    Action_Hank Posts: 54
    edited July 2017
    Options

Shout out to @Chris8938 for this awesome package, and to @cazzy and @northGAcock for making this all happen!  Thanks guys!!!

Sorry for the delay in posting.  Got home last Friday from work to find two these beauties waiting for me. 

I tore em both open and found these dudes inside...  

@Chris8938 , you hit this right out of the park!  I’ve heard good things about the Koops and was meaning to try it!  SWMBO and I are pretty excited to try the cheeses too.  First thing she said when she saw the sender address was “Do you think there’s cheese?!”  Thanks for going above and beyond with the extra ref package!

I was able to beat the storm Friday night and get some of the brats on the egg to join the Friday night festivities.  They were great!  The stadium sauce and stone ground mustard really set these off.  Also tossed ½ a batch of wings in the XXX JJ’s sauce.  WOW – These dudes were killer!  Was quite the party hit and will definitely be making these again. 

Since Friday, we’ve been putting the JJ’s razorback XXX on everything.  Lord knows how dank the rest of these sauces could be, with the first couple being off the charts.  I’m super excited about trying the rest of this package and will post more updates.

Edit: Almost forgot to say thanks for the 3 page letter with the boxes.  Thanks again for doing this!  Should help me navigate these new supplies a little better

"It's not the beard on the outside that counts, its the beard on the INSIDE."

LBGE   -   Lexington, KY
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

Shout out to @Chris8938 for this awesome package, and to @cazzy and @northGAcock for making this all happen!  Thanks guys!!!

Sorry for the delay in posting.  Got home last Friday from work to find two these beauties waiting for me. 

I tore em both open and found these dudes inside...  

@Chris8938 , you hit this right out of the park!  I’ve heard good things about the Koops and was meaning to try it!  SWMBO and I are pretty excited to try the cheeses too.  First thing she said when she saw the sender address was “Do you think there’s cheese?!”  Thanks for going above and beyond with the extra ref package!

I was able to beat the storm Friday night and get some of the brats on the egg to join the Friday night festivities.  They were great!  The stadium sauce and stone ground mustard really set these off.  Also tossed ½ a batch of wings in the XXX JJ’s sauce.  WOW – These dudes were killer!  Was quite the party hit and will definitely be making these again. 

Since Friday, we’ve been putting the JJ’s razorback XXX on everything.  Lord knows how dank the rest of these sauces could be, with the first couple being off the charts.  I’m super excited about trying the rest of this package and will post more updates.

Edit: Almost forgot to say thanks for the 3 page letter with the boxes.  Thanks again for doing this!  Should help me navigate these new supplies a little better

Wow, what a score!!  Definitely worth the wait!

Great job @Chris8938  The noobs kicked some tail this exchange!  Props!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • charliebatutis
    Options
    thank you @jeffwit!! Sorry for the late check in. I opened the package on the 4th and starting using it immediately! Everything made it to the house and IPA was gone within a few hours! Thank you again!! 

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    Not sure how long we can "show off" but here's a killer pork tenderloin I did with @Gulfcoastguy gift of The Shed rib rub and glazed with their spicy sweet sauce. Oh man!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Well @Cookbook_Chip , if you are going to show a cook, so will I.  :lol:

I just posted this in an unrelated thread, but, cooked some ribs last night with delicious sauce and rub from John in my exchange;

LBGE/Maryland
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    Not sure how long we can "show off" but here's a killer pork tenderloin I did with @Gulfcoastguy gift of The Shed rib rub and glazed with their spicy sweet sauce. Oh man!
    I say you should keep "Showing off" until you run out of the rubs/sauces you received. The pictures of the cooks are wonderful and I enjoy seeing what everyone else is doing with their elfster gifts.  :D
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Looks good there! So far I have only cooked one set of wings using the Passion Fruit Habanero Mustard sauce that CincyTiki sent. I got to busy to take a pic of them though they were well received. 

Currently I am too busy replacing the soffit, fascia, drip board and small pieces of the roof to cook. Using Hardie cement board products for all of that. Let's see those wood ants eat that.
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    @charliebatutis I appreciate the shout out, but I didn't participate in the exchange this year. I did send you a package last year, though. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    thank you @jeffwit!! Sorry for the late check in. I opened the package on the 4th and starting using it immediately! Everything made it to the house and IPA was gone within a few hours! Thank you again!! 

@nlovold actually sent you that package!  Looks like an awesome assortment!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Chris8938
    Chris8938 Posts: 156
    Options
    @Action_Hank glad you are enjoying everything so far.  Let me know if you can any a refill and I'll hook you up.  Have a great summer!!

@cazzy and @northGAcock thanks for organizing this exchange.  I had a lot of fun with everything!
    XL BGE, Lg BGE, MiniMax BGE, Mini BGE

Appleton, WI 
  • booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    Options
    @kl8ton christmas eve dinner prep has finished off the miracle blend- we think of you often!  Thanks again- it was all so great- and Merry Christmas!
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    booksw said:
    @kl8ton christmas eve dinner prep has finished off the miracle blend- we think of you often!  Thanks again- it was all so great- and Merry Christmas!
    Merry Christmas to you as well! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI