Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: HOW TO LIGHT A WEBER!!! 'MERICA!

Killit_and_Grillit
Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
edited July 2017 in Off Topic
Step 1: lil bit of fireStep 2: More fire. Step 3. Yep  there we go  
Step 4. Aww ****. Grab the fire extinguisher Sober Adam left on the counter. Freedom on fellow fire bugs!

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Where can I get one? 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Why did he remove his mask for the last photo.  You never remove the mask.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • @Ozzie_Isaac I had a super person panic moment. One of the girls in the background screamed "you're on fire!!"  As hot as the mask was and the fact I had a flamethrower in my hands I thought, "****, she may be talking about my face!"

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Ozzie_Isaac
    @Ozzie_Isaac I had a super person panic moment. One of the girls in the background screamed "you're on fire!!"  As hot as the mask was and the fact I had a flamethrower in my hands I thought, "****, she may be talking about my face!"
    LOL!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited July 2017
    Guys like you keep our EDs hopping on the 4th.  ;)

Peeling that mask off your face would've got the staff talking, that's for sure. 

Glad nothing happened.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    edited July 2017
    Would it be bad to suggest an upgrade????  =)

https://throwflame.com/

@milesvdustin here is a link for the handheld one. 
    http://xm42.com/
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited July 2017
    @TN_Sister_State I looked at the X15 but I kept seeing mixed reviews with QAQC when they came out. I also didn't love the idea of having a tank strapped to my back that people complained of "leaking"

@Focker you know me, just trying to stimulate the economy where I can!

@milesvdustin those guys at xm42 are awesome. I was one of their gofundme originals when they were trying to come up with the concept so mine is one of the first off the assembly line. When they changed the design they even took mine back and upgraded it for free. 

@theyolksonyou sorry for the disappointment. About 10pm everyone had scattered to the wind. Work day and all. All Quiet on the Western Front back here. 

South of Nashville, TN

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I live the smell of napalm in the morning 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I was fully expecting that shed to be on fire in the final pic as I scrolled down the thread.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    He's going to need a new gasket. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    How much would it cost me to get you to come up here in the winter time to clean my drive way off? 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• @saluki2007 I did it to my parents driveway two winters ago, just cause I could.

A cop drove by cause he saw flames shooting up into the road. Stopped, rolled his window down and said, 1) "Hey man, is that a flamethrower?"

And 2) "man that's awesome, where did you buy it?"

Some guy up in Michigan already got in trouble for using his to clear the city sidewalk.

South of Nashville, TN

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Oh man.  Didn't even know I needed this till now.

https://youtu.be/ukw9oGSwLn4
  • Holy Crap!
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • @Ozzie_Isaac that's what this forum is all about. Finding solutions to problems you didn't know you had. 

South of Nashville, TN

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Me while watching @Ozzie_Isaac video, "would you be cool with me ordering a flamethrower?"

Amy, "why do you need a flamethrower?"

me, "to throw flames!  Duh!"

Amy, "you don't need a flamethrower. Sounds like an opportunity to be scorched."

me(hangs head, shuts up)
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited July 2017
    The price knocks me out of contention 

for now.

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I'll just live vicariously though you and these videos.  I'm totally fine in the minor leagues with a can of hair spray and a lighter.

I pestered my wife for hours about it til she got tired and said, "we'll talk about it in the morning."

Me at 0600 

South of Nashville, TN

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    $999 on GunBroker...OUCH.  I need plans and want to build one from scratch!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    @Ozzie_Isaac you aren't arguing right. 

I pestered my wife for hours about it til she got tired and said, "we'll talk about it in the morning."

Me at 0600 
    I asked the wife.  First pass was no, but thats ok.  It wasn't NO.  She kind of chuckled .... that means there is a chance.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    @Ozzie_Isaac you aren't arguing right. 

Me at 0600 
    I asked the wife.  First pass was no, but thats ok.  It wasn't NO.  She kind of chuckled .... that means there is a chance.
    Great way to kill rattlesnakes @Ozzie_Isaac
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Aqua Net and a Bic is more my speed.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Try WD40.
    Oh yeah.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • @YukonRon  I have a scar on the outside of my palm from a "handful" of stitches I got as a child that would beg to differ. Can popped in my hand after going through the nozzle.

Also a genuinely pissed off neighbor dad at a scorched river bottom when I chucked it.

South of Nashville, TN

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    edited July 2017
    I watched a guy, wearing gloves, dealing with a frozen lock, attached to his wooden cattle racks on his pick up. This was after a sleet storm added about an inch of ice to everything.
    He was using a blow torch, that for some reason, was not fast enough for him.
    I stood there watching, as he added WD40 to the rapid thaw process.
    (First, I have no idea why he would use a lock on a cattle rack, and second, why the need for WD40 with a frigging blowtorch?) 
    I should have insisted, instead of requesting, he not do that. He said he had done it many times previously, with no issues, always providing excellent results.
    A very impressive fire followed. I watched as he dropped everything and ran towards the water hose, only to discover, it too,was frozen, and then he had to run to the garage to get his fire extinguisher, all on ice. It hurt each time I watched him fall on the slick ice.
    A true MENSA moment.
    Amazing how fast treated lumber burns.
    So think of this good ol' boy when your day is not going well.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61

Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61

Coach Finstock Teen Wolf