Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Wagon Mission Accomplished + Shopping!!!

Options
Finished up welding and grinding the "EGG WAGON" this evening and slapped a coat of gloss black paint on her...

Also did a little Pre-Egg shopping to stock up on some "Egg-ccessories" prior to picking up the egg next friday. Made a trip to the Ceramic Grill Store in Denton, TX and picked up a few "Egg-ssentials". Also picked up quite a bit of info on the AR vs. the Woo. Will be headed back to pick up one or the other next weekend....still undecided.

Comments

• Captainjimpark
    Options
    @Cdm624 nice job there!!  I'd like to do something similar,where did you get the chasi?  Like axels and handle and wheels?  
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I figured it out. 

Your cart's sign should say:

"PULL, DON'T PUSH!"

in honor of the fallen Eggs that have toppled accidentally so that we could learn from our mistakes and come up with genius ideas like this. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Looks solid. Nice work. 
  • Cdm624
    Cdm624 Posts: 52
    Options
    @Cdm624 nice job there!!  I'd like to do something similar,where did you get the chasi?  Like axels and handle and wheels?  
    Got the wagon base (bottom deck and everything below) at tractor supply. Had everything cut at metal supermarkets. 

Wagon was $150 and metal was $103. All in all I've got about $300 into it.
  • Cdm624
    Options
    I figured it out. 

Your cart's sign should say:

"PULL, DON'T PUSH!"

in honor of the fallen Eggs that have toppled accidentally so that we could learn from our mistakes and come up with genius ideas like this. 
    I was thinking of finding somewhere to make me a custom license plate that says "EGGWAGON" on it. 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Man that looks solid- nice job! Please share more pics once you get the egg loaded and let us know how it works. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    That is COOL! Years ago I bought these large metal cart wheels with a plan to design, build and sell a BGE cart when I retired. I even went so far as to check into the product liability with my attorney. Let's just say sometimes hearing things like "BEING SUED for everything you own" becomes a rude awakening. To this very day I still have those cool wheels and axles, so maybe I'll SOMEDAY just make a "peddler's flower cart" like the plans suggested and give it to somebody and not give them my name so they can't sue me!  =)

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Very cool! How easy is it to move it around? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Cdm624
    Options
    Very cool! How easy is it to move it around? 
    Very smooth. It goes over the small "ledge" at the end of my garage rather smoothly. I'm moving to the back yard this afternoon and we'll see how it does on grass...It's just too dang hot outside right now.
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Nice! Are the hangers magnetic?
  • RRP
    Options
    Cdm624 said:
    Got the egg all nestled in and ready for a fire...
    Looks cool, but you might want to provide either some "bumpers" on the metal crossbars so when you are moving your cart your egg doesn't rub against them. Rubbing will surely chip the glaze on your base causing problems which will not be covered by warranty. One other thought if you don't want to go the bumper route would be to bolt the nest to that bottom shelf so that it all stays rigid.
  • Cdm624
    Options
    slovelad said:
    Nice! Are the hangers magnetic?
    Yes...Found them by the check out line at harbor freight for like $2
  • Cdm624
    Options

RRP said:
    Cdm624 said:
    Looks cool, but you might want to provide either some "bumpers" on the metal crossbars so when you are moving your cart your egg doesn't rub against them. Rubbing will surely chip the glaze on your base causing problems which will not be covered by warranty. One other thought if you don't want to go the bumper route would be to bolt the nest to that bottom shelf so that it all stays rigid.
    The nest is bolted to the bottom of the wagon so there only slight movement of the egg when in transport on big bumps. The handle side is really the only side I think I need protection in, there an inch or so clearance on the others. 

Thanks for the heads up though.
  • Cdm624
    Options
    Action shot...I'll make the stereotypical "first cook" post later on!
  • slovelad
    Options
    This is my egg wagon! Although I've only used it once it really worked like a charm

it bolts onto my 4x8 trailer

• RRP
    Options
    Cdm624 said:

RRP said:
    Cdm624 said:
    The nest is bolted to the bottom of the wagon so there only slight movement of the egg when in transport on big bumps. The handle side is really the only side I think I need protection in, there an inch or so clearance on the others. 

Thanks for the heads up though.
    Good! Call me a worrywart but I saw that and thought "oh crap...I wonder if he thought about..." and you already did! Cool! Thanks for your reply! 
  • RRP
    Options
    slovelad said:
    This is my egg wagon! Although I've only used it once it really worked like a charm

Nice! Can you pull that while chasing ambulances or is your law practice speciality something else? =)
  • slovelad
    Options
    RRP said:
    slovelad said:

Nice! Can you pull that while chasing ambulances or is your law practice speciality something else? =)
    No chasing ambulances for me. I practice family law.

the joke in school is that all the kids who make C's end up making all the money because they practice personal injury.
  • Roebuck
    Roebuck Posts: 45
    Options
    Great wagon!
    Birmingham, Ala.