Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.


In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Egg Wagon Mission Accomplished + Shopping!!!

Finished up welding and grinding the "EGG WAGON" this evening and slapped a coat of gloss black paint on her...


Also did a little Pre-Egg shopping to stock up on some "Egg-ccessories" prior to picking up the egg next friday. Made a trip to the Ceramic Grill Store in Denton, TX and picked up a few "Egg-ssentials". Also picked up quite a bit of info on the AR vs. the Woo. Will be headed back to pick up one or the other next weekend....still undecided.



Comments

  • @Cdm624 nice job there!!  I'd like to do something similar,where did you get the chasi?  Like axels and handle and wheels?  
  • I figured it out. 

    Your cart's sign should say:

    "PULL, DON'T PUSH!"

    in honor of the fallen Eggs that have toppled accidentally so that we could learn from our mistakes and come up with genius ideas like this. 

    "Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

    South of Nashville, TN

  • Looks solid. Nice work. 
  • Cdm624Cdm624 Posts: 52
    @Cdm624 nice job there!!  I'd like to do something similar,where did you get the chasi?  Like axels and handle and wheels?  
    Got the wagon base (bottom deck and everything below) at tractor supply. Had everything cut at metal supermarkets. 

    Wagon was $150 and metal was $103. All in all I've got about $300 into it.
  • Cdm624Cdm624 Posts: 52
    I figured it out. 

    Your cart's sign should say:

    "PULL, DON'T PUSH!"

    in honor of the fallen Eggs that have toppled accidentally so that we could learn from our mistakes and come up with genius ideas like this. 
    I was thinking of finding somewhere to make me a custom license plate that says "EGGWAGON" on it. 
  • What about ROLNH8N ?


    "Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

    South of Nashville, TN

  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,866
    Man that looks solid- nice job! Please share more pics once you get the egg loaded and let us know how it works. 


    Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

  • RRPRRP Posts: 22,058
    That is COOL! Years ago I bought these large metal cart wheels with a plan to design, build and sell a BGE cart when I retired. I even went so far as to check into the product liability with my attorney. Let's just say sometimes hearing things like "BEING SUED for everything you own" becomes a rude awakening. To this very day I still have those cool wheels and axles, so maybe I'll SOMEDAY just make a "peddler's flower cart" like the plans suggested and give it to somebody and not give them my name so they can't sue me!  =)

    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,866
    Very cool! How easy is it to move it around? 


    Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

  • Cdm624Cdm624 Posts: 52
    Very cool! How easy is it to move it around? 
    Very smooth. It goes over the small "ledge" at the end of my garage rather smoothly. I'm moving to the back yard this afternoon and we'll see how it does on grass...It's just too dang hot outside right now.
  • sloveladslovelad Posts: 1,715
    Nice! Are the hangers magnetic?
  • RRPRRP Posts: 22,058
    Cdm624 said:
    Got the egg all nestled in and ready for a fire...
    Looks cool, but you might want to provide either some "bumpers" on the metal crossbars so when you are moving your cart your egg doesn't rub against them. Rubbing will surely chip the glaze on your base causing problems which will not be covered by warranty. One other thought if you don't want to go the bumper route would be to bolt the nest to that bottom shelf so that it all stays rigid.
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • Cdm624Cdm624 Posts: 52
    slovelad said:
    Nice! Are the hangers magnetic?
    Yes...Found them by the check out line at harbor freight for like $2
  • Cdm624Cdm624 Posts: 52

    RRP said:
    Cdm624 said:
    Got the egg all nestled in and ready for a fire...
    Looks cool, but you might want to provide either some "bumpers" on the metal crossbars so when you are moving your cart your egg doesn't rub against them. Rubbing will surely chip the glaze on your base causing problems which will not be covered by warranty. One other thought if you don't want to go the bumper route would be to bolt the nest to that bottom shelf so that it all stays rigid.
    The nest is bolted to the bottom of the wagon so there only slight movement of the egg when in transport on big bumps. The handle side is really the only side I think I need protection in, there an inch or so clearance on the others. 

    Thanks for the heads up though.
  • Cdm624Cdm624 Posts: 52
    Action shot...I'll make the stereotypical "first cook" post later on!
  • sloveladslovelad Posts: 1,715
    This is my egg wagon! Although I've only used it once it really worked like a charm

    it bolts onto my 4x8 trailer


  • RRPRRP Posts: 22,058
    Cdm624 said:

    RRP said:
    Cdm624 said:
    Got the egg all nestled in and ready for a fire...
    Looks cool, but you might want to provide either some "bumpers" on the metal crossbars so when you are moving your cart your egg doesn't rub against them. Rubbing will surely chip the glaze on your base causing problems which will not be covered by warranty. One other thought if you don't want to go the bumper route would be to bolt the nest to that bottom shelf so that it all stays rigid.
    The nest is bolted to the bottom of the wagon so there only slight movement of the egg when in transport on big bumps. The handle side is really the only side I think I need protection in, there an inch or so clearance on the others. 

    Thanks for the heads up though.
    Good! Call me a worrywart but I saw that and thought "oh crap...I wonder if he thought about..." and you already did! Cool! Thanks for your reply! 
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • RRPRRP Posts: 22,058
    slovelad said:
    This is my egg wagon! Although I've only used it once it really worked like a charm

    it bolts onto my 4x8 trailer


    Nice! Can you pull that while chasing ambulances or is your law practice speciality something else? =)
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • sloveladslovelad Posts: 1,715
    RRP said:
    slovelad said:
    This is my egg wagon! Although I've only used it once it really worked like a charm

    it bolts onto my 4x8 trailer


    Nice! Can you pull that while chasing ambulances or is your law practice speciality something else? =)
    No chasing ambulances for me. I practice family law.

    the joke in school is that all the kids who make C's end up making all the money because they practice personal injury.
  • RoebuckRoebuck Posts: 44
    Great wagon!
    Birmingham, Ala.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.