Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza for a first post..... Why not?

Love the forum and love the egg. I'm relatively new to cooking on the egg but have become obsessed like most. Just a quick post of a pizza I recently did. I take my platesetter and place it feet down. I keep the feet out of the notches in the fire ring for some added height. Then I place ceramic feet used to elevate pots (from Home Depot) to elevate large green egg pizza stone off of platesetter for air gap. 500-600 dome. 10 minutes maybe. Don't remember exact cooking time. Just kept spinning it and cooked till it was done. Dough was from local pizza joint that has agreed to sell me raw dough balls (thanks Hideaway) Thanks for all the advice/inspiration given here. I look forward to making future posts and contributing to the egghead community. 
2 Large Eggs    Oklahoma City,OK

Comments

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Great looking pizza!
  • Welcome and great looking pizza. 

Little Rock, AR

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    I want pizza NOW!  Looks awesome. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Welcome. Excellent first post 
    Snellville, GA

• Thank you all for the compliments on the cook. Pizza has become one of my favorite cooks on the egg. I have been cooking on kettles for a while before getting my egg as a gift from my Dad. Night and day difference. Don't think I could have done a pie like that on a kettle.........,,,
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Welcome to the forum and nice looking pie.  I recognize the local pizza joint and enjoy their pizzas here in Tulsa.  Ha!  SoCalSooner is a unique handle, but really hard to get my mind around.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • Hideaway is great. Their dough holds up to the heat of the egg well. Not much sugar maybe?.....  I'm from Oklahoma and graduated from OU. Big Sooners fan (should be an interesting year with coach Riley). Lived in San Diego for a while and met my wife there....  SoCalSooner
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    That pizza looks nice!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Great start to the program. Keep posting. Thank you for sharing those delicious images.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    Welcome aboard and enjoy there journey.  Above all, have fun.
    Great cook right there.  Nailed the pizza.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    For a first time try on za, that is incredible....
  • maso
    maso Posts: 240
    @SoCalSooner where at in OK? I have a hideaway right down the road. How much did they charge you for the balls? I just bought a case from Sams club deli (24 for $18) but we love their pizza (large half Da Bomb half Big Country on thin please!)
    Large BGE in Moore, OK
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    great looking cook and you gave me another idea to try with my next pizza

Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Wow! Perfect looking pie
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2017
    Strong work, nice post.
    Pizza is one of my favorite egg cooks as well, pie #s 7, 8, 9, and 10 are scheduled for tomorrow....all 10 in one week, 7 egg, 3 oven.  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Thank you all again for the nice compliments. To clarify not my first go with pizza. Done a couple pizza cooks. I have a great relationship with one of the managers from the Hideaway close to me here in OKC. He charges me $1 a ball of dough!!!!!!  Not sure all locations do that..........  I've learned so much from everyone here on the forum. Will continue to absorb all the info I can from all you guys. maso said:
    @SoCalSooner where at in OK? I have a hideaway right down the road. How much did they charge you for the balls? I just bought a case from Sams club deli (24 for $18) but we love their pizza (large half Da Bomb half Big Country on thin please!)
    Yes, Da Bomb is Da Bomb. 
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,717
    Welcome!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• BeerMike
    BeerMike Posts: 317
    Can you please provide some additional information about the ceramic feet from Home Depot?  I searched the HD website but could find any info.  Thanks! 
    I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    BeerMike said:
    Can you please provide some additional information about the ceramic feet from Home Depot?  I searched the HD website but could find any info.  Thanks! 
    Try Lowe's ... That's where I got mine. They come 3 to a pack for around $5.
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Welcome to the sickness!  Dat crust!!! Way to come out swinging. Maybe ya shouldn't have set the bar so high on day one. Perhaps dogs with ketchup? :tongue:
    https://youtu.be/G19UqSnNuO8
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,326
    BeerMike said:
    http://www.homedepot.com/s/flower%20pot%20feet?NCNI-5
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• maso
    maso Posts: 240
    Thank you all again for the nice compliments. To clarify not my first go with pizza. Done a couple pizza cooks. I have a great relationship with one of the managers from the Hideaway close to me here in OKC. He charges me $1 a ball of dough!!!!!!  
    That's not a terrible price at all! Which location do you get it from? I told my wife and she wants to get them now!
    Large BGE in Moore, OK
  • http://www.homedepot.com/p/Pennington-1-5-in-Clay-Pot-Feet-Set-of-3-100012662/300067986  

Thats what I use. I go to the NW Expressway location. Ask for Kevin. They are great at that location. maso said:
    Thank you all again for the nice compliments. To clarify not my first go with pizza. Done a couple pizza cooks. I have a great relationship with one of the managers from the Hideaway close to me here in OKC. He charges me $1 a ball of dough!!!!!!  
    That's not a terrible price at all! Which location do you get it from? I told my wife and she wants to get them now!

• Welcome SoCalSooner!  I'm a SoCalHog myself, but I'm trying to bring a little bit of AR to Malibu, CA.  Nice job with the pizza.  I make my own dough - just takes a little over an hour.  I also go feet up, grate, then stone.  There are so many ways to do it.  Great job, and thanks for the inspiration! The logo below is what I use when I make bbq sauce and give it to friends.  It's in my fridge at all times!
    Love cooking on my XL BGE for 2, 12, or 100!
    www.principalchef.com

• camofreak
    camofreak Posts: 161
    Looking good. I may do a pizza this evening.
    Green Eggin' in South Carolina
    Go Gamecocks!!!
  • Fangenbaum
    Fangenbaum Posts: 19
    Great lookin pizza, SoCalSooner!!  With some help from my Mentor in Dunlap, IL, RRP, I attempted my first ever BGE pizza cook last night and I was very, very pleased with the both the ease of the cook and the results.  Regretably, no pics this time....altho I'll fix that on the next go round.  Just a minor alteration in the dough mix and I think the next rendition will improve.  Thanks for the help, RRP!!  Please pass along my fondest thoughts to LS
    Hello, from New Orleans!!  
    "Land of pralines, red beans, creole queens & pinball machines."