Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need some honest input...BGE vs. Kamado Vision as a gift

Options

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    This needs to see Friday.  @SGH anus Calamari 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    Anyone else think that @ckh is really @nolaegghead 's alter ego? Just bored and kicking up sh!t? One of my favorite qualities about him. Keep on brother.

Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Brason said:
    Anyone else think that @ckh is really @nolaegghead 's alter ego? Just bored and kicking up sh!t? One of my favorite qualities about him. Keep on brother.

Seems like something I'd do.  Except I'd probably advocate the 1%.  More trollier.
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Man that's amusing. Trolling a really old thread. On a forum where 99% of us would say kamado joe makes a perfectly good cooker. 

I appreciate the diversion though, I'm prepping for a colonoscopy tonight. 
    Hope everything comes out ok
    Trust me, after drinking the GoLytely, EVERYTHING is going to come out, ok or not. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • alynd
    alynd Posts: 130
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    These guys aren't even good at trolling. Kamado dealers or just plain putzes?
    blind99 said:
    Man that's amusing. Trolling a really old thread. On a forum where 99% of us would say kamado joe makes a perfectly good cooker. 

Vision and Kamado Joe are not the same company.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    alynd said:
    GrillSgt said:
    blind99 said:

The thought here is the sudden influx of troll accounts is simply members of the kj forum that are bored because their bored sucks and is slow. 

Little Rock, AR

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,751
    Options
    vision screwed me out of my warranty. good product, sucky company
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Options
    caliking said:
    blind99 said:

Colonoscopy... A procedure performed with an instrument that has an @sshole at each end.
    Having a career that consists of sticking a camera tube up other peoples rear ends just doesn't sound that interesting to me.

But neither does being on the other end of the exchange.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• alynd
    alynd Posts: 130
    Options
    alynd said:
    GrillSgt said:
    blind99 said:

The thought here is the sudden influx of troll accounts is simply members of the kj forum that are bored because their bored sucks and is slow. 
    Could be.  Digging up a 5 year old thread is a weird move no matter what.
  • SandyHookEgger
    Options
    awesome the thread gets hi-jacked by a troll that gets hi-jacked by a rectum discussion.
     Seems fitting. =)=)
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,616
    Options
    awesome the thread gets hi-jacked by a troll that gets hi-jacked by a rectum discussion.
     Seems fitting. =)=)
    Makes perfect sense.

Vision+a$$holes=colonoscopy 
  • HDmstng
    HDmstng Posts: 192
    Options
    If you have time, what about the KJ roadshow at Costco?  
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    At some point maybe ckh can do a test where all the major Kamados get a colonoscopy. Great way to check for cracks. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited June 2017
    Options
    yljkt said:
    At some point maybe ckh can do a test where all the major Kamados get a colonoscopy. Great way to check for cracks. 
    May not be cost-effective. A colonoscope can only check one crack at a time.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    edited June 2017
    Options
  • ckh
    ckh Posts: 9
    Options
    da87 said:
    Here we go again.  And as seems to be the trend, within the the first 5 posts from a new forum member... 
    I guess that is because it is the face of these forums. Look at everyone's first reaction to some positive chastisement. Ridicule and disdain, and more negative comments about anything not BGE. Funny how no one even tried to apologize for the crappy and false comments made. I expected more, but should have know better. And just for the record, most of the BGE videos, probably done by some of these forum posters, are not up to par with those posted by other Kamado model owners.
    i am far from a troll, actually do post elsewhere and not even closely to a newbie. I just don't like ****. And this thread reeks of it. After all this time, it should be cleaned up. But obviously, many here still think this narrowly. 
    Funny how the best comparison I can think of is ISIS. They turn their noses up at other Muslims, because they aren't holy enough. So they exclude other Muslims and are hostile to their own detriment. Sound like familiar behavior?
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Much better

Little Rock, AR

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    ckh said:
    da87 said:
    Here we go again.  And as seems to be the trend, within the the first 5 posts from a new forum member... 
    I guess that is because it is the face of these forums. Look at everyone's first reaction to some positive chastisement. Ridicule and disdain, and more negative comments about anything not BGE. Funny how no one even tried to apologize for the crappy and false comments made. I expected more, but should have know better. And just for the record, most of the BGE videos, probably done by some of these forum posters, are not up to par with those posted by other Kamado model owners.
    i am far from a troll, actually do post elsewhere and not even closely to a newbie. I just don't like ****. And this thread reeks of it. After all this time, it should be cleaned up. But obviously, many here still think this narrowly. 
    Funny how the best comparison I can think of is ISIS. They turn their noses up at other Muslims, because they aren't holy enough. So they exclude other Muslims and are hostile to their own detriment. Sound like familiar behavior?
    Why dA fvck we need to "clean up" a five yr old thread?

:i_dunno:
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    ckh said:
    da87 said:
    Dude.
     Do the world a  favor.
    Get back on your meds. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Legume
    Options
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    This needs to see Friday.  @SGH anus Calamari 
    Brother Brent, I like how you think brother :D

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    ckh said:
    da87 said:
    OK - I know better but can't let that stand, and its not even Friday and I'm not drinking (yet).  Just so I understand, you decided to go dig around the BGE forum (I'll say that again, the BGE Forum) history looking for a thread where posters favor BGE?  Then you decide that A 5 year old thread is the face of the forum???  And then decide to post your aggressive comments - and expect no response, from BGE forum members...  I just can't believe that all to be true, so this becomes highly purposeful pot stirring (or poking a sleeping lion) - but I just can't figure out who benefits? 

And then you compare us to ISIS, a group that murders by beheading, denies all history and destroys it whenever they can, and finds it acceptable to have slaves...over a 5 year old thread you had to go looking for on purpose; a five year thread that you resurfaced - otherwise it was cleaned up as it was buried in the archives.  I'm sorry you have nothing better to do with your time.

Now the facts:  Other than this thread that you drug up from its grave is there another one on the first 5 pages that even discusses/compares kamados?  The answer is no, I checked!  So how is this the face of the forum?  The true face of this forum is the incredible helpfulness of the forum members and great cooking you see posted - and the fun we all have posting here, kidding each other, and helping each other cook better.  If you truly took the time to look at other past posts, you would see a lengthy exchange - never removed by the BGE monitors - touting the advances of the latest KJs!  And a post by a father who bought a KJ Jr for his daughter and proudly posts the photos - to cheers and support across the forum.

And after your tone and behavior you want an apology - from who, to whom, and for what.  Did you go visit each poster that made a comment and confirm that those were false statements?  DO you have pictures?  Do you happen to own one of the other manufacture and therefore feel you deserve an apology for 5 year old comments that you don't even know are false?  SO what's your real agenda?

As I said, I know better... and I'm done and won't post on this thread again (yes, I know - that brought cheers!) But having typed all of this I have no choice but to hit "Post Comment"
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • ckh
    Options
    da87 said:
    ckh said:
    da87 said:
    OK - I know better but can't let that stand, and its not even Friday and I'm not drinking (yet).  Just so I understand, you decided to go dig around the BGE forum (I'll say that again, the BGE Forum) history looking for a thread where posters favor BGE?  Then you decide that A 5 year old thread is the face of the forum???  And then decide to post your aggressive comments - and expect no response, from BGE forum members...  I just can't believe that all to be true, so this becomes highly purposeful pot stirring (or poking a sleeping lion) - but I just can't figure out who benefits? 

And then you compare us to ISIS, a group that murders by beheading, denies all history and destroys it whenever they can, and finds it acceptable to have slaves...over a 5 year old thread you had to go looking for on purpose; a five year thread that you resurfaced - otherwise it was cleaned up as it was buried in the archives.  I'm sorry you have nothing better to do with your time.

Now the facts:  Other than this thread that you drug up from its grave is there another one on the first 5 pages that even discusses/compares kamados?  The answer is no, I checked!  So how is this the face of the forum?  The true face of this forum is the incredible helpfulness of the forum members and great cooking you see posted - and the fun we all have posting here, kidding each other, and helping each other cook better.  If you truly took the time to look at other past posts, you would see a lengthy exchange - never removed by the BGE monitors - touting the advances of the latest KJs!  And a post by a father who bought a KJ Jr for his daughter and proudly posts the photos - to cheers and support across the forum.

And after your tone and behavior you want an apology - from who, to whom, and for what.  Did you go visit each poster that made a comment and confirm that those were false statements?  DO you have pictures?  Do you happen to own one of the other manufacture and therefore feel you deserve an apology for 5 year old comments that you don't even know are false?  SO what's your real agenda?

As I said, I know better... and I'm done and won't post on this thread again (yes, I know - that brought cheers!) But having typed all of this I have no choice but to hit "Post Comment"

In all honesty, I didn't even look at the age of the thread. And I didn't find it by looking at the forum. I was looking for some info on the Vision and saw the post. The misinformation from people who have not owned the Vision, and then disparaged it was irritating. That's all.

And no, it all fairness to your point, I haven't been on the forum looking at many posts. Bad choice of words, I don't believe it's the face of the forum. I did look at first, and found some benign posts that were enjoyable. However, there are some snobby ones too. And that's not just on this forum, they all have members who drink the Kool-Aid and don't mind being rude about it.

I was not comparing anyone to ISIS. I was comparing the mentality to theirs. That was the intention. I could have used the current Democratic leadership as a better example. They want every member to agree with them, or it's all out war.

I apologize for upsetting everyone over an old post.

• yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    Your right, Dude. It's exactly like ISIS. Positive chastisement from who? Who do you think you are? Right now, you are like a flea with an erection floating down the river and yelling "Raise the drawbridge!". If you don't care for this forum, why visit? That is the real question. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options

:rofl:  found it thru a search, created an account, got approved(we all know that can take a minute), went in tirade. :rofl:
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    He apologized. Shouldn't we call it a Mulligan and just say "welcome aboard"?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    ckh said:
    da87 said:
    ckh said:
    da87 said:

In all honesty, I didn't even look at the age of the thread.

Your first sentence in this thread:
    "I know this is older, but I have to say,..."

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• ckh
    Options

:rofl:  found it thru a search, created an account, got approved(we all know that can take a minute), went in tirade. :rofl:

I know that 22-26% of the people in the world are not capable of critical thought, but do try to follow the bouncing balls. I OWN an Egg, you idiot. I even said that. If you look at my profile, you will see posts that predate this one. Let it lie.
  • Legume
    edited June 2017
    Options
    like a flea with an erection floating down the river and yelling "Raise the drawbridge!"

thats freakin hilarious.

no way a vision owner could come up with that.