Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need some honest input...BGE vs. Kamado Vision as a gift

Options

Comments

• SandyHookEgger
    Options
    We all had the choice at some point. I saw those others at Costco and Sam's. Yes they were cheaper, but the cheapness was obvious compared to a BGE.
     I forked over the extra, joined the snob club and am glad I did. ;)
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Legume said:
    What is FRUAD ?
    Wuznt he some kinda scintist or sumpin?
    I heard he slipped a lot. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I have two eggs and a vision. I use the vision at my camp so its not used nearly as much as my egg. It cooks great but definitely lower quality. But worth all 199 bucks I paid for it. As far as our new guy, pretty sad troll attempt. 

Little Rock, AR

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Legume said:
    What is FRUAD ?
    That's terrible 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    edited June 2017
    Options
    These guys aren't even good at trolling. Kamado dealers or just plain putzes?
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Man that's amusing. Trolling a really old thread. On a forum where 99% of us would say kamado joe makes a perfectly good cooker. 

I appreciate the diversion though, I'm prepping for a colonoscopy tonight. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Man that's amusing. Trolling a really old thread. On a forum where 99% of us would say kamado joe makes a perfectly good cooker. 

Hope everything comes out ok
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Legume said:
    What is FRUAD ?
    That's terrible 
    Thanks for that insight.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Just think, this thread will make tomorrow almost seem bearable.
  • bgebrent
    Options

blind99 said:

Hope you turn out clean =)
  • blind99
    Options
    @theyolksonyou @bgebrent damn this stuff tastes awful. I drank some tequila before starting at least. I'm not sure if I should start a new thread or just continue crapping on this one... 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @blind99 this one is pretty crappy on its own. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2017
    Options
    blind99 said:

No worries, you hang out on the eggheadforum, where everyone, is a perfect a$$hole. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    ckh said:
    We are pitching in and getting my FIL an egg for Father's Day. My Bro-in-law found the Kamado Vision at Costco for $560 with nest, side tables, "platesetter" etc. It's loaded. That's $600 cheaper than a Large Egg and still a hell of a present. Any serious concerns about giving him the Kamado? Anyone use one that has doubts or concerns?

Thanks

(PS- I'm considering giving him my Large for $500 and getting an XL, but that is in negotiations at this time. Keep you posted)

I know this is older, but I have to say, I'm so disappointed in most of the comments on this thread. I have a BGE and a Vision. The misinformation abounds. Both are great. READ THAT AGAIN. Both. I can cook food on both and you wouldn't be able to tell me which was which. Both are solid, no ceramic issues and the Vision I have had for years. I have seen issues with both. Even these forums have people asking advice about Egg issues, so I don't want to hear BS about how they don't. It comes with the territory. There are forums galore for all major brands, only difference I see, is that most of the other forums aren't filled with snobbery, but helpfu, friendly people. Lastly, the Vision price is a great one, one of the best deals in the business. Doesn't mean that one shouldn't buy an Egg if they want to. Choice is awesome, bad advice is not. Off my soapbox now.
    READ THIS ONCE. Go to the Vision site and tell everyone how wonderful your grill is. 3 posts in and you post this drivel from a 5 year old thread? Bored are ya? 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    blind99 said:
    @theyolksonyou @bgebrent damn this stuff tastes awful. I drank some tequila before starting at least. I'm not sure if I should start a new thread or just continue crapping on this one... 
    Brilliant.  Tequila plus prep.  I don't know how I never thought of that.  I've failed at least three preps.  Bravo brother.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    What did he end up getting 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    What did he end up getting 
    Weber kettle.
  • blind99
    Options
    @bgebrent it seemed like a good idea at the time brother. I'll let you know how it works out! 

Cheers!

• bgebrent
    Options
    blind99 said:
    @bgebrent it seemed like a good idea at the time brother. I'll let you know how it works out! 

Cheers!

1:1? ;)
  • blind99
    Options
    @bgebrent golytely margarita will be on menus everywhere one day!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    edited June 2017
    Options
    ckh said:
    We are pitching in and getting my FIL an egg for Father's Day. My Bro-in-law found the Kamado Vision at Costco for $560 with nest, side tables, "platesetter" etc. It's loaded. That's $600 cheaper than a Large Egg and still a hell of a present. Any serious concerns about giving him the Kamado? Anyone use one that has doubts or concerns?

Thanks

(PS- I'm considering giving him my Large for $500 and getting an XL, but that is in negotiations at this time. Keep you posted)

I know this is older, but I have to say, I'm so disappointed in most of the comments on this thread. I have a BGE and a Vision. The misinformation abounds. Both are great. READ THAT AGAIN. Both. I can cook food on both and you wouldn't be able to tell me which was which. Both are solid, no ceramic issues and the Vision I have had for years. I have seen issues with both. Even these forums have people asking advice about Egg issues, so I don't want to hear BS about how they don't. It comes with the territory. There are forums galore for all major brands, only difference I see, is that most of the other forums aren't filled with snobbery, but helpfu, friendly people. Lastly, the Vision price is a great one, one of the best deals in the business. Doesn't mean that one shouldn't buy an Egg if they want to. Choice is awesome, bad advice is not. Off my soapbox now.
    For someone who's got three posts, this is quite the tantrum.
    Ultimately, if you stick around, you'll discover that
    Cen-tex and folks like him are very helpful.  
    Kamado threads are actually pretty even-handed in general.  

Open up your eyes a little, check out some other threads here,
    Fire capabilities, some of them are staring you right in the
    Face!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    blind99 said:

Colonoscopy... A procedure performed with an instrument that has an @sshole at each end.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    caliking said:
    blind99 said:

Colonoscopy... A procedure performed with an instrument that has an @sshole at each end.
    Spoken like a true professional. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    ckh said:

Thanks

For someone who's got all of three posts here, this is quite the little tantrum.
    Ultimately, if you stick around, and I kind of doubt you will, you'll discover that
    Cen-tex and folks like him are very helpful, on a wide range of questions.  

Open up your eyes a little, check out some other threads here, like those on
    Fire capabilities, fun things like that, some of them are staring you right in the
    Face!

Brother John speaks reasonably here.  This forum is colorblind and cares more about friendship, grilled/egged/kamadoed/sous vide/and oven or stove top cooked food.  Your spirited monologue is just simply unnecessary and uninformed.  
    While it may be true that bother CenTex is heretical and an outsider on this forum, you might do well to learn more about this forum and it's closed minded members before posting a rant based on a 5 year old post.  Welcome aboard.
  • blind99
    Options
    @caliking I never imagined this golytely stuff could taste so vile! Gastroenterologists are really sadistic. "Hey what could be worse than shoving a camera up his rear?" "Ooh I know, make him drink a gallon of laxative first!"
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    ckh said:

Thanks

For someone who's got all of three posts here, this is quite the little tantrum.
    Ultimately, if you stick around, and I kind of doubt you will, you'll discover that

Fire capabilities, fun things like that, some of them are staring you right in the
    Face!

Brother John speaks reasonably here.  This forum is colorblind and cares more about friendship, grilled/egged/kamadoed/sous vide/and oven or stove top cooked food.  Your spirited monologue is just simply unnecessary and uninformed.  
    While it may be true that bother CenTex is heretical and an outsider on this forum, you might do well to learn more about this forum and it's closed minded members before posting a rant based on a 5 year old post.  Welcome aboard.
    John is a lefty with a capital L. Just look at just LOOK at all the BIG letters he used. 
  • SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe Posts: 406
    Options
    BGE you dumbass.   Go to Kamado Vision Forum if you want a different opinion. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    ckh said:

Thanks

Face!

John is a lefty with a capital L. Just look at just LOOK at all the BIG letters he used. 
    In fairness to Brent, he quoted it before I edited it for mobile readers.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options

Call Bruce!  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    ckh said:

Thanks

Face!

In fairness to Brent, he quoted it before I edited it for mobile readers.
    I've been misquoted biggly!  We need a special prosecutor!