Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where to Purchase Dome

Options
As some of you may have seen from my previous cook, my dome fell off and broke. Where is the best place to purchase one and how much should I expect to pay? It's a Large.

Comments

• OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 908
    Options
    Sometimes people have BGE parts for sale on Craigslist.
    Here's one in my area:
    https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/for/6176489003.html
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • tymaier
    tymaier Posts: 93
    Options
    Thanks! I have checked CL but didn't see any. I'm in the south Florida area.
  • Greedygoat
    Greedygoat Posts: 134
    Options
    Do you know any good local dealers in your area?  Culinary Concepts in Pompano Beach might be able to help.
    XL and a Mini-Max.
    Boca Raton, FL
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,688
    Options
    Retail is $235 on a Large dome.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    I guess it was jealous that you were polishing your gasser?
    NOLA
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    I would add a new style band while your at it.
    Gittin' there...
  • tymaier
    Options
    Well... I was let go this week! Big budget cuts. Good news is that my wife and I have been building a video company on the side. Not quite enough business to go full time but we're going to try anyways.

Prob gonna wait on dropping $300 on a new dome though LOL. What a week.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,047
    Options
    tymaier said:
    Well... I was let go this week! Big budget cuts. Good news is that my wife and I have been building a video company on the side. Not quite enough business to go full time but we're going to try anyways.

Best of luck in your new adventure!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Options
    tymaier said:

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck.

I was laid off in February of 2014 and since have only worked 2 or 3 months out of the year so I guess I am semi retired. In my field when you are 61 years old with 30 years experience then nobody wants you. They want the young guys. Makes it tough but we are surviving and still Egging on..

You will get through this. PM me if you want to vent sometime.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    tymaier said:

Best of luck on your new venture!  All things happen for the right reasons.  This may be just the push you needed to move forward!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• dsleight
    dsleight Posts: 101
    Options
    Why not try JB weld to glue the dome back together.  The band would mostly hold it together.  I would not do any high heat cooks, but the low and slow stuff would probably hold for a little while....unless it is in more than the two pieces that are shown in the photo.  People on this forum have mentioned JB weld on the platesetter before.
  • tymaier
    Options
    dsleight said:
    Why not try JB weld to glue the dome back together.  The band would mostly hold it together.  I would not do any high heat cooks, but the low and slow stuff would probably hold for a little while....unless it is in more than the two pieces that are shown in the photo.  People on this forum have mentioned JB weld on the platesetter before.
    It's only two pieces! Didn't even realize this as a possibility. I guess it couldn't hurt to try!!
  • dsleight
    dsleight Posts: 101
    Options
    For the price of the JB Weld, it would be worth a shot.  Might get you by until things get going for your business.  Here is one link, you can use the search feature and JB weld to get all kinds of opinions and results.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/310649/egg-repair-and-jb-weld