Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Repair and JB Weld

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is JB Weld safe, ie non-toxic to use on a cracked shell? Mine was dropped while being moved and the bottom of the shell cracked apart.

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Jim Adams,[p]JB Weld work just great I think everyone on the forum has used it at one point or another.
  • The Virginian
    Options
    Jim Adams,
    The company says it is nontoxic. I have used it to put a primo oval back together that was in 8 pieces altogether, and it cooks just fine now. I have had it up to 500 degrees with no problem. [p]Brett

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Jim Adams,
    I have used it on 2 small eggs to make minor repairs to the front lip of the lower shell, and on a Komodo Kamado to make a major repair to the front lip of the lower shell. (Hmmm, what the heck is TNW doing to the front lip of the lower shell on his cookers? :-) ) All is well on all three cookers unless Celtic Wolf hasn't told me the truth about Miss Penny.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Unknown
    Options
    Jim Adams,
    JB Weld ahhhh the fix it all tool...kinda like duct tape. It should work fine

• RJH
    RJH Posts: 129
    Options
    Jim Adams, I'm going to use it to put one of my platesetters back together. It was standing on it's side and I bumped it, broke into 3 pieces. Not nearly as bad as what happened to yours though. JB Weld will work fine.