Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Customer Support

Options
Hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm a new Egg owner (2 weeks) and new to the forum as well.  We have an issue with the Thermometer that came with the Egg.  I reached out to Customer Support over a week ago and haven't even received an acknowledgment of receipt.  I understand that they may be busy but customer support should be centered around managing a customer's expectations.  Traditionally, I have received fantastic support from other manufacturers (Napoleon, Weber, etc.,) and expected the same from Big Green Egg! Does anybody have any additional contact information besides what is posted on the website.  Thanks!  Brad.    

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Think someone has Bruce's contact, but if it's with your thermo, what's the issue?  

I'm sure one of us can help you out.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Welcome. Have you tried going through your dealer? That is how BGE seems to prefers it to work.  
    Phoenix 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Call Bruce, as mentioned. In addition, ask your dealer. For me, that has always been my first point of contact and I've never needed to contact HQ.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Go to the dealer you bought it from.  That is how the egg brand works. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • bradwchambers
    Options
    Think someone has Bruce's contact, but if it's with your thermo, what's the issue?  

I'm sure one of us can help you out.  

Matthew:

Thanks for the response and advice.  In regards to the issue with the Thermometer...  When I was cleaning it up after the 2nd use, I noticed what appeared to be scratches on the Thermometer.  See attached photo.  Given that I purchased an Official Big Green Egg cover along with the Egg, I was surprised that the cover would cause this type of damage.  

Upon further inspection, they are not scratches from the cover as initially suspected, they are actually internal to the thermometer (there is no sign whatsoever of wear or imperfections on the exterior of the thermometer).

I have no idea 
    what could possibly cause this type of damage to the thermometer, given that I believe I have followed direction and taken every precaution as outlined in the owners manual. 
  • bradwchambers
    Options
    Thanks everyone else for your responses and advice in regards to contacting my dealer.  I spoke with him on Saturday and he had never seen anything like this.  I have no concern about whether or not the defective thermometer will be replaced, I'd like to understand the cause.  Thanks again!
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    My medium's thermo has that issue. Never gave it alot of thought. Then again its crazing, too, after a year.  
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Just go to the local dealer where you purchase the Egg. They will help. Technically, that is the correct way to do it. 
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    bruce@biggreenegg.com
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Just go to the local dealer where you purchase the Egg. They will help. Technically, that is the correct way to do it. 
    The dealer is not the one that makes the final call on warranty stuff, least not ceramics and hinges. They have to go thru the distributor.....least that is what the distributor told me. I just had the band's on our Large replaced under the warranty....again. Set that they replaced came from Bruce. Contacted the wonderful woman that handles the warranty stuff at AES, she had to go thru Bruce still...
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Oh sh!t!!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Had a new thermo on my MM get condensation inside in the first week of ownership.  Took it back to the dealer (Roswell Hdwr) the next week and walked out with a new one.  Go to your dealer.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    dougcrann said:
    The dealer is not the one that makes the final call on warranty stuff, least not ceramics and hinges. They have to go thru the distributor.....least that is what the distributor told me. I just had the band's on our Large replaced under the warranty....again. Set that they replaced came from Bruce. Contacted the wonderful woman that handles the warranty stuff at AES, she had to go thru Bruce still...
    Correct. I was simply explaining why he hasn't heard from the mothership. You've got to go through the proper channels. At least that's how it's supposed to work. 
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    The cracks you are seeing are related to a manufacturing issue where residual stress from the molding process are present in the plastic.  Sometimes these cracks are undetectable at the time of manufacture but will ultimately appear as environmental conditions allow the stress to "evolve" in the form of those cracks aka crazing. 

It is definitely a manufacturing issue and I'm sure your dealer will take care of you.
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• bradwchambers
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your support, assistance and advice! Very much appreciated! Just a quick update....  I never did hear anything back from the company itself (which I still believe is a customer service fail, process or not) but I took the thermometer back to my dealer and he replaced it without question.  He also said that he had never seen anything like it before.  Thanks again everyone!
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
     The dealers are customer support for the company I don't think there's any customer support at corporate  except one dude named Bruce 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    FWIW, while I understand the process, if your website is going to have an email address for customer support (which the BGE site does), it should be monitored and, at the very least, have someone send an email telling customers to see their local dealer. Otherwise, it makes customers feel ignored, as in this case.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    That or just go straight to Roswell Hardware, another technically correct way, right @biggreencraig?
    New Albany, Ohio