Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Winner of the Memorial Day "Egg to Our Troops" Giveaway!!!

Killit_and_Grillit
Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
edited May 2017 in Off Topic
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We just passed $1500 in donations!!!!

Thanks to all that donated in the giveaway. We have gotten a lot of great support. 

A special shout out to @stlcharcoal who is letting us purchase a MiniMax and a pallet of charcoal at a substantial discount, @RRP who offered a very generous donation as well as a Rutland gasket set, @Mickey for getting the ball rolling on this and "The Mother Ship" who contacted me this week suggesting they may have some goodies to toss in as well. 

Edit: I am waiting on two teams to get back with me on deployment transportation and ETA on deployment dates. We will get some pics of the Winning Donation group in a few weeks. 

Now. The official Contest Winner. 

Prizes will be paid out of my own funds, not donated.  So no saying no.  You may choose between the following options:

1) A Rutland gasket and a Smokeware cap. 
2) A Dizzy Pig or Meat Church surprise pack. 
3) A Kickash basket of your choosing
4) ...let's just call it Door #4. It could be a disappointment, it could change your life. (That line killed in college)

AND THE WINNER IS...

@JRWhitee !!!  PM me for your choice on prizes. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• Contest decision was a very official decision. Official list 

Left handed blinded judge 

Unbiased marker pick and first name to get ink. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    There was a giveaway?  Congrats Jim!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Also, $1500 + all the other stuff is frickin awesome. Thanks for coordinating!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Awesome!  Simply awesome.  Thank you brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    cool - but I'm confused...I thought the Rutland gasket plus the Permatex I donated was going on the M/M before you even sent it based on what you told me via PM. Oh well...if the winner gets it for their door prize then please give them my email so I can explain the application. OK? 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Awesome! We have some fantastic people here! 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• @RRP That gasket is going on the Minimax

If he chooses a gasket and a Smokeware cap I will pay for whatever one he wants and have you ship it to him. 

South of Nashville, TN

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    RRP said:
    cool - but I'm confused...I thought the Rutland gasket plus the Permatex I donated was going on the M/M before you even sent it based on what you told me via PM. Oh well...if the winner gets it for their door prize then please give them my email so I can explain the application. OK? 
    He's giving another gasket plus a smokeware top out of his own pocket. Yours is going with the minimax. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Wow!  Way to come thru everyone. Congrats to JR. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    @RRP That gasket is going on the Minimax

If he chooses a gasket and a Smokeware cap I will pay for whatever one he wants and have you ship it to him. 
    No - I won't accept your payment - I just want to double down if need be on this effort. OK?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Wow. That's awesome. I came into this a bit late. Amazing what good folks can do together. Thanks to the soldiers above all the rest of this stuff. You men and women are truly amazing. 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • @RRP  

Technology is the best. 

South of Nashville, TN

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Wow y'all are amazing and I don't know how I missed this. Can I still donate late to the party? For the fallen hero family? Well done @Killit_and_Grillit, hell of a way to represent the volunteer state. @RRP you keeping being you, a true gentleman.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    The MiniMax and pallet of charcoal from us is at our cost.......I was going to throw in some eggessories but we'll wait to see what BGE is donating so we do not duplicate.  I doubt they'll need a cover or SW cap to keep the rain out!!  Count us in for some rubs, sauce, etc out of out store. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    The MiniMax and pallet of charcoal from us is at our cost.......I was going to throw in some eggessories but we'll wait to see what BGE is donating so we do not duplicate.  I doubt they'll need a cover or SW cap to keep the rain out!!  Count us in for some rubs, sauce, etc out of out store. 
    May want cover to keep sand out.  It gets in everything and everywhere.  Just a thought.  Not sure where they will keep the little fella.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Very cool and that's great news that we raised so much for a worthy cause! Thank you for putting this together.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • @JRWhitee you're not winning the Stanley Cup this year for sure. Go Preds. I still have my fingers crossed for our scrappy little go-getters. 

Just shoot me over your decision and I'll send it your way!

South of Nashville, TN

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    @JRWhitee you're not winning the Stanley Cup this year for sure. Go Preds. I still have my fingers crossed for our scrappy little go-getters. 

Just shoot me over your decision and I'll send it your way!
    Just sent you a PM. The Preds beat my Blackhawks so I am pulling for them to win it all.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    JRWhitee said:
    Just saw this, thanks guys I never win anything! Well almost never...I did win a Flame Boss from Roswell Hardware last year. As a Vet I am proud to be a part of this. Thanks.
    Congrats brother Jim! 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee said:
    Just saw this, thanks guys I never win anything! Well almost never...I did win a Flame Boss from Roswell Hardware last year. As a Vet I am proud to be a part of this. Thanks.
    Congrats brother Jim! 
    Thanks Buddy

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Adam please check you pm's.
    I sent you a pm.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Congrats @JRWhitee!
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JRWhitee
    Congrats @JRWhitee!
    Thanks Matt. We are looking forward to having you guys.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    JRWhitee said:
    Congrats @JRWhitee!
    Thanks Matt. We are looking forward to having you guys.
    As are we.  Dodged that bullet.  Thanks for taking one for the team Jim.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Ok guys I am back. Sorry I had our church Veterans Group post Memorial Day dinner tonight. Just kicked the last of the crew out the door. 

Responding to PMs now. Here are some burnt ends, brats with pretzel buns, and Moink balls to appease the masses. 

South of Nashville, TN

• JRWhitee
    Ok guys I am back. Sorry I had our church Veterans Group post Memorial Day dinner tonight. Just kicked the last of the crew out the door. 

Responding to PMs now. Here are some burnt ends, brats with pretzel buns, and Moink balls to appease the masses. 
    Good stuff right there.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Thanks everyone. Awesome bunch of folks on here. Congrats Jim, well deserved.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky