Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Roger Waters OT

Options
2»

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Dropped right out of the rafters.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Trump.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Rough translation: calling him a spincter.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Otherside.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • clifkincaid
    clifkincaid Posts: 572
    Options
    I'll be wearing a Trump shirt just for this concert in june here in Washington state.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I'll be wearing a Trump shirt just for this concert in june here in Washington state.
    @clifkincaid
    Make America Great.
    It was not lost on me, his use of freedom of speech, while making tons of money in a capitalist venture, in a country designed to do this. Either way, great show, just try not to get caught up in the bovine scattology.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    What a great time with great music!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Safe to say he's not a trump fan eh? Lol

@Jeremiah  
    He is a fan of the almighty dollar, and free speech. LOL.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    What a great time with great music!
    @bgebrent
    It was a great night, had a blast. If possible, I will try to get back to this show while traveling.
    I recommend highly.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Holy crap. At first I thought we lost another. Great seats! Big Pink Floyd fan as well. 
    My thoughts too!  Not cool @YukonRon .
    @Ozzie_Isaac
    My bad, I was not thinking. I was having a lot of fun.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Nice! Went to see him a few years ago, amazing show.
    @Meeeshigan22
    Did you see the wall?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Very jealous!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I'm going to the Atlanta show in July. Can't wait. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I'm going to the Atlanta show in July. Can't wait. 
    @GATraveller
    It was awesome. You are going to love it.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Yeah ,another entertainer that is led around by a management team and protected by armed security. Having to be told what day it is and what city he's in .People pay to hear his profound comments on real life ? Wow ! It gets stranger every day .  Might as well watch paint dry.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    sctdg said:
    YukonRon said:
    Yeah ,another entertainer that is led around by a management team and protected by armed security. Having to be told what day it is and what city he's in .People pay to hear his profound comments on real life ? Wow ! It gets stranger every day .  Might as well watch paint dry.
    Seen a lot of paint dry. I will admit it is not strange. It is a function of time, heat energy, RH% and linear air flow, mostly. Chemistry plays a role as well.
    I did not go for a profound statement, which would give an epiphany to me, on the way I should lead my life, in fact, I joined My Beautiful Wife, and our friends to see the remnants of a band, that we have enjoyed for years. We do this, for entertainment purposes only.
    The opportunity to do so, for us, overrides any person allegedly led around by a management company, protected by armed security, having to be told what city he is in, and his political views, etc. We are beyond caring about what motivates a 72 year old with his tirades, we just enjoy the music.
    I suppose the bottom line;  Roger Waters is doing this, to make money, in a country that protects his rights for free speech, and collects taxes off his capitalist enterprise. Everybody wins.
    Understanding that beforehand, allows you to see a staged show, based around the most controversial political landscape in US history. I put no more faith in his diatribe, than I would an editorial cartoon covering the same issue.
    I do know there are several fans of Pink Floyd in the forum, which may be considering going to his show, which is the reason why I posted this. It was for them. I can see you found it beneficial, and decided not to add it to your social calendar.
    So, @sctdg, what do you do for entertainment?
    I seriously doubt a person willing to share his insight and opinions, such as you had done with your post, will not waste time watching paint dry.
    Looking forward to your next.
    Peace.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    Well said @YukonRon , regardless of the politics it is, and always has been, amazing music. 

FWIW, I don't know (or really care about) the politics of most of the athletes I watch for entertainment and enjoy (and rewatch) movies based on the story and acting - other than animal house which is too fun of a throwback to my senior year of high school and freshman year of college - and not the actors political views....
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • YukonRon
    Options
    da87 said:
    Well said @YukonRon , regardless of the politics it is, and always has been, amazing music. 

FWIW, I don't know (or really care about) the politics of most of the athletes I watch for entertainment and enjoy (and rewatch) movies based on the story and acting - other than animal house which is too fun of a throwback to my senior year of high school and freshman year of college - and not the actors political views....
    Bing freaking Oh!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    sctdg said:
    YukonRon said:
    Seen a lot of paint dry. I will admit it is not strange. It is a function of time, heat energy, RH% and linear air flow, mostly. Chemistry plays a role as well.
    I did not go for a profound statement, which would give an epiphany to me, on the way I should lead my life, in fact, I joined My Beautiful Wife, and our friends to see the remnants of a band, that we have enjoyed for years. We do this, for entertainment purposes only.
    The opportunity to do so, for us, overrides any person allegedly led around by a management company, protected by armed security, having to be told what city he is in, and his political views, etc. We are beyond caring about what motivates a 72 year old with his tirades, we just enjoy the music.
    I suppose the bottom line;  Roger Waters is doing this, to make money, in a country that protects his rights for free speech, and collects taxes off his capitalist enterprise. Everybody wins.
    Understanding that beforehand, allows you to see a staged show, based around the most controversial political landscape in US history. I put no more faith in his diatribe, than I would an editorial cartoon covering the same issue.
    I do know there are several fans of Pink Floyd in the forum, which may be considering going to his show, which is the reason why I posted this. It was for them. I can see you found it beneficial, and decided not to add it to your social calendar.
    I seriously doubt a person willing to share his insight and opinions, such as you had done with your post, will not waste time watching paint dry.
    Peace.
    Times have changed . There was a time when I would have overlooked bullsh!t like what he was putting out but we are now living in serious times with people that have an agenda that is purely dangerous and don't care what happens to this country as long as they get what they want ,like a child that was denied something . I saw it first hand in the 60's and was the recipient of their blame when things did not go the way they the left, thought it would go . The same kind of mindset where we were called murderers and spit on is happening now in America by people like Waters and the rest of the left . There is no way I would spend my money to see or hear anything anyone one of them have to say .Learned my lesson at 19 . The picture on this website of me sitting in a jungle with a dog was not my idea of fun at 19 it was the left that sent me there and it was the left that called me and many like me, a murderer and spit on us . Barry Goldwater was not the war monger it was the left's Lyndon Johnson and his bullsh!t Gulf of Tonkin incident that put us firmly in a war . No way would I want to give my money to some over payed commie and give him and the rest of them a stage for that crap .
    Oh Yeah peace !
  • Sundazes
    Sundazes Posts: 307
    Options
    Btw, which on is Pink?
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Sundazes said:
    Btw, which on is Pink?
    Close, real close.  Take another shot, you got this.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    sctdg said:
    YukonRon said:
    sctdg said:
    YukonRon said:
    Peace.
    Times have changed . There was a time when I would have overlooked bullsh!t like what he was putting out but we are now living in serious times with people that have an agenda that is purely dangerous and don't care what happens to this country as long as they get what they want ,like a child that was denied something . I saw it first hand in the 60's and was the recipient of their blame when things did not go the way they the left, thought it would go . The same kind of mindset where we were called murderers and spit on is happening now in America by people like Waters and the rest of the left . There is no way I would spend my money to see or hear anything anyone one of them have to say .Learned my lesson at 19 . The picture on this website of me sitting in a jungle with a dog was not my idea of fun at 19 it was the left that sent me there and it was the left that called me and many like me, a murderer and spit on us . Barry Goldwater was not the war monger it was the left's Lyndon Johnson and his bullsh!t Gulf of Tonkin incident that put us firmly in a war . No way would I want to give my money to some over payed commie and give him and the rest of them a stage for that crap .
    Oh Yeah peace !
    @sctdg
    First, allow me to thank you for your service to this greatest of Nations. I was younger during the Vietnam conflict, and also, later, a student of it.
    I, too, spent time in the service. I will concur, at any level, there is no romance in conflict or war, whatever term that is chosen.
    Living in this country allows us freedoms, of which, most of the global population dreams about. We are lucky we live here. The world looks to us for assurance that all is well.
    That is why I joined the service, to make sure we deter those who wish to destroy our guaranteed way of life, and remove us as that beacon on the hill.
    You have done this, we have done this, we will continue to do this.
    Your views on those using theater to push forward their anti Trump agenda are well established and duly noted.
    Your political stance is rock solid.
    As is mine.
    As Mark Twain has been credited in saying "A true patriot supports his country forever, and their government, when their government deserves it."
    Conservatives of the Republican Party are extremely nervous about our president's actions thus far. The cabinet of this administration, is being pursued for working with the Russians, and questions regarding Trump using his power and influence to obstruct justice.
    I am not one to claim Roger Waters is an American patriot. He is, what he is, a musician using the issues of an extremely unpopular president, (which is making himself the laughing stock of the world) to his benefit, to gain wealth.
    Many before him have done the same thing (Will Rogers, and just about all media outlets, etc.) Many more will follow.
    To those of us, which have the freedom of choice, we use that right as we choose. We enjoyed Pink Floyd and their music. Roger Waters, brought it to our city. We went, had a blast, and at the same time, chose not demonstrate our political views, as for us, that night was a chance to see a show, which performed the music we enjoyed, from a band no longer together.
    Roger Waters loves America and it's capitalistic framework. Do not think for a moment he does not, it makes him a wealthy man.
    Peace brother.
    Your words have been heard. I hope for the rest of your journey, you will know you have folks that respect you: Who you are, and your service.
    Enjoy the fact you are one of the many which sacrificed to make this country possible, just as I do everyday.
    There is more right with our country than there is wrong. It will get better. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Too bad this wasn't a RIP thread.  Would be cool to see them beheaded even if it was by an un-funny pre-trans man "comic"  waiting for the hormones to kick in.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Too bad this wasn't a RIP thread.  Would be cool to see them beheaded even if it was by an un-funny pre-trans man "comic"  waiting for the hormones to kick in.
    @thetrim
    Try decaf. :rofl:

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    i was up in the air on this show but may go now thanks to this thread.  i caught the wall and it was the best show ive seen and thats a lot
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    @YukonRon thanks for the show outtakes. I'm really looking forward to it. Roger Waters has been alwayd anti-establishment so not sure why anyone is surprised by the rhetoric in his current tour. Not necessarily my personal view but a view nonetheless and I've always loved their music since seeing them at Bobby Dodd when I was a teenager. 

@sctdg Thanks you Sir for your service to this great nation. Had I been around when you and my father were returning from service I would have thrown you a parade deserving the heroes that y'all are.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon
    Options
    tonyled said:
    i was up in the air on this show but may go now thanks to this thread.  i caught the wall and it was the best show ive seen and thats a lot
    @tonyled
    If you are a fan of Pink Floyd music, you will not be disappointed. I, too, have seen The Wall. I thought it was the show, that was the barometer to measure greatness. Everyone I went with to the "US and Them" tour remarked that it was better than "The Wall". I did not. It is a very close second for me. Great show.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @YukonRon thanks for the show outtakes. I'm really looking forward to it. Roger Waters has been alwayd anti-establishment so not sure why anyone is surprised by the rhetoric in his current tour. Not necessarily my personal view but a view nonetheless and I've always loved their music since seeing them at Bobby Dodd when I was a teenager. 

@sctdg Thanks you Sir for your service to this great nation. Had I been around when you and my father were returning from service I would have thrown you a parade deserving the heroes that y'all are.
    Well said. Cut straight to the music, and it is a worthy experience. The light show and the props were pretty cool too. Not a lot of people were involved at the show during his political diatribe. In fact, a person I sat next to, whom I never met before, asked me if Roger Waters was trying to make us mad. I told him, no he is trying to make "Money". That is when the light went on for that guy, and he started laughing at the irony of it all. I had a blast. You will too.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky