Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Not sure if you can get this in the US, Emma Bridgewater is a really good company making pottery in the birthplace of English pottery, Stoke on Trent. The plate is Melamine, great for camping and everyday as it's childproof! We have a LOT of their stuff, the mugs are especially good for tea, it does taste better from proper china. Heading that way Friday for work and to visit my aunt, may well detour to the factory shop (again).

http://www.emmabridgewater.co.uk/en/uk/all-patterns/men-at-work/icat/patmenatwork
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Just spotted this at Publix.  @SGH prolly has a case of this stuff to go with all the pig anus and pig testes he eats. ;)

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Well. We just fell in love with a house and neither one of ours is even on the market yet.  :s
    Details
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Is the housing market crazy everywhere?   Currently in west Michigan it is typical for a house to be on the market 2 days and have 12 offers over asking price. 
    It's pretty crazy where I am in GA. House at the front of our neighborhood had 6 offers the first day and ended up going above what it appraised at. We bought 3 years ago and our house is up about 50% in value.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Having some Holmes Pecan Smoked Sausage poolside while visiting friends in the Woodlands. I'm in H-town for a few days for a convention. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    Checking my yeti gaskets after all the post of grime. Guess I'm doing something right. First time in three years I've checked and clean as a whistle. It's my whiskey yeti, probably why....  =)

Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Found this out out with the trash from a neighbor about to move. 
    Did you report him to the state mental health folks?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice pick up Dylan!  Bizarre throwing that out.  Guy probably cooked with Cowboy =)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • TN_Sister_State
    Options

The things people toss amazes me, nice find and solid rescue of a great cooker.
    Franklin, Tn

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    TN_Sister_State said:
    The things people toss amazes me, nice find and solid rescue of a great cooker.
    A few years ago I shared a ski chairlift with a guy in Park City.  In the usual up-the-hill small talk I learned his job: dumpster diver!  He used to own a car repair place in Park City (no small thing where a BMW labelled you as a "commoner").  He started finding top-of-the-line skis, rafts, hotel bedsheets, and on and on, in dumpsters, reselling the stuff, and eventually sold his shop so he could concentrate on dumpsters, making more money. 
    It's a strange world we live in.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    not seeing bidding price wars above the asking price but new england yankees price their homes high for the market. from watching it this past year the asking price is about 40 percent over the appraised value. my neighborhood is run down and campy, an 800 sqft home, one bedroom, 1 bath 1/8 acre just sold for 300k, it sold about 5 years ago for 170k
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TN_Sister_State
    edited May 2017
    Options
    not seeing bidding price wars above the asking price but new england yankees price their homes high for the market. from watching it this past year the asking price is about 40 percent over the appraised value. my neighborhood is run down and campy, an 800 sqft home, one bedroom, 1 bath 1/8 acre just sold for 300k, it sold about 5 years ago for 170k
    Sounds like my area.....

Franklin, Tn

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    That's nuts. Franklin is really nice but dang! 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Sounds like my area.....

atleast they fixed that one up =)  300k for the remodel, seems fair ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options

Way to save a life.
    Strong work.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Options
    Sounds like my area.....

Lmfao!!!!!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• TN_Sister_State
    Options
    Its like this all around Nashville now. So glad i bought early years ago. 
    Franklin, Tn

• Focker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Its like this all around Nashville now. So glad i bought early years ago. 

Nice.
    Just had mine appraised for an upcoming new steel roof, gutters.

Bought it 15 years ago for 80K, appraised for 106K.  A little rusty and musty, QC is good enough for me and my extracurricular outdoor activities.

These prices are crazy, I don't care what town it is.  Only $1600 per month, for that? Get me pre-qualified! Lmao

Plan is no mortgage payment for my 5-0.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,352
    Options
    And the next real estate bubble bursts in 3... 2... 1...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Laughing at this:

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Focker
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    And the next real estate bubble bursts in 3... 2... 1...
    Good point.  Glad I got my loan in, before it.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• TN_Sister_State
    Options
    Exactly @focker......
    Franklin, Tn

• Eoin
    Options
    I've got some ribs on as well, but for dinner we have some cod done on the Egg with butter and chilli. Steaming some samphire to go with it.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Contemplating freezer that died.  Lots thrown away, some defrosted and must be cooked in next day or two, some still frozen and packed in ice.

After a good sit unplugged, it's working again.  Must've had vents frosted over or something.  Oh, well, could've been worse, big dinners rest of week.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Botch said:
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    We also get towns sniping employers by offering tax incentives and huge "welcome to town" cash offerings.  Some companies, as soon as the offers stop, they leave.  They only stay as long as towns keep offering up sacrifices. 
    ^ This.  Why do you think 

Hmm, need to keep this apolitical.  :whistle:
    Yah, almost tanked my own thread lol!  And when I am so close to my goal of more views than @travisstrick 's how to bath with a brisket thread.
    I'll post pics of my genitalia before I allow that to happen. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Eoin
    Options
    Ribs for pudding.

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Grilled mahi mahi seasoned with old bay and sweet potatoe fries
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Steaming some samphire to go with it.
    Okay, I've spent some time in Britain but don't know what this is....?  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Been on a knife buying spree. Bought my first Japanese knife last week while over there. Nothing too special. Kai Seki Magoroku Damascus Petty Knife. 

Upon arriving a security for my flight I realized I still had my pocket knife. So I surrendered​ it (threw it away).  It was a cheap free knife my father in law gave me. Nothing special. So I decided to order a new nice EDC. Got a Kershaw Speedsafe Ken Onion design. 

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL