Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone else get a letter from Snake River Farms yesterday?

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
edited May 2017 in Off Topic
First let me say I have purchursed from them in the past, and will continue to in the future. For those reading, their Web site was hacked between Nov and April....and  I was notified as one who has personal information stored with them.

I work in IT and understand the risk we take with any Internet purchase. As a consumer, I also am curious if any of you have seen any suspecious activity during this time frame.

Please folks, this is a legitimate question and is in no way intended to expose or harm their reputation. Gotta ask.
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Didn't get the notice, but don't recall purchasing between those dates. Another reason I never save my credit card info on merchant sites. CC info should be ephemeral IMHO.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,490
    Options
    No notice here but my mail delivery may lag by a day or two.  Checked my account and did purchase a few times within that above mentioned window.  I'm no IT guy but I always purchase thru pay-pal so any direct link with SRF is at least separated.  
    It does suck to be within the hacked vortex.  Hopefully no downstream issues. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Options
    I got my letter yesterday as well. Had 2 orders in that window. I haven't had anything show up with that credit card as of yet. I will likely sign up for the free protection that they are offering. @northGAcock i was thinking about wording this post just as you did. I'll continue to order from them a few times a year as always...
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Bump!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    I had placed the order within those dates, I have received no letter regarding being hacked via SRF. Hope your situation turns out to be a non issue.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Got my letter Saturday.  Nothing out of the ordinary on the CC.   It looks to me after they were aware of the breach, they took every measure to protect their customers. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• SRF_Sean
    SRF_Sean Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks everyone for being so patient with us about this. For those of you who use Paypal or placed your order over the phone, your accounts will not be affected. The attack was not able to penetrate any of our systems where we store information, it instead gathered info while it was being entered for an order. So if you did not receive a letter, but do have sensitive information stored in your account, it remains safe.

If anyone does have any questions regarding the breach, we are more than happy to answer. We're incredibly sorry it happened and want to be as transparent as possible about it. Thank you!