Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Success (Pic lite)

Options
PirateBill
PirateBill Posts: 259
edited May 2017 in Beef
Just wanted to give a shout out to all that made the cook go over so well @minniemoh @GAtraveller my Tennessee Brethren @TN_Sister_State and of course the knowledge dump provided by @Lousubcap and the many more that taught me through my lurking for months. The brisket came off great as everyone at the party seemed to love it. 
Used Hardcore Carnivore Black as the rub ran it @ 250 all night (started at 11) and didn't wrap stalled around 5am and I took it off around 2:45pm saturday then FTC till about 7. The 50 hour Georgia Red wings were a big success also (seriously those things are awesome just wish I had some leftovers) @RRP
Not a huge smoke ring but hey there is always next time!

Again thanks guys for helping novice grillers like me. 

Just realized this is not the brisket I cooked mine was 14.5 cut it down about 2lb of fat. 

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    That looks awesome. Based on your previous posts I figured this thread would be about microwaved brisket.  :)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Smokin_Trout
    Smokin_Trout Posts: 506
    Options
    Looks like you did a fantastic job. 
    Looking at the stickers, I now truly appreciate our local Costco.

• littlemb8899
    Options

nice brisket good colors

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Looks awesome brother!!  Nothing quite as satisfying as nailing a brisket.
    Congrats!
    Now I have to try the Georgia Red Wings.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Way to bring it home.  Congrats.  Most eggcellent.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    Heck yea, beautiful work!!
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Looks good.  I will say, judging by the knife picture, you pulled it off too early. You now know where you stand on how it feels and when to pull it off next time.  Or if it happens again, just slice it a little thinner.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice work brother pirate.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • calracefan
    calracefan Posts: 606
    Options
    Looks good.  I will say, judging by the knife picture, you pulled it off too early. You now know where you stand on how it feels and when to pull it off next time.  Or if it happens again, just slice it a little thinner.

I don't understand, looks pretty good to me. Slicing thin is just a way to hide a tough piece of meat.
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options

I don't understand, looks pretty good to me. Slicing thin is just a way to hide a tough piece of meat.
    When properly cooked it will completely drape over the knife when sliced at about 1/4". His still looks a little tough. He's close. Just giving some advice. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Congrats! Brisket is such a fun cook. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Looks Awesome! I was on the fence about Carnivore Black but man it can make some meat come out looking incredible. (Also Jess Pyrles' accent makes me feel funny "down under")

Try it on beef ribs.  

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• PirateBill
    Options
    Thanks guys it was a lot of fun, bit nerve racking but I just kept saying the cow drives the cook and I have plenty of time. 

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

• Reddogwood
    Reddogwood Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm in the stall now.... I think. Part of my brisket is reading 188-190 and part is reading 170. Leave it on, right? 
  • PirateBill
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @reddogwood I do apologize for the late reply (the wife and I were celebrating our 3rd anniversary) would leave it on if it doesn't probe like butta ... check the point and make sure the thickest part of the flat probes similar. 
    hope this isn't too late but I fear it is. 

Just remember pics or it didn't happen!!!!

Plus don't ask me ask a pro (we got tons of them on the forum)

- Calico Jack Rackham

• PirateBill
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    That looks awesome. Based on your previous posts I figured this thread would be about microwaved brisket.  :)
    Hahaha I actually thought about trying to fake it and make it look like I did it all in the microwave.

- Calico Jack Rackham

• PirateBill
    Options
    Looks Awesome! I was on the fence about Carnivore Black but man it can make some meat come out looking incredible. (Also Jess Pyrles' accent makes me feel funny "down under")

Try it on beef ribs.  
    It is awesome (the rub and the "feeling") will say what ever I put it on is an automatic favorite with the pirate clan.

- Calico Jack Rackham

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Great cook. the images of the brisket were mouth watering. I would make a fool out of myself if that was served at my table.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    killer
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA