Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thinking about selling my XL BGE

Options
and wondering what I should charge. I have a L, which I use most of the time...rarely use the XL and it is gathering dust and taking up a lot of space. Comes with a wood table (slightly warped board), digi-q, BGE cover, etc. My nephew and 2 neighbors are interested. It's about 10 years old, but in great shape. 

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Where are you located?
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2017
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Where are you located?
    Yes do tell. If Nephew and Neighbors want it I say give them first chance. I think any where from 600 to 800 with all that is a great deal. Might get 900 from others.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• monstead
    monstead Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I'm in Dallas. I have sellers remorse just thinking about it, but really, it needs to go to someone who will use it. The neighbor (on Nextdoor) was asking for a good deal on a used XL BGE...I replied I was considering selling mine then another neighbor messaged me wanting to buy it. I haven't gotten back with them. My nephew, in Houston, said he'd buy it, but frankly, I am not inclined to sell it to him since, being family...I know I'd discount it heavily and I'd rather get a fair price (he can easily afford a new one). I gave him a DCS Grill about 4 years ago. I might be better off selling the DigiQ by itself, since I'm not sure the people buying the egg will want to pay for that add-on.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    look how clean that thing is! wow. mine look like they have through a dumpster fire (one of them has) compared to that
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • monstead
    monstead Posts: 4
    Options
    yeah...shows how little I've used it...the Large is a lot more "seasoned". I'd just replaced the felt before the pics were taken. 
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    IMHO here in SoCal  $1200 would be a deal. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    So clean it almost looks like a dedicated baking egg. Cue @RRP who has a SBGE dedicated for baking. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,899
    Options
    So clean it almost looks like a dedicated baking egg. Cue @RRP who has a SBGE dedicated for baking. 
    My baking egg is a medium, but I'll be glad to help!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,410
    Options
    Definitely been well cared for however it got to where it is.  The general rule around here is to discount around 50% from the new retail price for the BGE itself due to absence of warranty.  I would use that as a benchmark and then it depends on you and your neighbors.  I don't envy having two interested as that sounds like a no-win outcome on one side.  (I'm guessing Nextdoor is a local neighborhood forum...).
    To avoid that you may want to check-out CL and see what comes up.  Your BGE so good luck with wherever you land.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TXSamIam
    TXSamIam Posts: 32
    Options
    If whoever you sell it to doesn't want the table give me a shout, I am in Dallas and looking for a table for my XL
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I would sell the large.  
    +1

totally agree. 
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    I would sell the large.  
    +1

totally agree. 
    +2
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,540
    edited April 2017
    Options
    IMO keep the XL.

I have a L and an XL.  If I'm allowed to keep one it'd be the XL ... it's a rib machine; doesn't use significantly more lump than L; you can do kettle style indirect in it ... lump in reducer ring in the middle with wings, legs, whatever in circle around the fire, nice infrared heat from the lump without the platesetter; or lump outside the ring with roast/chicken/whatever in the middle surrounded by fire.  For quick cooks (burger, steaks, sausages) I use a smaller grid that sits on the ring just 1-2 inches above the lump, less lump and more direct heat than L or XL stock grid sitting on fire ring. If you have a Large AR it still fits on the XL. Think I better stop but hope you get the idea  ;)
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,540
    Options
    I would sell the large.  
    +1

totally agree. 
    +2
    +3
    canuckland
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    If you're selling it to a neighbor, I assume they're still sort of getting a lifetime warranty on it unless you or he moves ;)
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    I would sell the large.  
    +1

totally agree. 
    +2
    +3
    +4