Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Show me your set up...

Options
13»

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Focker said:

I never tire of seeing this pic.  I've got 5 kettles myself - only use two of them occasionally.  Why can't I get rid of the other 3??  Strange attachment for sure.

Phoenix 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    At this time, I only had the Large in a nest (on the left) and my old Weber (on the right) to store Eggstuff.  I now also have a Small, also in a nest, plus enough cedar to build a table, carefully aged for, I guess, three years now... :whistle:

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2017
    Options
    blasting said:
    Focker said:

I never tire of seeing this pic.  I've got 5 kettles myself - only use two of them occasionally.  Why can't I get rid of the other 3??  Strange attachment for sure.

In line with the iron addiction.
    I do kind of single purpose them.  
    $30 black otg for the rotisserie
    Free green otg for grilling, camping
    $20 sjp for camping, tailgating
    $225 22wsm and fb 200 for butts
    $350 old used large for gilling
    Newer large for baking
    Kbq for q
    $80 14 wsm for small smokes
    The least used now is probably the 18 wsm.  But that was my first charcoal unit.  Even got a call in ribs with it.  Too hard to sell.

My son, and nephews, will get hooked up as we get older.  ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• noveggske
    noveggske Posts: 38
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Added to my set up last night...  how come I thought this would be a cheap alternative hobby?

• noveggske
    noveggske Posts: 38
    Options
    I had a really hard time deciding between my minimax and a rodizio... How do you like yours? 
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• PirateBill
    PirateBill Posts: 259
    Options
    Sonny3 said:
    I love living in Florida AND really like having my kitchen inside a screened enclosure (mosquitoes).  Having the pool so near is great for a quick dip while cooking too.

Bet that pool comes in handy in the off chance you set yourself on fire, all joking aside eggcelent (see what I did there) set up man very jealous.

Fight like a man so you don't die like a dog

- Calico Jack Rackham

1,000 watt Sharp - 1.1 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave and one sweet steakager (retail 229$) 

Scruffy City a.k.a. Knoxville, TN.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Wow, all these look awesome. My setup has "loser" written all over it.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Wow, all these look awesome. My setup has "loser" written all over it.
    I've had opportunity to observe the way you live and your family life. Loser doesn't apply, regardless of your "setup". 
  • eggingout1983
    Options
    Here is myt setup including my little helper on the background.    
    Toronto,  Ontario,  Large, Large, Mini Max
  • blasting
    Options

@eggingout1983   nice set up.  Boston terrier in the background?

Phoenix 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    In the process of listing this property so I am confined to the small covered patio... SWMBO thinks we need to upgrade and buy our "retirement" home...at the age of 37. Got a good 25 years before that... I just nod and say yes :) 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    In the process of listing this property so I am confined to the small covered patio... SWMBO thinks we need to upgrade and buy our "retirement" home...at the age of 37. Got a good 25 years before that... I just nod and say yes :) 
    We bought what we hope will be our retirement home 10 years ago this August when I was 43.  Getting close all the time.  Never to early to plan.

XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    @ColtsFan said "I just nod and say yes "  If you learned that by 37 you are way ahead of the curve!  Just celebrated our 30th anniversary, the last 10 have been much smoother once I finally learned that response! 
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • sheetmetalpete
    Options
    I'm a driveway guy.  Not much to see here.  I keep talking about building a summer kitchen with a screen porch for grilling/smoking but this works for now.

Glencoe, Minnesota
  • BulletGrillHouse
    Options
    Hoping to do the built in kitchen next year.
    XL, 2-Lg, Mini, 36" Blackstone (Formerly CM23)
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    obbrown55 said:
    Here's my setup
    Very Nice!  This is kind of what I have been wanting to build.  Id the main structure built from concrete blocks, then finished with bricks?
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options

I had way too many cookers sitting on my patio and deck. Finally decided to get rid of the ones I seldom used (Traeger BBQ 075, Yoder YS-640, Cookshack 025 smoker), and concentrate on what does most of my cooks.

Sold my 6' custom table and have my XL on a 3'x3' table I built, with folding side shelf.  Has Flameboss 300 controller, and cooks 100% of anything I want to grill or smoke. Nice small package that rolls in my shed when I am done cooking.  Big wheels make it easy to roll to patio on a nice day.

• littlerascal56
    Options
    Pic of Yoder YS-640 that I rebult cart to make more mobil. Guy from Nebraska just got a deal on that bad boy, and picked up with his trailer.
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    The Flameboss 300 is what really got me excited about using my XL for everything. It takes all the guesswork out of my cooks.  Didn't need the pellet grills anymore after using the FB.  Built a magnetic mount, so I can flip the MagSwitch and take it off if I want to cook without it or in rainy weather.
  • eggingout1983
    Options
    blasting said:

@blasting you are correct he's a red Boston.  
    Toronto,  Ontario,  Large, Large, Mini Max
  • blasting
    edited April 2017
    Options
    blasting said:

@blasting you are correct he's a red Boston.  

@eggingout1983   I've got a redish / brown boston as well.  Great dogs.  I put her on sit today, and forgot about her.  Came  back inside almost an hour later and she's still on sit waiting for me

Phoenix 
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options

Here's mine. I now have a Minimax also.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options

This setup speaks to me!  Curious, did you build this or have it built?  

This is what I want to do at our house that will be built (hopefully one day). I do have one reservation and that is do you find it a hassle to have to go back to the house when you forget something or need something else while cooking?  That's sticking in my mind as my stuff is all on the back deck currently.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options

My way over engineered, recycled deck wood tables. Original deck was built in 2005 and removed early in 2015. Built the large table in May of 2015, and the side table in June same year. I like being able to move both tables when I need but it mostly stays here since the vinyl deck was installed. It is still a work in progress: 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options

This setup speaks to me!  Curious, did you build this or have it built?  

This is what I want to do at our house that will be built (hopefully one day). I do have one reservation and that is do you find it a hassle to have to go back to the house when you forget something or need something else while cooking?  That's sticking in my mind as my stuff is all on the back deck currently.  
    It's only 20' from the door. It's not a problem for me if I forget something.  I'm pretty anal, so I am usually 2 steps ahead on my preps.
    My neighbor built it for me. It's cinder block foundation with the stone overlay on all sides.
    I was just going to put stone on the front, but the wife wanted stone all around. She's the boss. 
    Her and I formed up for the concrete and built the pergola.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset