Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Diet food.

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Sorry Pete!  Looks pretty tasty though.  What's the hidden protein?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    bgebrent said:
    Sorry Pete!  Looks pretty tasty though.  What's the hidden protein?
    Just a sorry a** thin, lean piece of sirloin. It ain't too bad, just ain't too good either. I'm spoiled. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    we like grilled veggies, asparagus will be growing soon!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • pgprescott
    Hans61 said:
    we like grilled veggies, asparagus will be growing soon!
    Asparagus has the highest frequency in my rotation. Love it. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Good luck Pete.  Meal looks good - those grill grates look to do a nice job on the veggies

I've been carb free now for 2+ months - it gets better.

Phoenix 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    That actually looks good. Our midweek meals at home are fairly plain as well. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    SciAggie said:
    I want to see you pull out the tagine again.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    bgebrent said:
    SciAggie said:
    Not me brother Brent. I don't have a tagine. Probably need to get one though... I've done roasts under my cloche - that's as close as I can get to a tagine. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    SciAggie said:
    bgebrent said:
    SciAggie said:
    Not me brother Brent. I don't have a tagine. Probably need to get one though... I've done roasts under my cloche - that's as close as I can get to a tagine. 
    My bad brother.  Your skills and techniques made me think it was you.  Cheers.
  • calracefan
    calracefan Posts: 606
    Been watching carbs since November , down 50 lbs. ! That looks good !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • pgprescott
    Yeah I'm doing no carbs or much of anything else for that matter. Lean protein and veg. Two fruits a day. That's it. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932

Keep fighting the good fight.  I need to start watching my weight too....

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • pgprescott
    johnnyp said:

Keep fighting the good fight.  I need to start watching my weight too....

Yeah. Staying in good shape used to be easy. Good luck 
  • pgprescott
    Threw the protein on the back side to see the result. It will be a lot better with a blob of butter and a thick cut but I'm thinking this could be a winner. Hard to get a real good crust on a 1/2" sirloin. LOL
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    There are so many low carb options. Been on it for 2 years. My wife's lasagna made out of zucchini. Chicken strips fried with coconut. Options are endless. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• pgprescott
    There are so many low carb options. Been on it for 2 years. My wife's lasagna made out of zucchini. Chicken strips fried with coconut. Options are endless. 
    That lasagna sounds great!