Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeti Cooler

Options
g8golfer
g8golfer Posts: 1,025
I know this forum is a hot spot for Yeti Coolers. I won a free Yeti cooler of my choice but I have no clue what I want. Any suggestions? I only golf so I'm not an outdoorsman. I was looking at the Hopper 40. Let me know what you guys think. 

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    Options
    I'd do the Tundra 45 or 65 and have a bad asz FTC cooler. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    I'd go for the Tundra Roadie rather than the Hoppers if you just want to keep a few drinks cold on your golf cart.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Much in line with HeavyG's suggestion, the Roadie 20 is perfect for golf (assuming you will be placing in a motorized cart). Compact enough to carry easily, but big enough to hold a 12 or so. 
  • VB_egger
    VB_egger Posts: 364
    Options
    The biggest one you can store in your house/garage. 
    VA Beach
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    I would do the Marine 50 hands down. I have a Roadie 20 and a Tundra 65 as well and the 50 is my favorite. The dimensions are what I like about it. The footprint vs. capacity vs. weight are in the sweetspot for me.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I would go with the 50 over the 45 or 65 it's one of their shorter but deeper coolers it's a much better design. That's if you want a bigger cooler. If you are just looking for a golf cooler the 20 is great as others have said. I would get it before any soft sides cooler.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Looks like scroll fingers hit OT on a few guys, who were clearly on-topic.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I have the Yeti 50 and absolutely love it. However the 50 serves a specific purpose for me. On that note, the Yeti 50 is my favorite cooler that I own by miles. If it got stolen tonight, I would buy another one tomorrow. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Yeti 420.

Big enough for a human body.  $1400.  Yours free.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    If it's free, take the most expensive one. A cooler I could fit a pig in would be great.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    Options
    Yeti 420.

I may be wrong, but I thought the 420 went the way of the buffalo. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    They actually make a cooler that's $1400? Wow how ppl waste money. Lol. 
  • Thomasc18
    Thomasc18 Posts: 197
    Options
    All depends on what your looking for. Hard or soft. I'd go 45 or 50. I have the 45 wished I had a 50 just because it's deeper. Also got a hopper 30. Since it's free I'd probably just go as big as they'd let me
    Madison, AL
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I have more expensive coolers than I care to admit. 

The 45 Tundra is the most versatile. It's one I don't have and I steal it from my buddy all the time. 

Too small = no room for anything. 

Too big = you never use it because it's too heavy. 

Ask my Yeti 75. It goes nowhere unless it intends on sitting on a trailer or a boat for several days. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I also have a few soft coolers but the Hopper is a waste compared to the RTIC. 

Get a freebie 45. Spend $100 on a RTIC 30. Those two should do more than almost any other option for the $$$.  

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Pick the most expensive one.
    Options
    Pick the one you'll likely use most often.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Pick the most expensive they'll let you get, sell it on the classifieds, then use the funds to get the one(s) that are most likely to suit your needs (which sounds like it may be the Roadie 20).

I have the Tundra 45 and Roadie 20 and love the flexibility of the combo.
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    we have the Tundra 65 which takes up a lot of room in the car, also have a hopper 20 which is a good size but the flip 12 is our favorite for a day to day use.  we just got back from the beach and it was perfect for a few drinks and lunch for 4.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Personally, I would mostly ignore the price and get whatever I would use most often and provide me with the greatest benefit to my lifestyle. 
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    SGH said:
    Yeti 420.

I guess you are correct - they slimmed down the biggest offering to the 350.

That'd take 4 guys to lift if ya filled it with ice and beer.
  • Smokin_Trout
    Options
    Get the biggest most expensive they have. Sell it for 25% off and then buy 5 RTIC coolers 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Pick an expensive one so the damages are greater when you sue them for the capacity being falsely advertised.

or,

just pick the one that matches the situations where you need to keep things cold the longest.
  • SGH
    edited April 2017
    Options
    SGH said:
    Yeti 420.

I guess you are correct - they slimmed down the biggest offering to the 350.

That'd take 4 guys to lift if ya filled it with ice and beer.
    I wasn't 100% sure that the 420 went the way of the buffalo. However since last summer there has not  been any 400+ Yetis at any of the dealers down here. I have several friends who shrimp/fish commercially and they said that they haven't been able to locate any Yetis over 400 either. That's a pretty good sign that the 420 got struck by a rogue buffalo or is only being produced seasonally. 

Status- Standing by.

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    3 fiddy at Costco today

Jacksonville FL
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Dobie said:
    3 fiddy at Costco today

Would make a great casket. Cryogenic!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations - my exact thoughts.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Whole pig or whole sailfish cooler.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Smokin_Trout
    Options
    Dobie said:
    3 fiddy at Costco today

I could probably get a small generator and freezer for that money. Hell maybe even a large egg!
  • SGH
    Options
    Even though it's not a 420, it would still hold a butt load of anus. Just a thought. 

Status- Standing by.