Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

22" Blackstone table top

Jeremiah
Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
Yup. According to their Facebook post. In the comments they said it's a two burner, rear overflow table top that only being offered through home shopping network tomorrow. 
Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    I wonder how much?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Nice size for portability! I like the rear grease trap idea.

LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    That looks nice.  I also like the grease trap on the back. I have been a little too aggressive when pulling the grease towards me to the channel on my 36. Hot grease on the top of your feet is not fun...especially if you are wearing flip flops. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    If it's BS, it'll be legit.  The 1200 grease trap is interesting.

With the 17 and 28 in the stable, I'm good.....for now.   =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,050
    Man that does look awesome. 
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    WeberWho said:
    I wonder how much?

• Jeremiah
    Ha! I was wondering too. It wasn't on the site earlier today. Damn that's tempting. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    That's not bad!  Great portable piece.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • valleyboy
    valleyboy Posts: 22
    Just found the $99 28" at Walmart in Rochester NY today.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Jeremiah said:
    Just ordered it. Damn it. I really got to stop this. 
    I feel your pain. Every month I go through my CC statement and it seems like half the stuff is cooking/bbq related.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    17" and 36" at my house will have to be enough. That 22 seems like it would be perfect for a tabletop. Would really love that dual burner and the little extra space compared to the 17".
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    That grease trap in the back is a definite bonus !!
  • Focker
    valleyboy said:
    Just found the $99 28" at Walmart in Rochester NY today.
    Nice score!  Gotta go with the 28 at that price.  
    Found mine at Wally World for $75....cannot be beat.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    For $160, you can get 2 17s at Ace.
    My grillection went limp.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• kjs
    kjs Posts: 111
    I don't even know if I really want/need one of these but y'all keep talking them up. I like the idea of a table top version. Is 22" big enough to cook for a family of four. I see most of y'all have a 28" or 36" but I don't really have room for something else on wheels, and that's why the tabletop is attractive.
  • Jeremiah
    @kjs I'm thinking the 22 or the 17 would be enough for a family of four, you'll just have to get creative like a mini or small egg for space. It's perfect for four burgers, 4 steaks, etc.!!!
  • BryanLyle
    BryanLyle Posts: 40
    I do not need this. I do not need this. I do not need this. I REALLY need this. Crap. 
  • kjs
    Crap I did it. Hopefully wifey will be happy this will fit on my table, versus having the 28" or 36" taking up more space on the patio. 
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    edited March 2017
    I measured my egg table and then pulled the trigger without the slightest bit of hesitation.  My current table top 17" is too small, and I just don't have a spot on my deck to put the freestanding 28" or 36".  The 22" tabletop is exactly what I needed.  Now what the heck do I do with my 17" desktop?
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    If I get one it better fit comfortably in my ear, because that is where My Beautiful Wife will try to stick it.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    I'm not a hsn shopper. Those ore familiar with them, should I expect the griddl to only be on sale a few days , or will it be offered there regularly?
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I keep passing on one of these for some reason.  Guess since I have a birthday coming up I'm holding out hope.  We'll see.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon said:
    If I get one it better fit comfortably in my ear, because that is where My Beautiful Wife will try to stick it.
    Are you sure it will be your "ear" and not someplace else?
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Hub said:
    I measured my egg table and then pulled the trigger without the slightest bit of hesitation.  My current table top 17" is too small, and I just don't have a spot on my deck to put the freestanding 28" or 36".  The 22" tabletop is exactly what I needed.  Now what the heck do I do with my 17" desktop?
    Ship it down my way.  =)
    MiniMax 04/17

• kjs
    I recorded the HSN 10:00 show just to see what they cooked on it. The HSN rep and to a lesser extent the Blackstone rep kept comparing it to a grill and stating why the BS was better. Obiviously most of us view them as different tools. Anyways the clueless HSN sales lady said "Could you do ribs on this?" To which the BS rep sheepishly said "There are no rules when it comes to this."

Hahaha. 

• kjs said:
    I recorded the HSN 10:00 show just to see what they cooked on it. The HSN rep and to a lesser extent the Blackstone rep kept comparing it to a grill and stating why the BS was better. Obiviously most of us view them as different tools. Anyways the clueless HSN sales lady said "Could you do ribs on this?" To which the BS rep sheepishly said "There are no rules when it comes to this."

Hahaha. 

LOL.

Yeah, you can do ribs on it. But I doubt anyone here (or elsewhere) would care for the results.

I guess it was easier to say "...no rules.." and let the buyer assume they could do ribs. Caveat Emptor 
    MiniMax 04/17

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Hub said:
    Ship it down my way.  =)
    PM me your address and I'll look into it.  It's less than a year old but has a little bit of rust on the outside because it stays outside.  You would need to clean it and possibly reseason it, but it's not bad.  Just needs some maintenance.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    YukonRon said:
    Ron I would get one just to see if it fits. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    YukonRon said:
    Are you sure it will be your "ear" and not someplace else?
    Just one orifice at a time. You should have seen what she done with my last cooler and tent purchase. Not good. =)
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky