Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

King Salmon and no Pacific Northwest Eggfest this year

Options
Did these 3 pieces of King tonight with some garlic herb butter, cooked at 400 about 20 minutes, served with parmesan crusted baby potatoes,  meal turned out fantastic. 
Also got an email from the PNW Eggfest saying after ten years of doing the Eggfest they are taking a break this year. Was definitely disappointed.

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Looks good! What happened to the bottom one!? 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Making sure it was flaking and safe to eat lol!?

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Beautiful salmon.  So glad to see more seafood posts!  Sorry bout your fest not happening.  NCBB is only a few weeks off.  Better than any Eggfest and well worth the ticket price.  Seriously.  Nice cook brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Hotwingking
    Hotwingking Posts: 279
    Options
    Yes the bottom one was just to show the inside.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Yes the bottom one was just to show the inside.
    The top looked perfect.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    beautiful fish - always amazing the difference local/fresh makes!  Makes me want to make another trip out...
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Nice, reminds me I have some Chinook in the freezer, time to take some out. Did you have skin on? For King (Chinook) the fat content is high enough you get a great finish on the skin raised direct. 
    Too bad about the PNW Fest, although my last visit was a couple of years ago. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!