Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Frigging Camera Do You Use

Options

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Botch said:u
    Either my Nikon Df or an older D-200.  I'm convinced that my sucky pics are due to too many, and too-different, light sources.  My kitchen table has light coming in through a sliding glass door, from above through a skylight (which is blue-ish via the plastic lens), from above from the incandescent dining room light, fluorescent from the adjacent kitchen, and fill-flash when I don't want to dig out the tripod.  
    I need to buy a bag of those multi-colored peppers, set em in a bowl, and just spend an afternoon experimenting and taking notes; I may even post the results here if I learn anything surprising.  
    It's funny, when I do a shot of something on the grill outside, with just fill-flash, I'm perfectly happy with those pics; just used to shooting outside I guess.  
    Just shoot a grey card as a custom WB and save that.  I don't do that personally,  but have before. Too easy to fix in LR which is done very somilar, just need to find a true white or grey,  sample that with medicine dropper, and bam, you WB is true. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    I use my IPhone 7+. I have to have the image stabilization or my photos come out blurry.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Everyone please take a picture of your camera and post it. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Botch said:u
    Either my Nikon Df or an older D-200.  I'm convinced that my sucky pics are due to too many, and too-different, light sources.  My kitchen table has light coming in through a sliding glass door, from above through a skylight (which is blue-ish via the plastic lens), from above from the incandescent dining room light, fluorescent from the adjacent kitchen, and fill-flash when I don't want to dig out the tripod.  
    I need to buy a bag of those multi-colored peppers, set em in a bowl, and just spend an afternoon experimenting and taking notes; I may even post the results here if I learn anything surprising.  
    It's funny, when I do a shot of something on the grill outside, with just fill-flash, I'm perfectly happy with those pics; just used to shooting outside I guess.  
    Just shoot a grey card as a custom WB and save that.  I don't do that personally,  but have before. Too easy to fix in LR which is done very somilar, just need to find a true white or grey,  sample that with medicine dropper, and bam, you WB is true. 
    [forehead-slap]!
    Never thought of trying that; thanks!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Android LG V20. Upgraded to this in 2017 from using my old trusty HTC M8. So far I'm happy with its performance. There's autofocus and you can also go 100% manual and also has dual lens wide angle and front facing camera also has the wide angle option. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    I'm kind of thinking it is just the Lifeproof protective case is my issue....along with the drinking AND the paper plates
    That pos didn't last a week on my phone. Got one as a throw in on a multi phone package. It's like trying to have sex with twelve condoms on. No thanks. 
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,530
    Options
    Nikon D80
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    My phone or my iPad. This one is iPad. 

Michiana, South of the border.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    one thingwith the cameras, lousy or not, its the lighting. i only get good pics out doors in the sun light and its because im not up with lighting
    Here is a picture I took with my phone when it was damn near dark out.

Nice dress you have on BTW.  The camera does amazing things in low light conditions I see.  
    Well thank you for the compliment.  I thought it fit perfectly...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    ToTheMax said:
    one thingwith the cameras, lousy or not, its the lighting. i only get good pics out doors in the sun light and its because im not up with lighting
    Here is a picture I took with my phone when it was damn near dark out.

Are you saying that Trump is the only one allowed to have orange skin?
    Yes, Trump is the only one allowed to have orange skin naturally and not due to the flash of the camera.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• ToTheMax
    ToTheMax Posts: 150
    Options
    Botch said:
    You can adjust the white balance in post processing. Or if you get something like this, you can adjust the WB in-camera.

I have one of those disks, I've used it about a dozen times, I have no idea where it now though... it works pretty well, but just wasn't worth the effort or cost.
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    I'm kind of thinking it is just the Lifeproof protective case is my issue....along with the drinking AND the paper plates
    That pos didn't last a week on my phone. Got one as a throw in on a multi phone package. It's like trying to have sex with twelve condoms on. No thanks. 
    I bet if you stop trying to have sex with your phone, a lot of your issues would be solved.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    I'm surprised no one else has mentioned my go-to camera...in fact ONLY camera!  =)
    It's a Canon PowerShot SX110IS. It has a 10X optical zoom, with image stabilizer and 13 dummy proof optional settings which include video plus my favorite AUTO which I use most all of the time.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited March 2017
    Options

When I'm not lazy, 5D mark II.  Most of the time, my Samsung Note Edge.
    Options

What camera took the picture of the camera........That is a nice looking camera!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    lkapigian said:

What camera took the picture of the camera........That is a nice looking camera!
    I set up a complex series of mirrors and used the timer on the 5D for a self portrait.  ;)
    Options

I don't know jack sh*t about cameras, but I know I love that table! Something you made from re-claimed wood maybe?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    I don't post pics here but if you want a great camera for low light without having to use flash and/or dragging out the DSLR, look at the Sony RX100
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Nikon D7200 DSLR
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @RRP - yep, recycled some cypress porch beams and heart pine (broadleaf).  8' long, weighs around 450 pounds.
    Options
    Hasselbad X1D-C, but then I snap a picture of the photo with my Galaxy S1 to post.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    Options
    Iphone 7.  Remember to wipe the lens occasionally...fingerprints on it make for blurry pics.
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• ToTheMax
    ToTheMax Posts: 150
    Options
    Hasselbad X1D-C
    Where's the damn drool emoji?!?!?
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14
  • SkySaw
    SkySaw Posts: 656
    Options
    What kind of camera bag is this? Do you like it? I'm looking for a bag to fit a small mirrorless camera and extra lens.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    edited March 2017
    Options
    iPhone 6+.   Occasionally I use post processing in Lightroom to fix up a photo.  If  I really need a good photo, I shoot RAW with my Canon G16 and "develop" with Lightroom.  I always take this camera with me on vacations, etc.
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • tarheelmatt
    edited March 2017
    Options
    SkySaw said:
    What kind of camera bag is this? Do you like it? I'm looking for a bag to fit a small mirrorless camera and extra lens.
    This is a Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home. It holds a good amount of gear. There's two flashes, 70-200 2.8, 24-120 f4, 50mm, and 55mm macro in there along with the D600 camera. 

It fits well with doing any photog work, especially weddings. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    smbishop said:
    iPhone 6+.   Occasionally I use post processing in Lightroom to fix up a photo.  If  I really need a good photo, I shoot RAW with my Canon G16 and "develop" with Lightroom.  I always take this camera with me on vacations, etc.
    Prefer my G16 over an older entry level Canon DSLR, dayum the dedicated flash for the DSLR cost more than the G16! It's my go to anywhere any time camera. I use it in point-n-shoot mode though  :)  One of these days I want to play with RAW, may have to ask for your advice.
    canuckland
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    edited March 2017
    Options
    smbishop said:
    Prefer my G16 over an older entry level Canon DSLR, dayum the dedicated flash for the DSLR cost more than the G16! It's my go to anywhere any time camera. I use it in point-n-shoot mode though  :)  One of these days I want to play with RAW, may have to ask for your advice.

I totally agree.  The G16 replaced a G11 which replaced a G3, my first digital camera.  For most, it easily replaces a DSLR, has great low light capabilities, and is compact.   Adobe Lightroom is what caused me changed to RAW.  It is very easy to use and produces amazing photos.  Ask away! @Canugghead
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,347
    Options
    Just the ol' S7 Edge camera.. SWMBO won't let my drunk asz use the Nikon around the egg
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!