Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Frigging Camera Do You Use

Options
lkapigian
lkapigian Posts: 10,768
Just like the title says..........Some of the pictures here are so vivid and amazing, my pictures seem to be like looking through a drunks eyes........blurry. What Do You Use
Visalia, Ca @lkapigian

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options

I use the camera on my iPhone 7.  I can't speak for the android users, but on iPhone, if you tap on-screen the camera will focus on your desired area of emphasis.

Also, If you happen to have an iPhone 6+, there is a known issue with their cameras and they will fix it or replace it for free at your local apple store.

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • SirSquatch
    SirSquatch Posts: 109
    Options
    Canon 7DMkII
    Canon EOS M
    iPhone 7

Just depends on what I'm doing and which one is closest when I want to take the picture. 
    Northern VA - LBGE
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I thought I was good at food photos when I joined this forum...I was wrong. There are some fantastic food photos poster here. Almost good enough for a Lazy, BBQ Chef, book writer to steal.lol
    Now I just use my Android phone.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Don't drink so much before taking pictures! Oh, that's me. Never mind. 
  • lkapigian
    Options
    mine is android 7.0............maybe its the paper plates I'm using that throw it all off
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • PlanSB
    PlanSB Posts: 90
    Options
    I use a Canon 5d mkiv for everything but food, for food pics I use my cell phone camera. :)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    I use whatever is on my phone. (The phone is android and 5+ years old so you know it is a high-end piece of equipment-just like the output  ;) )
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Every single cook I say I wish I had a nice camera. The lighting always sucks with my phone camera. Than again I probably wouldn't go out of my way to use a nice camera with my phone always near by and my lazyness of opening my laptop and uploading pictures. Just being honest with myself I guess
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lkapigian
    Options
    I'm kind of thinking it is just the Lifeproof protective case is my issue....along with the drinking AND the paper plates
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    been using my flip phone so long that its back in style =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I don't care enough to use my SLR, so I use the potato camera.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    edited March 2017
    Options
    New I phone plus here. I'm not dragging out my Nikon DSLR for food pics. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    PlanSB said:
    I use a Canon 5d mkiv for everything but food, for food pics I use my cell phone camera. :)
    That's me. I have camera gear from Leica M to Canon and a pile of lenses - but I use my iPad for pics here and on Instagram. I haven't gotten into food styling and all that. I'd rather cook, drink, and eat.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • ToTheMax
    ToTheMax Posts: 150
    Options
    The best camera is that one that's closest to you. You can make pretty much any camera take good photos.

I have a Samsung S5 camera (gets the job done) and a 5D3 with a bunch of glass. I only break out the SLR if I'm thinking I might be printing something out.
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • SmokeySailor
    Options
    iPhone, best damn camera I've ever owned - cause I ALWAYS have it :D
    Whale's Vagina, CA
    XL BGE - AR Rig Combo - Bunch of other things I don't know how to use...
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Brownie Box... it takes a while to get a full roll of pictures to send to the developer but it/s really worth it!!!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• lkapigian
    Options
    Brownie Box... it takes a while to get a full roll of pictures to send to the developer but it/s really worth it!!!

I still have one....as well as old school poleroid
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I use which ever current Android phone I have at the time.  Right now it is a Samsung 7 Edge.  I liked my Note 7 better, but since they were catching on fire had to give it up.  Lighting to me is a big key.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Samsung Note 5.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I used to break out the dSLR for plated food pics since I enjoy my version of amateur food styling. Nowadays I'm too lazy and usually use my iPhone 5s since I always have it in my pocket. Also have a Nexus 5 which I sometimes use. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    iPhone 6s. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

I'll keep you guessing.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I love the camera on my Nexus 6P.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    one thingwith the cameras, lousy or not, its the lighting. i only get good pics out doors in the sun light and its because im not up with lighting
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    one thingwith the cameras, lousy or not, its the lighting. i only get good pics out doors in the sun light and its because im not up with lighting
    Here is a picture I took with my phone when it was damn near dark out.

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options

Nice dress you have on BTW.  The camera does amazing things in low light conditions I see.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • ToTheMax
    ToTheMax Posts: 150
    Options

Are you saying that Trump is the only one allowed to have orange skin?
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    OG 

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Either my Nikon Df or an older D-200.  I'm convinced that my sucky pics are due to too many, and too-different, light sources.  My kitchen table has light coming in through a sliding glass door, from above through a skylight (which is blue-ish via the plastic lens), from above from the incandescent dining room light, fluorescent from the adjacent kitchen, and fill-flash when I don't want to dig out the tripod.  
    I need to buy a bag of those multi-colored peppers, set em in a bowl, and just spend an afternoon experimenting and taking notes; I may even post the results here if I learn anything surprising.  
    It's funny, when I do a shot of something on the grill outside, with just fill-flash, I'm perfectly happy with those pics; just used to shooting outside I guess.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...