Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

. . . "Great Again"

Options

White House blocks news organizations from press briefing

CNN and other news outlets were blocked Friday from an off-camera White House press briefing, raising alarm among media organizations and First Amendment watchdogs.

The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, Politico and BuzzFeed were also excluded from the meeting, which is known as a gaggle and is less formal than the televised Q-and-A session in the White House briefing room. The gaggle was held by White House press secretary Sean Spicer.

In a brief statement defending the move, administration spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said the White House "had the pool there so everyone would be represented and get an update from us today."

The pool usually includes a representative from one television network and one print outlet. In this case, four of the five major television networks -- NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox News -- were invited and attended the meeting, while only CNN was blocked.

And while The New York Times was kept out, conservative media organizations Breitbart News, The Washington Times and One America News Network were also allowed in.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/24/media/cnn-blocked-white-house-gaggle/index.html

Interesting, hunh?

:| 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

Comments

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    Options

White House blocks news organizations from press briefing

CNN and other news outlets were blocked Friday from an off-camera White House press briefing, raising alarm among media organizations and First Amendment watchdogs.

The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, Politico and BuzzFeed were also excluded from the meeting, which is known as a gaggle and is less formal than the televised Q-and-A session in the White House briefing room. The gaggle was held by White House press secretary Sean Spicer.

In a brief statement defending the move, administration spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said the White House "had the pool there so everyone would be represented and get an update from us today."

The pool usually includes a representative from one television network and one print outlet. In this case, four of the five major television networks -- NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox News -- were invited and attended the meeting, while only CNN was blocked.

And while The New York Times was kept out, conservative media organizations Breitbart News, The Washington Times and One America News Network were also allowed in.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/24/media/cnn-blocked-white-house-gaggle/index.html

Interesting, hunh?

:| 

king of trios

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    Reminds me of, "He who has the gold makes the rules."   A possible Friday night topic.  Time will tell.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    edited February 2017
    Options
    haha! CNN has this posted in large bold letters as their header. I can just hear them crying. "The audacity of that man! How dare he!" No one likes you CNN, go away.
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • Sardonicus
    Options

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

If CNN decides to become a news organization again, they should be allowed back in.

Phoenix 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Sardonicus
    edited February 2017
    Options
     :s 
    blasting said:

If CNN decides to become a news organization again, they should be allowed back in.

So . . . it's a good thing that our President gets to decide which organization is a "news organization"?!

Good to know.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I love it. I hope he starts blocking all of the left wing libturds that make up and report fake news. It's good to see someone finally stand up to the nut job libturds on the left. Get'em Trump!!!!!!!! Hey here is an idea, maybe build a wall around CNN and deport its libturds supporters. That would be a fitting and proper end to those lying libturds.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    SGH said:
    I love it. I hope he starts blocking all of the left wing libturds that make up and report fake news. It's good to see someone finally stand up to the nut job libturds on the left. Get'em Trump!!!!!!!! Hey here is an idea, maybe build a wall around CNN and deport its libturds supporters. That would be a fitting and proper end to those lying libturds.  
    's always nice to get input from
    A good, God fearing, Christian southerner. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    edited February 2017
    Options
    never mind, not worth it.
  • Sardonicus
    edited February 2017
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    Well, then . . . who needs even-keeled, bias-free considered thought when you're got that ?!

• Sardonicus
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Legume said:
    epic thread already, two SGH posts w/out saying anus

:rofl:
    You just HAD to poke the bear, didn't you?!

• HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Looks like another raving libtard just weighed in on the WH's latest move to suppress the first amendment . . .

All news organizations must refuse to attend briefings where major outlets are excluded because of critical coverage. https://t.co/tECvGX9PGZ

— Joe Scarborough (@JoeNBC)February 24, 2017   
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm sure this is the first time in history a POTUS has ever blocked a news organization. :ohstop:
    Anus Anus Anus
    Starfish sugarglider
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    MSM will be quite entertaining this evening...How tight will the whine meter end up being wound??
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    Well, then . . . who needs even-keeled, bias-free considered thought when you're got that ?!

The NY TIMES & CNN  are "bias-free  considered thought"?????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Sardonicus
    Options
    I'm sure this is the first time in history a POTUS has ever blocked a news organization. :ohstop:
    Anus Anus Anus
    Starfish sugarglider
    Obviously, you're calendar-aware.

• blasting
    Options
    blasting said:

So . . . it's a good thing that our President gets to decide which organization is a "news organization"?

Good to know.

News organizations can be as hard as they want on Trump.  When they start making stuff up, and colluding with the opposition they should lose their seat at the table.  I'm not sure how anyone - even CNN - could disagree with that.  

Phoenix 
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,172
    Options
    SGH said:
    Wow.
  • Sardonicus
    edited February 2017
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:

The NY TIMES & CNN  are "bias-free  considered thought"?????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
    Okay, Fred.  If I can't decide, who is qualified or justified to decide?
    You?  Wilma?
    President Bamm Bamm?

Who gets to decide, Fred?
    Who?

• HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Anus Anus Anus
    Starfish sugarglider
    Assuming for the sake of forum-decorum (and without conceding) that it's not the first time, that makes it right this time?

It's 5:00 somewhere . . . time to find a happy hour, with no coverage of the news and maybe no wifi too!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Sardonicus
    Options
    blasting said:
    blasting said:

So . . . it's a good thing that our President gets to decide which organization is a "news organization"?

Good to know.

News organizations can be as hard as they want on Trump.  When they start making stuff up, . . .

Examples, please?

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    well, if you banned anyone that made stuff up from press conferences, wouldn't that mean there would be nobody talking to press?  I'm not sure there has been a WH press secretary that never massaged their reporting.

so, isn't this about not liking the fake news you report vs reporting the fake news I tell you?  you can't tell me there is one side that's clean here.
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    blasting said:
    blasting said:

Good to know.

News organizations can be as hard as they want on Trump.  When they start making stuff up, . . .

Examples, please?

Facts really aren't so hard to pin down.  But if you repeatedly use charged adjectives like "fake" and "failing" to preemptively to cast doubt on sources, you can get anyone to believe anything.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/24/us/politics/fact-check-trump-blasts-fake-news-and-repeats-inaccurate-claims-at-cpac.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • blasting
    Options
    blasting said:
    blasting said:

Good to know.

Examples, please?

If you want proof of their unethical behavior (beyond sharing debate questions with Hillary), just google "list of CNN lies".  

For me, this returned 8,570,000 results.

Phoenix 
  • Sardonicus
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Legume said:
    well, if you banned anyone that made stuff up from press conferences, wouldn't that mean there would be nobody talking to press?  I'm not sure there has been a WH press secretary that never massaged their reporting.

so, isn't this about not liking the fake news you report vs reporting the fake news I tell you?  you can't tell me there is one side that's clean here.
    IF you're choosing the false-equivalency prism through which to view this, you're already done.  
    IF so, you're already in the bag - in the queue to be field-dressed..