Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

why

Options
Large BGE
BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada

Comments

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Not stupid at all. One for me, one for my brother. Or two for me, one for each grill. Or one for me one for a gift, or if buying two does not work for you, just don't order either.
  • bigalsworth
    Options
    i don't buy it... but maybe that is because nobody in my part of the world owns an egg.  I wouldn't be able to find another person to split it with even if I advertised it on kijiji
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

• Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    Options
    i don't buy it... but maybe that is because nobody in my part of the world owns an egg.  I wouldn't be able to find another person to split it with even if I advertised it on kijiji
    lol everyone owns a "traeger" here... Barf
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Doesn't have to be used on an egg. There are adapters for pretty much any grill.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bigalsworth
    Options
    as mike said, lots have traegers, the rest have gasers.  no one owns any of those grills where a blower could be used.  As a matter of fact there is probably only 4 places in the whole province that sells brisket, that is how little people bbq
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

• Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    Options
    as mike said, lots have traegers, the rest have gasers.  no one owns any of those grills where a blower could be used.  As a matter of fact there is probably only 4 places in the whole province that sells brisket, that is how little people bbq
    I work with one other egg owner but he calls it a smoker and bought a $1500 gasser to grill on 
  • bigalsworth
    Options
    Miked125 said:
    I work with one other egg owner but he calls it a smoker and bought a $1500 gasser to grill on 
    haha no way!?  Eggers are few and far between it seems, I have never ran into another one.  The butcher in town where I bought mine does not carry brisket or pork shoulders so I guess whoever buys an egg from him must only cook steak and chicken.  Which is cool I guess, there is just so much more out there lol.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,093
    Options
    Sweet!  Thanks for the share.  4 on the way!!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Volume deals, Thermoworks does it all the time......buy five Thermapens and the price goes down. The bad news is no one to share the deal with, the good news you have very few competitiors when a lump shipment comes in......
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options

I feel your pain.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Sounds like a "you" problem :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Gotta be someone with an egg in Saskatoon....

My friend's building there (however, they just moved back here)...

http://drinkle3.com/

Not?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bigalsworth
    Options

We have two dealers in town.  My deal has gone over a year without selling a single egg.  I think the odd person buys them but they dont really use them to much.  I have see that building, I imagine they like the weather better in New Orleans
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

We have two dealers in town.  My deal has gone over a year without selling a single egg.  I think the odd person buys them but they dont really use them to much.  I have see that building, I imagine they like the weather better in New Orleans
    Key to selling eggs is knowing them.  I have a buddy who started dealing eggs out of his Ace Hardware.  I wandered in and sold two eggs to two seperate guys just looky-looing.  Took 30 minutes total.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bigalsworth
    Options
    I don't know is anything about the dealer other than he is a butcher and I rarely buy meat from him, he doesn't carry much of what I want.  It's five minutes from my place and I will drive a half hour to get meat from somewhere else.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Kinda OT, kinda OT*.  After buying my 'spensive yet worth-it Tempurpedic bed, with a 25-year warrantee, I get glossy, heavy-stock, multi-page brochures in the mail from them, monthly, ever since.  
    I will be dead before the end of the warrantee; so, why??  

* "Off-topic" and "On-topic" have the same acronyms.  This isn't helpful.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Botch said:
    Kinda OT, kinda OT*.  After buying my 'spensive yet worth-it Tempurpedic bed, with a 25-year warrantee, I get glossy, heavy-stock, multi-page brochures in the mail from them, monthly, ever since.  
    I will be dead before the end of the warrantee; so, why??  

* "Off-topic" and "On-topic" have the same acronyms.  This isn't helpful.  
    I think on-topic is implied ;)
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Flint, Michigan