Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Sous Vide/BGE 50 hr. cook - Short Ribs (pic heavy)

Options
I've been "Egging" for 13 years but I'm new to this whole Sous Vide thing. I was 1st introduced to Sous Vide cooking about 18 months ago and it took me all this time to wrap my head around this style of cooking. I finally took the plunge and bought a ChefSteps Joule. I wanted to make something different for my wife and mother-in-law for Valentines Day so I picked up a 8 lb. cryopack of Short Ribs from Restaurant Depot. Here are the ribs before and after I trimmed them up and broke them down into individual ribs.They were then dusted with Head Country rub, vacuumed sealed and them put into the sauna for 50 hrs. at 145 deg.
50 hrs. later the ribs are ready to come out. I took them out patted them dry and lightly sauced them with Head Country BBQ rub. My egg was hovering around 500 to sear and carmelize the outside of the ribs. 

All seared and plated with a Garlic Parmesan hassleback potato and bacon wrapped asparagus. The ribs were fork tender and a VERY bit hit with Mrs. RailRoader and my mother-in-law. This will definitely go in the rotation.
HThanks for looking!
Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments