Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoke n fried wings

Options
jalapeño ranch wingsseason thoroughly and allow to rest overnight
smoke at 245 grate temp until 185ish internal
fry at 350 until crispy
apply finishing coat of seasoning
toss in wing sauce

Comments

• Golfguy77
    Options
    Looks like a winner!  
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    That's one of the best looking cooks I've seen in a long time.  Ain't nothing wrong with it.  Where do you get that seasoning? I just did an ebay search and came up empty.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    Those wings look great!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    Daaaaham those look tasty!
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Are you trying to promote your products?
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Wings look good but you probably wanna get a couple more posts under your belt before you start pushing your rubs. Self promotion doesn't usually go very well around here. 
  • SOUTHERNLINKSBBQ
    SOUTHERNLINKSBBQ Posts: 123
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hub said:
    That's one of the best looking cooks I've seen in a long time.  Ain't nothing wrong with it.  Where do you get that seasoning? I just did an ebay search and came up empty
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Hahahahah. Slide it right in quickly! 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • SOUTHERNLINKSBBQ
    Options

Lit said:
    Wings look good but you probably wanna get a couple more posts under your belt before you start pushing your rubs. Self promotion doesn't usually go very well around here. 
    Thanks for the feedback. Not here to upset anyone just trying to give good advice and meet fellow eggers. 
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I looked at your other posts. You're fine as far as I'm concerned. We have a few that have shown up over the years and only post to pimp their products. They usually dont even have an egg. 

Little Rock, AR

• SOUTHERNLINKSBBQ
    Options
    I looked at your other posts. You're fine as far as I'm concerned. We have a few that have shown up over the years and only post to pimp their products. They usually dont even have an egg. 
    After reading the guidelines I was probably dancing over the line a little. Not trying to get kicked out. Thanks for the support. 
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    After reading the guidelines I was probably dancing over the line a little. Not trying to get kicked out. Thanks for the support. 
    Anybody who has a setup like yours and posts it oughta be welcomed with open arms. Damn!

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

Lit said:
    Thanks for the feedback. Not here to upset anyone just trying to give good advice and meet fellow eggers. 
    I have never understood why folks get so upset if someone promotes a product here. We all come on here and promote someone's product line that we like or feel that is best. Example, there are thousands of comments about how great Yeti, RTIC, Rockwood, etc, etc, are. Why is it ok to promote others products but not your own? To each their own I guess. On a seperate note, great looking wings. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Looking good, man.  I've been meaning to pick up a couple of your rubs for a while now.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • SOUTHERNLINKSBBQ
    Options
    SGH said:

Lit said:
    I have never understood why folks get so upset if someone promotes a product here. We all come on here and promote someone's product line that we like or feel that is best. Example, there are thousands of comments about how great Yeti, RTIC, Rockwood, etc, etc, are. Why is it ok to promote others products but not your own? To each their own I guess. On a seperate note, great looking wings. 
    Thank you sir
  • Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    Options
    Wings look good, maybe a few more action shots next time and no one will even notice. 
  • stevez
    stevez Posts: 123
    Options
    SGH said:

Lit said:

There is just a question of independence.  If we talk about how great a product is, that means a great deal more to me as a reference than if the producer brags on it.  Mucho difference.  That's why Consumer Reports and others like them must stay independent. 
    Steve

X/L BGE

Louisville, Kentucky