Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

21-0

Options
1235»

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Someone needs to monitor Arthur Blanks for a few weeks. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Matt Ryan can't even spell elite. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Matt Ryan can't even spell elite. 
    Nor can anyone covering Patriot receivers.

In the second half, I remember the Falcons inside the 30, field goal range, and called a passing play, with a seven step drop, for easily makable yardage. A three step drop would have kept them in Field Goal range, if sacked. Instead, the result was a big QB sack on Ryan, effectively eliminating a FG opportunity, and Boom, here come the Pats.

Give Ryan hell, and deserving it may well be, but some of the offensive play calling, was at the very least, suspect. I think an Elite QB would have checked out of that play. Likely cost them the Super Bowl.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Yup. That sack he took permanently eliminates him from an elite QB conversation. A very bad decision. I thought the game was over after Julio made that phenomenal catch. Kick a FG, go up two scores and call it a day. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Yup. That sack he took permanently eliminates him from an elite QB conversation. A very bad decision. I thought the game was over after Julio made that phenomenal catch. Kick a FG, go up two scores and call it a day. 
    As phenominal a catch as Julio made it will forever be overshadowed by the catch and posession from Eddelston (I think, number 11?) that was the most incredible catch I had ever seen, excluding the immaculate reception.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    @YukonRon - I have to take exception to the friggin immaculate reception (although from a timing perspective it had the greatest impact- ol' Raiders fan here) as I think Tyree's helmet catch it at the top of the list.  Granted there was still lots of clock left but dang.
    Now Edelman's catch is right up there....better to be lucky than good comes to mind.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @YukonRon - I have to take exception to the friggin immaculate reception (although from a timing perspective it had the greatest impact- ol' Raiders fan here) as I think Tyree's helmet catch it at the top of the list.  Granted there was still lots of clock left but dang.
    Now Edelman's catch is right up there....better to be lucky than good comes to mind.
    Not sure I would call Edelman's catch lucky, he concentrated on the ball all the way down and did what was necessary to make the catch. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    edelman is that good, that helmet catch was sorcery
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • YukonRon
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I knew that would make you surface for some air, LOL. :)
    Hey, did I mention I actually met George Blanda? My uncle introduced me to him when I was too short to kick anyone in the hanging bells. He was one of my all time faves. Old School Winner.
    Granted, Tyree's helmet catch was incredible. Luck is a major, MAJOR factor in this game of inches, for sure.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    edelman is that good, that helmet catch was sorcery
    Like the original post I made, I never thought It would be like this. That was a most fortuitous game for the Patriots, and hella stupid by the Falcons.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • CTMike said:
    Just goes to prove that you should never bet against Brady when the game is on the line. 

Brady is the Dread Pirate Roberts.

I'm a father, husband and a veteran and I love food. Cooking it, thinking about it and eating it.

Equipment: Large BGE with KickAsh basket and SmokeWare SS Chimney cap

28 inch Blackstone griddle

Kenmore Gasser storage unit/overflow cooker

Click here to read more about my cooking adventure!

New Berlin, WI

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Tyree's catch still burns my arse. Kearse's catch 2 year ago, the juggling act the play before Malcom became immortal in New England, was pretty special too. Eddleman last night was pure concentration of a great receiver with a little luck mixed in. It wasn't pretty but we'll take it. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    Edelman made a great catch, but it wasn't skill and it definitely wasn't luck.  It was all coaching.   :o
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    where was goodell when my jersey went missing, that loser bastard

Image result for goodell with bradys jersey
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    maybe bradshaw took it... so he could have a fifth. =) hey, 12 is 12, no?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Odell Beckham Jr's one handed grab and Randy Moss' one hander his rookie year vs the Raiders were the best I've seen.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • PatsFan70
    Options
    Sorry I'm a little late to this party...still recovering from several near heart attacks last night!!  I just hope they don't delay the victory parade while they demand a recount of the score  =)

KJ Classic and BGE MiniMax
    Southeastern, MA
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    CTMike said:
    I haven't watched football in 3-4 years, but this is damn funny.  Southerners still haven't gotten over Sherman, closest my wife has come to stabbing me was after I suggested Tecumsah as a middle name.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @CTMike my first thoughts of rebuttal on this thread was a comparative reference to the Savannah Campaign. I thought it was too strong. Glad you didn't. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike