Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody watching the inauguration?

Options

Comments

• jawjatek
    Options
    I hear a liberal's tears make the best brine.
    LBGE w/PID temp control and many extras. "Cookin' right ain't got no end".
    North GA
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    edited January 2017
    Options
    jawjatek said:
    I hear a liberal's tears make the best brine.
    Typically I would agree. But the salt in here the past few days is WAY too much. The ratio of salt to water would be awful.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'm having more fun than ever!
    A shot of the parade route:

The Emperor has no crowds.
    Not surprising. I mean 94% of voters there went for Clinton. 

Think Duke would welcome a North Carolina championship parade? 
    Oh is that the excuse now?  I thought it was that all of his fans had jobs or some nonsense. 
    Excuse? More of a fact, but sure. Actually I lied. It appears only 91% of voters in that city went for hillary not the 94% I claimed.

Not sure I would even be trying to make an excuse. Trump won, last time I checked. But if laughing at a conservative turnout in a democratic city with riots and protests going on to make you feel like you have won at something. Go for it. I encourage it so you aren't so upset. 

Last time I checked, there are things like buses and planes that allow people to travel long distances to get to major US cities.  In fact, I suspect we'll see evidence of that very soon...   
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    A shot of the parade route:

The Emperor has no crowds.
    Not surprising. I mean 94% of voters there went for Clinton. 

Think Duke would welcome a North Carolina championship parade? 
    Oh is that the excuse now?  I thought it was that all of his fans had jobs or some nonsense. 
    Excuse? More of a fact, but sure. Actually I lied. It appears only 91% of voters in that city went for hillary not the 94% I claimed.

Not sure I would even be trying to make an excuse. Trump won, last time I checked. But if laughing at a conservative turnout in a democratic city with riots and protests going on to make you feel like you have won at something. Go for it. I encourage it so you aren't so upset. 

Last time I checked, there are things like buses and planes that allow people to travel long distances to get to major US cities.  In fact, I suspect we'll see evidence of that very soon...   
    Obummer drove gas prices up so high this must not be feasible. 
    Options
    jawjatek said:
    I hear a liberal's tears make the best brine

St. Johns County, Florida
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    This thread needs more photos of Melina and ivanka.
    how does one "agree" more than once with a post? 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I think her name is actually spelled "Melanoma" not "Melina"
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    I love seeing Liberals pout!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    First Lady Melania Trump
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    This thread needs more photos of Melina and ivanka.

ok 

Phoenix 
  • bhedges1987
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Scott805 said:
    A certain 3 of them are taking this very hard. They try to act like they're laughing it off. But when they're here all day all night for the past few days, you get a good idea of how they're feeling.

Heck, one of them cried so much he went MIA for about a month after the election. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• NPHuskerFL
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @bhedges1987 "He" was MIA? Disagree. It's called a family, job and other priorities. The forum is not a priority for me so....
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Scott805 said:
    A certain 3 of them are taking this very hard. They try to act like they're laughing it off. But when they're here all day all night for the past few days, you get a good idea of how they're feeling.

Heck, one of them cried so much he went MIA for about a month after the election. 
    I don't think your mom would agree.
    Options
    WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO

Image result for trump pushing button

Heading straight for Obama's legacy....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    @bhedges1987 "He" was MIA? Disagree. It's called a family, job and other priorities. The forum is not a priority for me so....
    I think he was talking about John. 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited January 2017
    Options
    cazzy said:
    I think he was talking about John. 
    I know it wasn't referring to me Caz :lol:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Scott805 said:

:rofl:

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    PSA. This thread is NOT a safe space.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Lulz!

Can't you imagine the Ivanka T 1000 terminator droid? Or would she be better as a Sexbot(we've got our mojo back)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    Why is bashing Trump allowed from all corners, but President Obama was completely off limits?

Not taking sides, but the supporters of Hillary are coming across as disrespectful and hypocritical.

This is directed at the powerbrokers, not people on this forum.  This forum gladly disrespect both sides.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    edited January 2017
    Options
    PSA. This thread is NOT a safe space.
    All are welcome on this thread and it is a "safe place", for some! Haha. But it just turned 5 on a Friday so good luck. Hope nobody's feeling get hurt
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    Someone who posts 100 times a day in the weeks leading up to election night bashing the right mysteriously disappears the day after the election for over a month?

If you believe that, I have some KILLER ocean front property to sell you here in Kansas City with amazing mountain views.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm old enough to remember when wingnuts used to love George Will. Now that he's anti-Trump the love has evaporated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-is-the-waterbeetle-of-american-politics-and-hell-keep-on-flabbergasting/2017/01/18/d5fc9b7a-dcd9-11e6-ad42-f3375f271c9c_story.html?postshare=2461484838014563&tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.376c8233a92f

This Trumpista's personal attack on Will the other day struck me as particularly ironic:

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bhedges1987
    Options
    Scott805 said:

Didn't know my mom was a lesbian.  Guess I learn something new everyday! I'll have to ask her about that one for sure!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    Also,  I would love for Michelle to pose for GQ!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Why is bashing Trump allowed from all corners, but President Obama was completely off limits?

Not taking sides, but the supporters of Hillary are coming across as disrespectful and hypocritical.

This is directed at the powerbrokers, not people on this forum.  This forum gladly disrespect both sides.
    What are you talking about?  We still have free speech and a free press (for now).
    Options

What are you talking about?  We still have free speech and a free press (for now).
    Yes, but there was never the personal attacks aimed at Obama or Michelle.  I may also add no critical review of his policies.  Except from Brietbart and Michael Savage, who I do not look at as reputable.