Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Official Egghead Weightloss Competition for 2017

Options

Comments

• Gamecockeggman
    Options
    Email sent, I'm in.  Thanks for doing this.  Good luck to all!!
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • BierMugg
    Options
    Email sent I'm in 
  • fletcherfam
    Options
    I got 7, can we get 20??
  • JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Options

Joined. Email sent. Thanks! 

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    This is how I'm gonna lose weight

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Email sent, but now that I think about it, I should probably be in the picture besides just the scale reading, right? :confused:
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Hotwingking
    Options
    Ok I'm fat so I'm in, email sent good luck to everyone and thanks to Fletcher family for doing this.
  • fletcherfam
    Options
    I now have ten
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,112
    Options
    Sent mine in.

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • Markarm4119
    Options
    Thanks for the friendly motivator, I just polished off a bone in chicken breast, baked potato and Brussels sprout all cooked on my new LBGE !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • Markarm4119
    Options
    Mine will be #5 
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • fletcherfam
    Options
    Up to 15, lets get 20!
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    I am in, though you will have to take my word on starting weight.

285 lbs (or 20.3 stone), weighted first thing in the morning
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • @fletcherfam missed the timeline on the thread, I'll send a pic later if I can get in and accept that I have one less day to lose then the competition! Let me know.

I'm a father, husband and a veteran and I love food. Cooking it, thinking about it and eating it.

Equipment: Large BGE with KickAsh basket and SmokeWare SS Chimney cap

28 inch Blackstone griddle

Kenmore Gasser storage unit/overflow cooker

Click here to read more about my cooking adventure!

New Berlin, WI

• PSC
    PSC Posts: 148
    Options
    I'm out, i weigh 160 lbs  =)
  • BigKlu
    BigKlu Posts: 14
    Options
    Is it too late to get in?  
    XL BGE, Akorn and one very old Ducane... 
    HUSKER Football, UK Basketball (Went to 2 good sports schools)  
    Washington Mo.
  • I signed on to this event to make up for losing my way. I did a biggest loser type contest last summer/fall, at the end I ran a half marathon. Lost my motivation to exercise after that and continued to eat like I was training. Result, up about 12 pounds.

I think a big contributor to my success last summer was the food diary requirement. There is a handy, free app that I used. MyFitnessPal. If you're looking to get a handle on your calories it is a great tool. There is something psychologic about physically recording your food intake. It will also give you an idea of your macro and micro nutrient intakes if you interested in that. Overall pretty handy, and in an attempt to secure one of those wonderful sponsor prizes, I started logging my food again this morning!

Best of luck to all who enrolled. I look forward to sharing ideas and recipies along the way!

I'm a father, husband and a veteran and I love food. Cooking it, thinking about it and eating it.

New Berlin, WI

• horoegg
    horoegg Posts: 47
    Options
    Is it still possible to get in?  I sent you an e-mail with a scale pic.  Could really use the motivation to lose some lbs. 
  • Bentgrass
    Bentgrass Posts: 443
    Options

I signed on to this event to make up for losing my way. I did a biggest loser type contest last summer/fall, at the end I ran a half marathon. Lost my motivation to exercise after that and continued to eat like I was training. Result, up about 12 pounds.

I think a big contributor to my success last summer was the food diary requirement. There is a handy, free app that I used. MyFitnessPal. If you're looking to get a handle on your calories it is a great tool. There is something psychologic about physically recording your food intake. It will also give you an idea of your macro and micro nutrient intakes if you interested in that. Overall pretty handy, and in an attempt to secure one of those wonderful sponsor prizes, I started logging my food again this morning!

Best of luck to all who enrolled. I look forward to sharing ideas and recipies along the way!

1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • Bentgrass
    Options
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    My sister passed away this past weekend, so I have not had a chance to get all the info together for the weight loss challenge....may the best person win !!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• fletcherfam
    Options
    Ok so after final tally we have a total of 22 people competing this year. (Largest competition yet) good luck to all of the competitors. I will post a list of all the competitors on this thread shortly. (Nothing like a little accountability to motivate you).
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    dldawes1 said:
    My sister passed away this past weekend, so I have not had a chance to get all the info together for the weight loss challenge....may the best person win !!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your sister @dldawes1, my condolences

Phoenix 
  • bradk31
    bradk31 Posts: 48
    Options
    Too late to enter?
  • This was a timely article so I thought I would share the link...

http://barbecuebible.com/2017/01/13/strategies-recipes-healthy-grilling-smoking/

New Berlin, WI

• JacksDad
    Options
    Low carb dinner. Costco ground beef with Costco fresh salsa, covered in Costco shredded mozzarella, and under the broiler for a couple of minutes. I guess you all know where I spent my morning. 

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• JacksDad
    Options
    dldawes1 said:

Terribly sorry to hear this... Condolences to you and your family...

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• Bentgrass
    Options
    My Condolences.... and I admire you for not making one of their ribeyes as comfort food.   That's a great low carb dish.
  • nolabrew
    nolabrew Posts: 246
    Options
    dldawes1 said:

I'm really sorry to hear that, man.  **** way to start the new year. 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Trying to eat better.. Venison harvested last week and baked sweet potato cutlets