Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Word is, Atlanta will be getting two inches of snow

try not to die, please. 

my wife worked in DC, and they used to call off work for a half inch of snow. 

just feather the clutch a bit. Or if you are driving an automatic, drive slower than you normally do

that's pretty much it 

expecting 8" here. If it were a weekday, kids would have school still

Comments

• We don't plow unless it hits four inches

neither do i. 

Badum TISH (rimshot)

• I was about to make a comment on that's the first time the ATL has seen two inches of anything but dayum. 

You just went fir the kill Touché 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    We don't plow unless it hits four inches

neither do i. 

Badum TISH (rimshot)

One of these?

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    We are starting to get a little sleet just this side of Biloxi. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Prediction of any snow here results in drivers in the ditch.  When we get predictions of rain, there's a run on TP and vodka.  I heard being heavy on the brake worked best in these snowy conditions @JustineCaseyFeldown.  We have 1 inch.  Woohoo.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Sorry man. But this yankee considers connecticut to be 'the south'

i think the real reason is (and this is the truth), only recently did they build schools with A/C

but heat? Heat we got

My sons school left the windows open in the winter because the heat was too high
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    They said we were supposed to get 5". It didn't cover the ground. Talk about fake news...
  • bgebrent said:
    Prediction of any snow here results in drivers in the ditch.  When we get predictions of rain, there's a run on TP and vodka.  I heard being heavy on the brake worked best in these snowy conditions @JustineCaseyFeldown.  We have 1 inch.  Woohoo.
    Here too. It used to be that everyone knew how to drive. 

But one year I saw 17 cars off the road after an inch of snow. This was on 213 (fishless knows about 213)

friggin yuppies in BMWs. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    They said we were supposed to get 5". It didn't cover the ground. Talk about fake news...
    Brother Double, you have to remember that is the same idiots that said Hillary would win by a landslide. Take what they say with a grain of salt my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    I don't know if this is real. I saw on twitter this was a city last year that got 2"of snow... looks like the end of the world

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• SGH said:
    Brother Double, you have to remember that is the same idiots that said Hillary would win by a landslide. Take what they say with a grain of salt my friend. 
    Yes. I remember when the local weatherman was put in charge of predicting the election results 
  • bgebrent
    North of you city boy.  We have 1.5 inches, we've initiated our emergency tree ;)
  • We got maybe an inch today and people were losing their $hit. 

I went to the grocery at lunch because I forgot something in a recipe and my neighbors were sending me lists like I was the damn Purity Dairy truck. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• DoubleEgger
    The Sunbeam bread truck was riding through the neighborhood this afternoon playing ice cream truck music. 
  • bgebrent
    Everybody cross your fingers.  Could this be  Vlad?
  • bhedges1987

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• bgebrent
    We're at Jim Cantore defcon 6.
  • DoubleEgger
    Sorry man. But this yankee considers connecticut to be 'the south'

i think the real reason is (and this is the truth), only recently did they build schools with A/C

but heat? Heat we got

My sons school left the windows open in the winter because the heat was too high
    I didn't have AC in school until high school. I got to practice my " Luke, I am your Father" into the box fan a lot. 
  • bgebrent

but heat? Heat we got

I didn't have AC in school until high school. I got to practice my " Luke, I am your Father" into the box fan a lot. 
    So deprived,  explains a lot.
  • DoubleEgger
    bgebrent said:

but heat? Heat we got

Builds character 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent said:

but heat? Heat we got

Builds character 
    Hate to agree.  You do look good in a button down ;)
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    @bhedges1987, did they have school in your area yesterday?  They cancelled it here for 3 " of snow and because it was in the single didgets.  I remember when I was a kid it had to be at least 5 or more.  When working in Minnesota they didn't cancel much for snow only when the wind chill got below 40 below.  I remember the high to a week or more was -4 and I got used to it.  When it got to 20 people where Waring tee shirts outside with no coat.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    You're chart is pretty accurate. Eastern Virginia is expected to get about a foot and the Virginia Governor declared a state of emergency this afternoon.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bhedges1987
    @bhedges1987, did they have school in your area yesterday?  They cancelled it here for 3 " of snow and because it was in the single didgets.  I remember when I was a kid it had to be at least 5 or more.  When working in Minnesota they didn't cancel much for snow only when the wind chill got below 40 below.  I remember the high to a week or more was -4 and I got used to it.  When it got to 20 people where Waring tee shirts outside with no coat.
    I'm not sure. No kids. However when I was growing up we never had school canceled unless it was at least 8+" or well below 0. They have gotten wimpy the last 5 or so years it seems.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Thrillist just rated Minnesota as the worst state in the nation for winters. Since the state isn't any good at sports we can at least take pride in terrible weather. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • bhedges1987
    WeberWho said:
    Thrillist just rated Minnesota as the worst state in the nation for winters. Since the state isn't any good at sports we can at least take pride in terrible weather. 

No idea how your not good at basketball. Wolves starting 5 is pretty stacked. Young though. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    TWSS
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    WeberWho said:

No idea how your not good at basketball. Wolves starting 5 is pretty stacked. Young though. 
    If the Wolves could somehow convince the league to remove the third quarter of every game we would have a chance to make a run. Everything was supposed to change this year with hiring Thibodeau. What a joke. I wish Flip was still running the show in Wolves nation 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota