Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FYI: RTIC Rotomolded Coolers on sale

Options
cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
edited December 2016 in Off Topic
Even though they claimed rotomolded coolers wouldn't be on sale, they are.  I just picked up a 45 and 65.  Shipping estimated for 12/15. 

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• cazzy
    Options
    Well, well...that was quick!  Guess it's good I get them tomorrow before my wife comes back from Denver. :tongue:
  • Dang...I know for a fact that SWMBO bought me a 20 for $125...Oh, well...I just won't tell her...
    Egging in Indy...
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Nice!!! Thanks for the share Carl.  My wallet may go on strike :wink:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Damnit. I wish I knew for sure my wife had bought me one for Christmas.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • cazzy
    Options
    Dang...I know for a fact that SWMBO bought me a 20 for $125...Oh, well...I just won't tell her...
    Jeremiah said:
    Damnit. I wish I knew for sure my wife had bought me one for Christmas.

Yeah, most peeps who just purchased were not happy about the sale on FB.
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited December 2016
    Options
    These guys....Yeti is laughing, they just came out ...were lower priced and have already had to markdown numerous products multiple times.
    im sure they are fine, but the business model .pretty quick out the gate to markdown product .... pissing off original buyers to boot.

yeti standing strong marching toward the IPO... 

paging Scottie...@sgh I hope he cashed in those RTIC options they gave him for a job well done ;)

Seattle, WA
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    Is there a code or a special link to get to the sale?  I just went to the web page and all hard coolers  are regular price?
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    Never mind it looks like you have to click on the item first to see the sale price. 
  • cazzy
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    These guys....Yeti is laughing, they just came out ...were lower priced and have already had to markdown numerous products multiple times.
    im sure they are fine, but the business model .pretty quick out the gate to markdown product .... pissing off original buyers to boot.

yeti standing strong marching toward the IPO... 

paging Scottie...@sgh I hope he cashed in those RTIC options they gave him for a job well done ;)

I still think they're making cash hand over fist.  I don't think they ever wanted to take over Yeti, they just wanted that small market share that didn't want to pay Yeti money.  

Some recent purchasers are stating they're getting the difference credited back.  
  • SkinnyV
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @Cazzy yeah I'm somewhat razzing. I do know in some business models the discount / markdown wants to be avoided as much as possible and is a margin killer.  I'm sure RTIC is doing just fine, more units out the door more word of mouth.....
    Seattle, WA
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    45 on the way, thanks  =)
    Jacksonville FL
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Just received a 20 at 125, I am happy, it pairs nicely with my 65..
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Jeffroe189
    Options
    I believe I read on FB that they have a 30 day low price guarantee. If the price drop within 30 days of your purchase they will refund you. 
    Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE, MiniMax, Blackstone
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Yea....they're really hurting

I'm an original owner and couldn't care less that they're running a sale. I use my 65 constantly and love it. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SkinnyV
    Options
    Yea....they're really hurting

I'm an original owner and couldn't care less that they're running a sale. I use my 65 constantly and love it. 

Is that car a "winner"? 
    Seattle, WA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    These guys....Yeti is laughing, they just came out ...were lower

Brother Skinny, here is a interesting fact. Any rotomolded cooler (no matter the brand) under 100qts contains less than five dollars worth of polypropylene and less than three bucks worth of metal and rubber. So as long as they sell the cooler for 10 bucks or more they turn a profit. This is true be it Yeti, Orca, RTIC, etc, etc.  
    With the above said, I assure you that RTIC is not hurting in the least, quite the contrary. They are getting ready to expand their lineup dramatically. They are getting ready to start rolling out larger coolers here in the very near future. The RTIC train is akin to the Trump Train. There is simply no stopping it. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SkinnyV
    Options
    Do they make casket sizes? I will reserve one for sure! They have to be a better and more affordable option than what's out there now no? 
    Seattle, WA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Too bad RTIC doesn't make a 50quart
  • SGH
    edited December 2016
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    Do they make casket sizes? 
    There is talk of a 85, 100, and somewhere betwen a 110-150 coming out soon. If these sizes are successful, I'm sure that they will eventually make even bigger ones. And don't be surprised if you see RTIC gun cases in the near future as well. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    I'd seriously be eyeing one if they came with wheels. That's the top want on my cooler list
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited December 2016
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I'd seriously be eyeing one if they came with wheels. That's the top want on my cooler list
    Yep. Pelican came out with their wheeled models right after I got my 65 non-wheeled. I like the looks of the Pelican 55qt wheeled.
    http://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/outdoor-heavy-duty-coolers/tailgater-cooler/wheeled-cooler/55QT/
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    Options
    cazzy said:
     Shipping estimated for 12/15. 

For the record, the above happens to be poor ole SGH's Birthday. And yes, he is expecting a gift ;)

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I need another cooler like I need a hole in my head.
    Options
    I need another cooler like I need a hole in my head.

Status- Standing by.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    DMW said:
    WeberWho said:
    Yep. Pelican come out with their wheeled models right after I got my 65 non-wheeled. I like the looks of the Pelican 55qt wheeled.
    http://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/outdoor-heavy-duty-coolers/tailgater-cooler/wheeled-cooler/55QT/
    That's sweet! Perfect combination. A wheeled cooler is a must when hauling bat bags and other crap to the fields. Thanks for the hope @DMW
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Check Cabela's - last time I was there any cooler purchase over a 40 qt came with a free cart.  I have their 25 and it works great - kept ice for over a week over thanksgiving.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• pescadorzih
    Options
    Finally pulled the trigger on a tan 65.
    Thanks for the heads up @cazzy!
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    For those RTIC owners out there have you done any comparisons with yeti (ice retention and build quality etc...)?? Looks like a good product, I would like to pick up a 65 without the yeti price tag! Side note I've been happy with my yetis, they keep my drinks cold and meat hot! Had to use the 45 for a 6 days when the power went out after a hurricane (frozen food from the refrigerator). Thanks for the info @cazzy
    LBGE
    AL
  • SGH
    edited December 2016
    Options
    For those RTIC owners out there have you done any comparisons with yeti (ice retention and build quality etc...)?? Looks like a good product, I would like to pick up a 65 without the yeti price tag! Side note I've been happy with my yetis, they keep my drinks cold and meat hot! Had to use the 45 for a 6 days when the power went out after a hurricane (frozen food from the refrigerator). Thanks for the info @cazzy
    I have Yeti, Engel, Orca, Pelican and RTIC. The performance between all of the rotomolded coolers is very similar. There is not enough difference in them to argue about. They are all made of the same material, they all use just about the same amount of insulation. The biggest difference in them is cosmetics and shape. Yeti makes a couple of "extra depth" models that I really like for the extra depth that they provide. But other than things like that, the performance is similar.  
    For the money, RTIC is hard to beat. I have not heard of anyone being disappointed in the RTIC's yet. I have four of the RTIC's and have zero complaints with them. 

Status- Standing by.