Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

#1 civic duty.

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Mississippi is more corrupt than Alabama? Shoot aren't the governor and several other of the most senior elected officials charged with corruption right now? Our crooks haven't been indicted yet.  I guess we learned from Louisiana how to hide it .
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Never been called for Jury duty... also- dont really care to do it to be honest. I have more important **** to do than listen to someone who can't follow the laws excuses. I would try to do what I could to get out of a long tenure of jury duty.

Voting however- yes, do not skip a chance.
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I just want to know wth is going on in North Dakota.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    An oil pipeline that's gonna make America great again.  Continuing protests.  Pretty amazing.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    An oil pipeline that's gonna make America great again.  Continuing protests.  Pretty amazing.
    Yep.   The pipeline protester convictions have made them the 2nd most corrupt state.
    Options
    bgebrent said: 
    An oil pipeline that's gonna make America great again.  
    Brother Brent, I sure hope that Trump gives the go ahead to open up Gulf Deep Water Subsea operations again. If he does, I may come out of semi-retirement for a year or two. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Lot of Veterans in the group of protesters.  I would caution against stereotyping what's going on up there in any way.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said: 
    Brother Brent, I sure hope that Trump gives the go ahead to open up Gulf Deep Water Subsea operations again. If he does, I may come out of semi-retirement for a year or two. 
    I'm with you Scottie and I think Trump will recognize the jobs and economics and open it up again.  Environmentally sound of course.  I'd love to see more nighttime on the water pics brother.  
  • bgebrent
    Options
    FATC1TY said:
    Never been called for Jury duty... also- dont really care to do it to be honest. I have more important **** to do than listen to someone who can't follow the laws excuses. I would try to do what I could to get out of a long tenure of jury duty.

Since your presumption is already that the person is guilty, maybe you aren't quite the type of person who ought to serve anyway. 

I would only presume guilty if they had a tattoo, or Gage's maybe? ;)
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said: 
    Huh?  They are open.  Scottie, you should know this. 

Maybe Trump could raise the price of crude so companies could start drilling their existing deep water leases again.
    Options
    How could Nevada and Arizona rank so low?  Dont they know the mob runs both states???? Maybe corruption stems from fewer convictions....

Juat sayin'
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Image result for hardware store performance graph

In the top graph (which is from the internet so totally true), the red line is oil prices and the blue is the drilling to get oil to sell.

The bottom graph is very interesting.  It's the relationship between the survival rate of spawning salmon versus the the rate krill are consumed by adolescent salmon.   The Y axis is between 0 and 80, in this case. 
    Options
    I don't want everyone to vote either.  Ever been to a Brisket Camp?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Never.  But I hear it's like shangri-la.
    Options
    Hub said:
    Hub said:
    Wal-mart, K-mart or Trump Rally.  Makes me skeerd.

New Orleans is the most corrupt city in all of the U.S.A. and Louisiana is the most corrupt state.  Don't believe me? Just do a simple internet search.  Maybe THAT should make you "skeerd" [sic]

(like) "I read it on the internet, must be true!"
    (dislike) "You read it on the internet, false!"

Followup - what the hell does that, true or not, have to do with anything other than you're revealing you're a Trump supporter (in more ways than one).
    You sure do mention Trump a lot.  Your problem and not mine.
    In reality, it will probably be your problem way more than mine.  We shall see.
    Lot of buyers remorse lies ahead for a lot of folks that are awfully giddy now.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• pab
    pab Posts: 273
    Options
    Been voting since 1972. Have been summoned for jury duty 8 or 9 times. The first time was the first potential death penalty case in Licking County once Ohio reinstituted the death penalty. Was sworn in for lawyers challenges and was questioned by the defense lawyer while the accused stared holes through me.  I was asked by the defense lawyer what I knew about the case and I said nothing, which was true. He then asked me knowing what I knew, if I had to make a decision, how would I find his client. My answer was I couldn't make a decision in that case. He was quick to respond " wrong, if you know nothing about the case you must find him innocent because the laws of America provide the presumption of innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt". @FATC1TY you need to brush up on your civics lessons! Hope you are never wrongly accused. 
    Nerk Ahia LBGE
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited December 2016
    Options
    In the words of the great @hapster your number one civic duty is "Don't be an a$$hole!!!"
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Hub said:
    Hub said:
    Wal-mart, K-mart or Trump Rally.  Makes me skeerd.

New Orleans is the most corrupt city in all of the U.S.A. and Louisiana is the most corrupt state.  Don't believe me? Just do a simple internet search.  Maybe THAT should make you "skeerd" [sic]

(like) "I read it on the internet, must be true!"
    (dislike) "You read it on the internet, false!"

Followup - what the hell does that, true or not, have to do with anything other than you're revealing you're a Trump supporter (in more ways than one).
    You sure do mention Trump a lot.  Your problem and not mine.
    In reality, it will probably be your problem way more than mine.  We shall see.
    Lot of buyers remorse lies ahead for a lot of folks that are awfully giddy now.

• FanOfFanboys
    Options
    I assume all the people who say voting is #1 actually vote in ALL their local elections and just are not talking about the presidential election every four years, right? Because you have way more influence on local elections, which tend to also have poor voter turnout, than you do on the presidential election. 
    Boom
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    been summoned 8 times, 4 were cancelled the night before. the other 4 i sat in a room waiting for a judge to call for jury picks, about seven hours staring at a wall each time. bring books, bring beverages, bring food, bring a pillow. last time i was called in was this last election day, like they were going to pick a jury on election day and interfere with my right to vote. if you skip it =) your called back in the next month. postpone it up to a year and i try for march. they cancel the night before and your scheduled for next year. you sit infront of a wall for 7 hours waiting and your scheduled again in 1 to 3 years. you get picked and your out of the loop for 3 years. you would think you get picked for a court house close by but ive been sent to 3 different cities. not sure how i would be on a jury, have testified several times both criminal and civil, the side that lies best seems to win may it be prosecution, the accused, the defense lawyer, the cop etc.  im not even sure jury selection is fair anymore, what percent of the population does not trust the police anymore. hope you get an easy case thats black and white
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I normally get out of jury duty. I tell the judge that I'll always believe a cop over a crackhead. Dismissed. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    I normally get out of jury duty. I tell the judge that I'll always believe a cop over a crackhead. Dismissed. 
    i told the judge one time that cops lie...and that she should understand that =) back in the room to wait for the next judge
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "I was scared for my life your honor, I swear!"

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    "I was scared for my life your honor, I swear!"

I didn't say that was true. It just gets me out of jury duty and on to the golf course by 11am. #priorities. 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Hub said:

FVCK!  So I must be corrupt!!! 
    Well it does follow logically St. Thomas Aquinas. :-)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JustineCaseyFeldown
    Options
    Well it does follow logically St. Thomas Aquinas. :-)
    Horseness is the what-ness of all-horse.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    FATC1TY said:

You should move to China. They have over a 99% conviction rate so you never have to worry about pesky Constitutional rights.
  • ToTheMax
    ToTheMax Posts: 150
    Options
    Voting [in a local election]
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options

First to answer the question at hand.. Both are important.

The reason for the EC is Eggsactly why it was created.  To prevent more populous states from always deciding the President. It is ludicrous to assign race to it and in fact that statement is down-right ignorantly racist. What a total piece of garbage. I am not sure how the founding fathers would know that certain races would "congregate" in more populous cities.  I, for one, am glad that the EC exists as it prevents the left and right coasts (CA, WA, OR, MD, DE, NY, CT, MA,RI,VT,NH) from always deciding the presidency for the rest of the country.  To attempt to dismantle it by such a lame attempt would be a travesty of magnitudious proportions.  And would be challenged by citizens of every state that passes such legislation or joins and votes with this "pact" as it disenfranchises the will of the people of that state.  You don't get to do that.  We are a REPUBLIC. NOT a Democracy.  Oh wait, the liberal indoctrination centers (aka public schools) haven't actually taught how our govt actually works in decades.  Speaking of civic duty - He needs to learn the difference and get over himself. 

As Obama once said (parapharased) "Hey, We won, get over yourself".