Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

#1 civic duty.

I have voted every opportunity since 1978.

Recently been summoned for jury duty and will comply.

Which of these two do you feel is more important?

Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,331
    Ironically I was just summoned for December 12th. I think both are important 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,112
    I have been registered and voted since 1984- only been called twice, both of those were a mess and never got even a chance to serve, get picked- lost my card, trial postponed.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Jury duty
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Like I wrote to you some time ago: apartheid.
  • I've been called several times but only served once. Of course it was a capital murder case(life imprisonment, death penalty waved). I have testified dozens of times as an expert witness in civil cases though.
  • Voting.  Way too many people stay home.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• I think some of you read the question to mean he was thinking about doing one or the other, but not both.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I don't want everybody to vote! Have you ever been in Waffle House at 4am?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    That's real America, right there.
  • I don't want everybody to vote! Have you ever been in Waffle House at 4am?
    Heck have you been in one at 10am?
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited December 2016
    That's real America, right there.
      Almost as terrifying as Hollywood.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    Wal-mart, K-mart or Trump Rally.  Makes me skeerd.
    Face it Nola.... Hillary got her ass kicked so badly. Get over it. Trump is Your president. Bow. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927

New Orleans is the most corrupt city in all of the U.S.A. and Louisiana is the most corrupt state.  Don't believe me? Just do a simple internet search.  Maybe THAT should make you "skeerd" [sic]

Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • I think both are important. I have registered to vote for almost 30 years, and I have only been selected for jury duty once. It was for a murder trail. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • nolaegghead
    Hub said:

New Orleans is the most corrupt city in all of the U.S.A. and Louisiana is the most corrupt state.  Don't believe me? Just do a simple internet search.  Maybe THAT should make you "skeerd" [sic]

(like) "I read it on the internet, must be true!"
    (dislike) "You read it on the internet, false!"

Followup - what the hell does that, true or not, have to do with anything other than you're revealing you're a Trump supporter (in more ways than one).
    Hub said:

Followup - what the hell does that, true or not, have to do with anything other than you're revealing you're a Trump supporter (in more ways than one).
    You sure do mention Trump a lot.  Your problem and not mine.
  • nolaegghead
    Hub said:
    Hub said:

In reality, it will probably be your problem way more than mine.  We shall see.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    #1 civic duty is becoming gainfully employed.  #2 is abiding by our laws.  #1 privilege is the privilege to vote.  #3 duty is serving jury duty.  
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Hub said:
    Hub said:

In reality, it will probably be your problem way more than mine.  We shall see.
    Come at the king, you best not miss.
  • nolaegghead
    Hub said:
    FVCK!  So I must be corrupt!!!  All people have the same corruptness score as your graph!!!  AIEEEEE!!!  The horror.  Oh, wait, convictions per 100,000?  hahahahah  Ummm....ok.  But wouldn't more corrupt states have less convictions?  Whaaaa?

So.....Ummm...so what's your point? 

boom. Also, i am apparently mid-level corrupt. I'll take that. Equal good and bad
  • I don't want everybody to vote! Have you ever been in Waffle House at 4am?
    When many businesses were starting to institute a no smoking policy I was on a road trip and was at a Waffle House. Two guys come in and one tells the other one "hey, I don't think you can smoke in here." My thought was, I am surprised it is not mandatory for all customers to smoke, and have at least one tattoo.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    BS, IL has to be higher.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."