Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More Beef Ribs

Options
dsleight
dsleight Posts: 101
With all the posts on beef ribs popping up, I had to go pick some up.  I got the temp topper rigged up and set the dome to 240 degrees F.  Grid is showing to be holding steady at 220 degrees F.  

These are chuck ribs (short ribs), they look good just sitting there.  I started this cook a little late in the day, so I should be good and hungry by the time they are done.

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Beef ribs on the egg are one of my favorite cooks. I bet yours will be delicious. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • dsleight
    Options
    I may have underestimated the cook time for this slab of ribs.  They hit a stall at 147 degrees and have only increased to 153 degrees over an hour and a half.  I hope it releases soon and starts climbing.........  The egg is still sitting at 250 degrees dome temperature.
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    I hope they finish for you soon but mine have usually taken 5-6 hours.  I generally cook mine at 250-275 at the grid.

Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • dsleight
    Options
    Wow, these took way longer than I had thought they would.  However, they turned out great.

• Luvnlife
    Luvnlife Posts: 219
    Options
    Wow, those look awesome. Nicely done, I want some!!! 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Outstanding. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• ThrillSeeker
    ThrillSeeker Posts: 306
    edited November 2016
    Options

This is a method that I've tried that's less time consuming:

325 degrees for an hour and 15 min

wrap in foil with one ounce of liquid and chopped onions and put back on the grill at 325 for another hour and 15 min.

Unwrap, put back on the grill at 325 for 30 min, test for tenderness and then sauce and finish.

I can't tell the difference between doing this this way and doing them at 250 for 5.5-6 hours.

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Brisket on a stick.  Looks like a winner :plus_one:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Oh yeah... looks great!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"