Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Pensacola egg fest sucks.

13»

Comments

• Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    edited November 2016
    Photo Egg said:
    @Big_Green_Craig Do your own thing???  okay.  I've heard the "ya Jax is getting a Fest in the future"...for several years.  Maybe you heard correctly or maybe it's all talk.  I wouldn't hold my breath on it though.
    LOL. Just sayin! You're gonna start seeing more and more Eggfests pop up bc corporate has changed retail levels. It's now required for Platinum dealers. 
    That's just what is needed. Dealers being forced to host Eggfests. I'm sure that is motivation for them to put on a good fest.
    Would rather a dealer just be a good dealer and not forced to host.
    Let the dealers host Eggfest that are motivated and truly want to host an Eggfest. 
    I agree. You'll see some dealers drop down a level because of it. There are also new stock requirements that go along with this implementation that will not be appealing to some dealers. I have nothing to do with corporate. Just passing along the info. 
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    That likely explains why my dealer went from Platinum to Gold. 
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    I agree. You'll see some dealers drop down a level because of it. There are also new stock requirements that go along with this implementation that will not be appealing to some dealers. I have nothing to do with corporate. Just passing along the info. 
    Thank for the information Craig.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • @NPHuskerFL down for what? I probably am. 

For a EggFest or Forum Type event? 

I'm down. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    I vote for forum-type event. Seem much more fun and casual. I can bring lots of wine and a MiniMax (large is too much for me to move).  :smiley:
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Mickey said:
    I can tell you when Mr Chicken and I started the Salado EggFest $$$ money was not going to be charged. We did 5 years and gave away over a dozen Eggs plus (IMO) provided an outstanding Fest for NO MONEY charged to anyone. We also did not do a Fest on a parking lot of a dealer. Fest's have gone to a profit center, they don't have to be that way as Mr Chicken (Spring Chicken) and I proved. 
    No charge to cooks, tasters, people with products to be displayed. We did that for 5 years and retired. 
    You can vote with your feet to being charged to travel, buy a room, buy food to give away so someone can make money off you. Just say no. 

Yes, but a lot of people don't realize that Mr. Mickey bore a lot of the expenses that were not covered by a couple of sponsors.  And the only reason I use the term "a lot" is because Mr. Mickey has never said exactly how much out-of-pocket expenses he paid so that others could have a great time for free.  My hat is still off to you for your generosity sir.  

Spring "Friend Of Mr. Mickey" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

Not to mention, Toyota of Killeen, a major sponsor, only sponsored because of Mickey.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,830
    It seems like the only problem with a nonEggfest egghead gathering is finding enough people to eat all of the food that is cooked.  At least at an Eggfest there are hundreds to thousands of eaters - which is what is really needed when a bunch of us get together. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Foghorn said:
    It seems like the only problem with a nonEggfest egghead gathering is finding enough people to eat all of the food that is cooked.  At least at an Eggfest there are hundreds to thousands of eaters - which is what is really needed when a bunch of us get together. 
    True dat....but the alchehal seems to run out quicker on the nonEggfest events if you ask me.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,830
    Well, anybody thinking about starting their own eggfest would do well to use Mickey's blueprint from Salado.  It's really two nights of great drink and great food that is temporarily slowed down a little by an eggfest for a few hours while the sun is up.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• @Big_Green_Craig Do your own thing???  okay.  I've heard the "ya Jax is getting a Fest in the future"...for several years.  Maybe you heard correctly or maybe it's all talk.  I wouldn't hold my breath on it though.
    LOL. Just sayin! You're gonna start seeing more and more Eggfests pop up bc corporate has changed retail levels. It's now required for Platinum dealers. 
    Can you elaborate on that?

My local Ace is a platinum dealer and it may pay off to remind them that they are required to do an eggfest.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• We had a nice time at Henapple's "Squeal Like a Tennessee Pig" egg party last year.  I drank, cooked, drank and met some delightful people.  Did I mention I drank?
    Flint, Michigan
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Salado 2013 was the first eggfest we attended, and we've attended a few more in TX since then. SWBO always says what a great fest Salado is, because it really feels like hanging out with great friends and family. Caliprince was 2mo when he first made it to Salado. It will always have a special place in my heart. 

Thanks @Mickey

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    caliking said:
    Salado 2013 was the first eggfest we attended, and we've attended a few more in TX since then. SWBO always says what a great fest Salado is, because it really feels like hanging out with great friends and family. Caliprince was 2mo when he first made it to Salado. It will always have a special place in my heart. 

Thanks @Mickey
    It is ONLY because of you and people like you that made it so. 
    Thank you
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.