Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butt Blast 2017 - April 22, 2017 - Save the Date

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Call the main number for the park and they'll direct you to the right people. 
  • Jeffroe189
    Options
    Cabin has been Paid for. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
    Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE, MiniMax, Blackstone
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Do they only have one camp ground there? I would like to make sure I am reserving a spot in the right place.
    Yes, one large campground.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    edited November 2016
    Options
    If any of you want a cabin, you better hurry up and reserve. Sounds like there are only a couple left at best. 
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    If any of you want a cabin, you better hurry up and reserve. Sounds like there are only a couple left at best. 
    I am waiting to see if anyone is wanting to share and is offering free spooning...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    I am waiting to see if anyone is wanting to share and is offering free spooning...
    Brent loves spooning. He likes to be the little spoon though. 
  • bgebrent
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Alright DoubleDB, I'll be sharing my cabin with my much better half.  Sounds like you and John could maybe hook up. 
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    got my camp site reserved
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Alright DoubleDB, I'll be sharing my cabin with my much better half.  Sounds like you and John could maybe hook up. 
    Nichole won't mind if you and John are spooning. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Nichole won't mind if you and John are spooning. 
    She'll be too busy doing his cooking to notice. 
    Ouch! 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Yes they only have one campground and these pictures should help.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options

I have been off the forum for a few days due to traveling south for the winter, first stop was the 8th Annual Minifest in Melbourne FL, it's just like the Butt blast only we take over a small hotel on the beach for 3 days! We have arrived at our winter home Okeechobee FL. Next weekend we will be cooking at the Central Florida Fall Eggfest.

I was happy to see that Piney came out of the wood of NC and posted something. A bummer to hear about Scott not coming.

I rode my motorcycle all around West Jefferson this summer looking for you.. not a sign..where where you hiding?? Have a good winter see you and Kay in the spring.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    piney said:

I have been off the forum for a few days due to traveling south for the winter, first stop was the 8th Annual Minifest in Melbourne FL, it's just like the Butt blast only we take over a small hotel on the beach for 3 days! We have arrived at our winter home Okeechobee FL. Next weekend we will be cooking at the Central Florida Fall Eggfest.

I was happy to see that Piney came out of the wood of NC and posted something. A bummer to hear about Scott not coming.

I rode my motorcycle all around West Jefferson this summer looking for you.. not a sign..where where you hiding?? Have a good winter see you and Kay in the spring.
    If you would have asked anyone they would have told ya where I hang out! If you had stopped in at Antiques On Main ya just might have found me working there.

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• bgebrent
    Options
    piney said:

If you would have asked anyone they would have told ya where I hang out! If you had stopped in at Antiques On Main ya just might have found me working there.
    We found them and hung out with EJ brother.  Next year brother.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Just a note that based on the maps you might get the impression that the park is huge. It's actually not that big - the whole thing is pretty walkable.  

Well, unless you've hard more than your fair share of bourbon slushes.  Then walking very far becomes... interesting.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • piney
    Options
    piney said:

I WILL track you down next summer. Also when you get towards Lenoir we will meet for dinner.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    piney said:
    piney said:

I WILL track you down next summer. Also when you get towards Lenoir we will meet for dinner.
    Looking forward to being tracked down! and we can come down to Lenoir for dinner anytime.

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• piney
    Options
    piney said:
    piney said:

Looking forward to being tracked down! and we can come down to Lenoir for dinner anytime.
    Great! We have a pretty good Mexican Rest here if ok with y'all we will try it. Have a good winter see you at Butt Blast in the spring.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    165 Days until BB '17

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    It's funny that I have no idea what's for dinner tonight and I'm thinking about what I want to cook for BB '17
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    It's funny that I have no idea what's for dinner tonight and I'm thinking about what I want to cook for BB '17
    Man, me too.. I just bought a bunch of meat at the store and have no clue what to make. BB has been on my mind a lot too. I need to run my idea by you. I don't want it to be too involved though. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tailg8ers
    Options
    Count us in!!! wouldn't miss it!
    Cary, NC    LBGE & Mini Max
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @Jeffroe189 just be sure to specify which section of the campground you want: Deplorables or Non-Deplorables.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited November 2016
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    @Jeffroe189 just be sure to specify which section of the campground you want: Deplorables or Non-Deplorables.  
    ha....and which rest room you plan to use. ;)  Hope to see you again this year.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    No offense but "I'm going out of town for the weekend to meet some unknown friends I met online at Brisket Camp" sounds much better than, "I'm going out of town for the weekend to meet some unknown friends I met online at Butt Blast"
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    No offense but "I'm going out of town for the weekend to meet some unknown friends I met online at Brisket Camp" sounds much better than, "I'm going out of town for the weekend to meet some unknown friends I met online at Butt Blast"
    That's why it is also known as Burning Loin.  You know, because that sounds tons better!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Buuuuutttttt... Either option IS better than "A Weeeknd with Scottie's Balls Head Cheese"
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    piney said:
    piney said:
    piney said:

Great! We have a pretty good Mexican Rest here if ok with y'all we will try it. Have a good winter see you at Butt Blast in the spring.
    what restaurant?
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • piney
    Options
    Mi Carreta on hwy 321 across from Lowes. Tell them Mr Miller Lite sent ya
    Lenoir, N.C.