Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A pot of crap.

Options
2»

Comments

• Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    I'll have to concur with the others that's a wonderful looking pot of crap.....
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    @SGH that appears to be a recipe for a pressure cooker full of heaven
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Mama Roneck
    Options
    Winner Winner Instant Pot Dinner!

Looks fantastic.  Can't wait to attempt this
    Mamaroneck
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Dang son......that's some tasty looking grub.  I will definitely make some of this once the weather cools.  Thanks for sharing.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    I'd hit it. Looks great!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    SGH said:
    Sammi said:
    Liking those biscuits @SGH. Car to expand on them?
    I'm going to be a little bit honest here. As good as the biscuits look, they sucked. I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board and give it another go. I would gladly share the recipe if they would have turned out what I was shooting for. 
    award-winning crap there.  as for the biscuits, after studying the pics for a while, I think you didn't have enough butter and there is no meat group in the biscuits.  this has always troubled me about most bread-like things, not enough meat in them.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Legume said:
    SGH said:
    Sammi said:
    I'm going to be a little bit honest here. As good as the biscuits look, they sucked. I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board and give it another go. I would gladly share the recipe if they would have turned out what I was shooting for. 
    award-winning crap there.  as for the biscuits, after studying the pics for a while, I think you didn't have enough butter and there is no meat group in the biscuits.  this has always troubled me about most bread-like things, not enough meat in them.

I think you're on to something.

On a different note, this seems like the appropriate place to ask the question:  What is the order in terms of size/volume/mass/whatever between a "buttload" a "crapload" and a "sh&tload" of something. 

This is one of the few late night college discussions where we never reached consensus.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Legume said:
    SGH said:
    Sammi said:

On a different note, this seems like the appropriate place to ask the question:  What is the order in terms of size/volume/mass/whatever between a "buttload" a "crapload" and a "sh&tload" of something. 

This is one of the few late night college discussions where we never reached consensus.
    I'm pretty sure a f*ck load is the largest.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Legume said:
    SGH said:
    Sammi said:

That's probably true.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words and compliments. As I said in the beginning, in no way is this traditional. However it is outstanding to say the least. I highly encourage everyone to try this one. Especially if you like bacon, sausage and ham hocks. Again, thank you all and I'm glad you enjoyed the ole pot of crap.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Legume said:
    SGH said:
    Sammi said:

I seem to recall that a f*ck ton is larger than a f*ck load. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    fantastic!