Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SRF cap of ribeye - the cook

first time doing it.  Paired with cauliflower breadsticks and broccoli
Accidentally over cooked it a little. 
I know I'm going to be attacked, but it's not worth $120. It was good though, just not $120 good. 

Kansas City, Missouri
Large Egg
Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    Look's great. Much better in fact than the Costco pinwheel version.
    It looks to me, that the flat cut version has a much better crust to interior ratio as compared to a pinwheel.
    I haven't went as far as doing the math to verify this.......I could be entirely wrong.
    Yours does look awesome.
  • I understand your conclusion completely. Hard to justify the $$$. Has to be for something very special. Paying off the Mortgage. 50th Anniversary. Retirement.

For a small group.

Looks very good though!
    South SLO County
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @bhedges1987 -  I can relate to your conclusion based on my one-off experience with the SRF cap.  I do have some run-time with the Costco pinwheels (best unrolled for me-but would likely be a difficult sale).  All said, give this thread a look.  Turned out great.  FWIW-
      sub primal cap steak  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Costco wheels rule. I have done them a few times, and I always have leftovers that end up in cheese steaks for the family. @lousubcap we are extremely fortunate to bave a costco in our area that has prime brisket, loins, ribeyes, etc.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Nicely done sir.. Would you mind sharing the Cauli bread sticks recipe...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    edited September 2016
    Cut my own at 9.99 lb . Whole prime ribeye from Costco.
    More meat please !! :-)
  • YukonRon said:
    Costco wheels rule. I have done them a few times, and I always have leftovers that end up in cheese steaks for the family. @lousubcap we are extremely fortunate to bave a costco in our area that has prime brisket, loins, ribeyes, etc.

I was really surprised at the marbling on the Costco wheels.  Pound for pound, I would buy those over SRF.

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Looks great.. I'm with everyone else- Prime costco pinwheels.. Or if you have some knife skills- cut the primal in half, grab the cap. Eye cuts for half, and full ribeyes for the other end of the short side.
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax