Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I may have a coffee problem.

Options
124»

Comments

• Eggscuses
    Options
    SGH said:
    Eggscuses said:
    My caffeine was from coke. Slowly weaning myself off of it completely tho.
    I feel your pain brother. Coke is by far and large my favorite drink. There is nothing even close to it in my book. I drink it around the clock. However, like yourself, for the past couple of weeks I have been trying really hard to break the habit. I can honestly say that it has been the hardest thing that I have ever done. I have got down to 3-4 a day now. I hope in another week or so to be down to 1-2. Then down to 0 a day after that hopefully. Time will tell my friend. 
    Yes my favorate drink too. I grew up drinking it. Grandparents use to keep cases in thier basement, we would be down there all the time, they lived next door, would guzzle it warm.
    Well I've got it down to mostly one day a week.  Weds, when my daughter and I go out to eat.
    This week I jumped off the wagon. 2 monday, 3 yesterday, 1 already today and haven't gone to dinner yet. 
    I've gotta try harder tomorrow!!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I love coke too
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    SGH said:
    Just curious, am I the only one still using a percolator? I still have a old Pyrex Dripolator as well.  

Have one with all my camping gear.  Years ago we got hit with multiple hurricanes and my street had no power for several days.  I busted it out and was brewing coffee on the egg.
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Lit said:
    I love coke too

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    buy starbucks dark french roast whole beans when they go on sale at costco. like grinding beans tastes fresher. talked to a guy who went as far to roast his own beans and he said that didn't make much of a difference to him, but also ground his beans rather than buy powder. 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    I love coke too

Man I'm so mad I only have like 2 episodes left before I finish season 6. May watch them all again.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    My only coffee problem is when the pot is empty. 
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    I too had a difficult time giving up Coke and Mtn. Dew. I now drink Coke Zero and Diet Dew, but much fewer than I used to. Sweet tea is what I miss the most. 
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    This machine has been good to me, have not thought twice about the purchase.

I have the exact same machine.
    Make it 3 eggheads with that same machine.   That thing rocks.  Use it every morning...
    LBGE/Maryland
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    SkinnyV said:
    This machine has been good to me, have not thought twice about the purchase.

I have the exact same machine.
    Make it 3 eggheads with that same machine.   That thing rocks.  Use it every morning...
    Too pricey for me.