Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Torta Rustica with a Lemon-Basil Aioli

Options
  A couple of weeks ago we went to The 100 Men That Cook Fundraiser and the best dish I ate was Torta Rustica.  Kinda like a veggies/cheese pie.  The gentleman that cooked it is friends with a guy my wife works with soooo I got the recipe.  It takes a good bit of time but well worth it. 

Started out pan roasting some tomatoes,red onions and garlic that were drizzled with EVOO and Brown Sugar on the large. I let them go till they got all soft and pretty.  Just goin on the egg   This later got blended up with some cilantro and a chipotle in adobo sauce

Next up was some sweet potatoes and eggplant rubbed with EVOO and fresh Rosemary on the large indirect at 450

On the small we had zuke,squash with red and yellow peppers in a pan at 375° indirect

Now it's time to assemble in a springform pan. First layer is a spinach tortilla with some goat cheese smeared around, eggplant, a lil pesto and some moz. 

Then another layer after layer with different veggies till you end up with this 

Then on the egg at 375 indirect covered in foil for 1hr and uncovered for 15mins

The  IT was just right but I wanted the cheese a lil more done so I hit the broiler in the hot box inside 

Just removed the walls of the pan

A cut view 

And plated with the sauce and a Lemon Basil Aioli 

Mrs 3969 said this was the best thing that come off them eggs ever!!  I take it.  Thanks for looking. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments