Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hermine

Options
2»

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,863
    Options
    Getting some tail during a hurricane can be loads of fun.

That brings back warm memories of Hurricane David in 1979.  When the first day of class is cancelled during your senior year of high school and a resourceful classmate holds a "hurricane party" during what fortunately turns out to be no more than some heavy rain, one may find oneself engaged in activities that will be remembered very fondly for decades.

(Apologies to those who have suffered due to the current or any previous hurricane)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• DaveRichardson
    Options
    @northGAcock- That, my friend, was one of the great things about college life on the gulf coast!!!!!  Just that damn Katrina ruined a lot of good times for me!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• The_Buffalo
    Options
    Let's stay on topic!!

Coming to you from the Mothership!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    whats with these newer vehicles stalling in the water, my old stuff runs fine unless the carb air intake goes under. the floating cars kill me, ive never owned a vehicle that floated, they swamp 2/3 up the door =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    I wonder how many new resident of FL doing even have the wood to board up doors and windows the next time a storm comes thru.

Its kinda cool looking out the windows of the office here in Atlanta and seeing the gradual rotation of the storm.  Looking at radar, my house is on the edge of the rain.

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Let's stay on topic!!

This should be in he t shirt thread.  ;)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    whats with these newer vehicles stalling in the water, my old stuff runs fine unless the carb air intake goes under. the floating cars kill me, ive never owned a vehicle that floated, they swamp 2/3 up the door =)
    I'm going to guess it's because of the ECU (computers).
    Options
    Let's stay on topic!!

This should be in he t shirt thread.  ;)
    Agreed. I'm gonna go ahead and flag it off topic.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I was headed to Jekyl /Tybee but that's been nixed. I've been in much worse storms, and don't want to do it again!  I think that a different weekend would be a better idea, or better yet, mountains this weekend and the beach in a week or two!

And FYI- college football practice in a tropical storm SUCKS!!!!!
    i stayed at Jeckyll before. LOTS of bugs. They have oak trees everywhere but don't rake up the leaves. I've never beeen to a park with more misquitos. Past that it's a really fun place to camp. Lots of great walking trails. Nice beaches, mini golf and tours. We really enjoyed everything but the campground.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Brother Gim - agreed on the bugs!  Cumberland island is even worse plus there is wild horse poop all over the place.  Go camping there one time and have a heard of horses come running thru and wake you early in the morning will definitely get you up and going better than satan's personal coffee pot!

The beaches on the GA Barrier islands are taking a beating right now.  Yes, they are doing their job, but its gonna be some rebuilding.  I'm worried about the new construction that's all over the island.  Tons of new places going up; I hope they don't get a little damage and can't make repairs due to insurance screwing them over!!!!

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,365
    Options
    I used to own a late 60's VW Beetle. They floated - at least according to the old tv commercial. Never really tested mine.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,357
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You should consult someone if it last for more than 4 hours

http://thingsfloridianslike.com/news4jax-facebook-tropical-storm-hermine-penis-jokes/
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• dgordon2nc
    Options
    We were in Chalreston this morning when the first bands rolled through. Our beach condo took a direct hit from lightening and the fireplace wall literally exploded into the house. My 7 week old son and I were about 2 minutes away from being in there when it happened and I can't imagine what would have happened if we got hit. We are all ok.  I had shell shock for a few moments before I realized we had to get out because the smoke alarms were going off. Fortunately no fire. Someone was looking out for us this morning!
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    @dgordon2nc wow that is unreal. Glad everyone is ok, never seen anything like that before.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That's nuts!  Probably a good thing it's covered in cement board.
    We were so incredibly lucky. The mat my son was laying on all week had a picture blown out on top of it with glass shattered everywhere. I can't even imagine. Happy to be home safe and sound in Raleigh tonight. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Wow....you folks stay safe.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,920
    Options
    i stayed at Jeckyll before. LOTS of bugs. They have oak trees everywhere but don't rake up the leaves. I've never beeen to a park with more misquitos. Past that it's a really fun place to camp. Lots of great walking trails. Nice beaches, mini golf and tours. We really enjoyed everything but the campground.
    Sorry to hear that about Jekyll. We vacationed there for years! Long trip from here in IL, but it had everything we wanted and needed. Last time there has now been over 20 years so no double we wouldn't recognize it, but the fond memories won't fade as we have a scrapbook of pictures. We even spent our 10th wedding anniversary there and seeing that we just celebrated our 50th here then it has been a while! 
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    @rrp - I think once they get the construction stuff done, they will focus on the creature comforts for the paying guests. Hotels are pretty nice. Cottages are very cute. It's going to be a great place again soon. 

If if you come down again, give me s buzz...  Driving down I75 you will be only about 300 yards from my house once you get south of Atlanta. 

• NC_Egghead
    Options
    @dgordon2nc Wow! Glad everyone is safe and sound!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle