Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Enchiladas with Hatch Chilis

Options
SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481
United Supermarket has fresh New Mexico Hatch chilis. I picked up some chilis and some corn tortillas made with hatch chilis. I had some chicken in the freezer I made a while ago on the egg. Time for green chili enchiladas!
I mixed the chicken with a bit of drained & diced, canned tomato - some onion, garlic, oregano, green chilis, chili powder, paprika, chipotle, S&P. I put this in a clay pot on the egg at about 300 degrees for a few hours to get happy - kind of an egg slow cooker.
For the enchiladas I added the chicken filling and cheddar cheese then rolled it up and placed in the pan. Now the sauce...
For the sauce I basically made garvy with chicken broth - 3 Tbsp oil and 3 Tbsp flour, 2 cups chicken broth, S&P, and cumin powder. When the sauce comes to a boil remove from the heat and add chopped green chilis, sour cream and cheddar cheese. I added this sauce to the enchiladas with some more cheddar on top. Bake until bubbly and wonderful. I added a bit od reserved sauce and some avocado slices for garnish when done. 
I made cilantro lime green chili rice as well.
Not much for plated pics, we were outside, it was dark, and we were hungry.

Thanks for looking. 
Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments