Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2016 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• Eggingaround
    Eggingaround Posts: 357
    Options
    My box from @kl8ton finally made it, after a long journey through the UPS system. kl8ton went out of his way tracking this package down without much help from UPS and he has even gone as far as sending a secondary package just incase. Should be here tomorrow.  I will say, we'll worth the wait. Not sure where to start on these amazing things. The Jamaican Jerk marinade may be first up. As kl8ton said in the few emails we have exchanged, someone at the UPS hub is enjoying some fine beer that didn't make it through. They also removed the letter he had packed, so he will resend it Monday after a weekend of enjoying himself. Thanks again @kl8ton for the great box of rubs and sauces.  Thank you @cazzy for putting this all together for us to enjoy. Happy Friday! 
    Mckinney, TX
    LBGE--AR with Rig extender 
    Mini Max
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    RichardFl Has definitely got the know how on the goods!!!  All are AAwesome !!!

someone mentioned the Secret Aardvark Hababero....awesome too !!!  I'm almost out from the last exchange. I need to shop online for more !!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Acn said:
    I'd been giddy waiting to get home today - had the tracking number, so I knew today was the day, and I knew it was a big box.  It exceeded any hopes or expectations - @houstonegger was incredibly generous.  I've got to build some shelves in the basement this weekend, so on one hand, I'm bummed because I can't immediately tear into all this and use it like 8 times this weekend, but on the other hand I need the storage!

Thank you so much Nick, I can't wait to dig into all this new stuff!

Staycation = Yummy!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • motsol
    motsol Posts: 28
    Options
    I finally arrived back home after a travel week to find this nice surprise!! Thank you @HoustonEgger

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    motsol said:
    I finally arrived back home after a travel week to find this nice surprise!! Thank you @HoustonEgger

Great care package but wow.......that range/oven!!!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    My package arrived from @bgeaddikt today!! The box wasn't damaged, but there was some damage inside, unfortunately. One bottle of sauce was broken, as was the BGE salt shaker. The pepper shaker is cracked, but intact. It is a nice variety of rubs and sauces and I have not had any of them yet, as well as a light, oak chips, and salt/pepper shakers. I am looking forward to trying the new spices! Thanks bgeaddikt and thanks @cazzy for allowing me late entry!!!

• bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    I received my package!!! Shout out and thanks to @Cazzy for the organization and @blind99 for the amazing spices, rubs/Chicago related items and personal letter! Never heard or tried any of these but i am looking forward to all of them! Sweet, spicy, everything was covered! Sorry about the damaged items @Cashfan i will try to set up a claim under the insurance. I also forgot the letter! Sorry! Hectic week!
    Austin, Tx
  • Eggingaround
    Eggingaround Posts: 357
    Options
    @kl8ton the Dizzy Pig Rubs have arrived. Thank you so much. The Disappearing Mustard is delicious by the way. 
    Mckinney, TX
    LBGE--AR with Rig extender 
    Mini Max
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @bgeaddikt wow was the corner all bashed in? I'm surprised nothing shattered!  Glad it made it there and I hope you enjoy it!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    bgeaddikt said:
     Sorry about the damaged items @Cashfan i will try to set up a claim under the insurance. I also forgot the letter! Sorry! Hectic week!
    I understand about a busy week, my package isn't mailed yet, but it is ready and will go out Monday.
    I am not worried about the damage, and you can email the letter if you like, same email you sent the tracking number to. It did take a few minutes on elfster to figure out your handle on here so you could receive the credit.  :)
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    @kl8ton the Dizzy Pig Rubs have arrived. Thank you so much. The Disappearing Mustard is delicious by the way. 
    How much did it cost to send that watermelon?
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    Thank you @cazzy for putting this all together. I am sure it took a great amount of time organizing this exchange and I have enjoyed see the items that have been shipped around for others to enjoy. I had a blast collection the items for my package to ship out, not to mention the wonderful box i received.  Once again thank you for your efforts, many many people have benefitted from your efforts. 
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    Just tried 1 of the rubs @blind99 sent to me and a sauce as well. Very sweet/tangy. 3-2-1 method. Also reverse seared a rib-eye steak and some sport peppers he also sent me.
    Austin, Tx
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I got a message from my elf last night saying that my package is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. They also said that there is not a letter in the box, but that there is an item in the box that will give a clue to his/her identity. Ok, now I'm curious. I'll post pics when I get it. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • jeffwit
    Options
    The possibilities are endless. And make for some fun speculation...
    Jefferson, GA
  • blind99
    Options
    @bgeaddikt awesome!  i love that you grilled those sport peppers. we eat them on chicago-style dogs.... probably better grilled, great idea!

• jeffwit
    edited July 2016
    Options
    And just a quick PSA, if you received a box and for whatever reason haven't posted a thanks or a picture, please do so. It's nice for those of us who put an effort into putting the box together to know that it at least made it safely. And it's fun to see the stuff that everybody got.
    Jefferson, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @badinfluence sent me a Briner last year. Use it all the time. 
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    I like to send a bringer every year. One of my favorite hints to use to hold it all underwater.

glad you like your package!
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    20stone said:
    @ChillyWillis hooked me up!  Thanks a ton.  He figured out that I am a bit of a fire eater and didn't disappoint (particularly since it appears I will be sharing a confined space with two butt docs determined to demonstrate their flatular superiority).

Everything was packed great and survived intact, along with a great note describing all of his choices. 

Nice work, and thanks again!

In spite of the weak photographic effort, I am digging my exchange stuff.  I've now been though a couple of the rubs and hot sauces, and the Secret Aardvark has taken the esteemed position on my desk at work, where it combines nicely with my 3x a week Cajun food.

Thanks again, @ChillyWillis

(now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Mclayborn79
    Options
    Well I got a notice in the mail today. Package cannot be delivered "damaged/leaking". Not sure what to do. I guess I have to go to the post office to see what is going on. 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Well I got a notice in the mail today. Package cannot be delivered "damaged/leaking". Not sure what to do. I guess I have to go to the post office to see what is going on. 
    The package you're receiving?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • annjamaican
    annjamaican Posts: 152
    Options
    This is completely irrelevant but I saw that handwriting and went nuts thinking my sister got an Egg and joined the forum without me knowing. I've never seen anyone else with penmanship so much like hers. Funny enough, she also lives in MA @ChillyWillis
    - Jamaican living in rural Western Washington
    - Got my first egg (XL) in October 2015
  • blind99
    Options
    My packaged arrived!  Everything looks SO good it's hard to decide what to try first!  @annjamaican went above and beyond and put together a really beautiful and very generous package:

I can't wait to try it all!

Thanks @cazzy, it was a lot of fun to do.
  • annjamaican
    annjamaican Posts: 152
    Options
    blind99 said:
    My packaged arrived!  Everything looks SO good it's hard to decide what to try first!  @annjamaican went above and beyond and put together a really beautiful and very generous package:

I can't wait to try it all!

Thanks @cazzy, it was a lot of fun to do.
    So happy it got there with minimal damage. My favorite of them all is the OMG! sauce. It was fun putting it together. Thanks @cazzy for organizing this. Happy egging!
    - Jamaican living in rural Western Washington
    - Got my first egg (XL) in October 2015
  • Space_City_Egger
    Options
    Man. I was really lucky to be a late addition. I received my haul late this week from @Cashfan. Lots of nice treats from Minnesota. I haven't tried a single one of them before and couldn't be happier to get started tonight with some steak rub. Thanks to all that put this together and Andy for sending a generous haul. What a great deal. 
    Large

Houston,TX