Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @YukonRon -  the only thing about those towels, they look so nice that they will just become art-too good to use and mess up  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @YukonRon I'll send a pic of the fireworks we shoot off for your birthday tonight. Have a great day. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @YukonRon -  the only thing about those towels, they look so nice that they will just become art-too good to use and mess up  ;)
    @lousubcap We normally buy those white cloth utility towels from Costco, which have proven to be the real deal, and a huge money saver over paper towels. We bought 1  pkg last year and it has saved us from spending  a couple hundred in paper towels. They was up well and we have no gone through the entire package of them yet. Wash and reuse. Find them in the automtive aisle.I will use the BGE towels as a disguise to make me appear to be a good cook.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @YukonRon I'll send a pic of the fireworks we shoot off for your birthday tonight. Have a great day. @theyolksonyou

That would be so cool! Have a happy and safe 4th with the folks tonight, and remember what my good friend "Two Finger Stubs" McGee once said; "Alcohol consumption and fireworks are a bit more tricky than you would imagine."
    Be safe, have fun.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @YukonRon we actually had a professional pyrotechnics guy get injured last night locally. The finale malfunctioned and he was hit in the right hand by a projectile. Mangled his hand, burned his flesh and blood (never heard of burned blood). Will require surgery on at least two fingers. Could have been much worse. 

Be careful folks. 
  • YukonRon
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @YukonRon we actually had a professional pyrotechnics guy get injured last night locally. The finale malfunctioned and he was hit in the right hand by a projectile. Mangled his hand, burned his flesh and blood (never heard of burned blood). Will require surgery on at least two fingers. Could have been much worse. 

Be careful folks. 
    Having attended and participated in these events, whenever fireworks go wrong, they remain undefeated, humans always lose.
    Hope he will recover.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Laughing at my perfect timing.

Our house has (had) an empty wooded lot next door.  We have tried to buy it for years.  The owner kept saying he didn't want to sell.  For 20 years it has been there.

Well, we are listing our house for sale tomorrow.  And today?  A crew showed up and is currently cutting down every tree and the owners just showed up to mark off their new house.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac you should contact the new owners and convince them to buy your house!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Focker said:
    Hate that @Focker , they'll make it right I'm sure. 
    lousubcap said:
    @Focker -  what a friggin downer, not to mention PITA just to go thru the return and wait for the replacements.  Dang-
    Yeah, sucky.
    Thanks guys.

Sent an email.  Had me call him today on the holiday.

New cookbox and wheel being sent out tomorrow.
    He recently upgraded to the red wheels.  
    College kid that works for him must be color blind, he said.

Also said he has sent these all over, overseas, never has seen blunt trauma like this.

Bill owned up, handled it, even sooner than expected.
    Things will be alright.

Hope it arrives unscathed!

When I ordered mine a few months ago and saw that he shipped FedEx I was a bit concerned. I have had far more problems with FedEx Ground than UPS or even the US Postal Service. Fortunately it arrived just fine.

Did that ding affect the opening/closing of the door?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac you should contact the new owners and convince them to buy your house!
    I tried :)  No go.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Working for a few hours.... Must have more money for more eggs 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Lookin good @Focker! Carry on. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Lookin good @Focker! Carry on. 
    Thanks buddy.
    First run with the new cap.  She stayed put. Checked on it in the rearview occasionally at 75mph.  Lol
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Nice truck @Focker looks like you take good care of it!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Focker
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Nice truck @Focker looks like you take good care of it!
    Thanks man. 
    It's a love/hate relationship at 22 years old.  
    Mostly love at $90 a month for one more year, gets rode pretty hard towing the camper and gear.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Focker said:

@Focker   How come everything in your picture looks so new and clean - I'm starting to suspect a magazine shoot?    Have fun.

Phoenix 
  • Focker
    Options
    blasting said:
    Focker said:

@Focker   How come everything in your picture looks so new and clean - I'm starting to suspect a magazine shoot?    Have fun.

Thanks bud.
    Grandpa and dad taught me well, to take care of my stuff.  Tight a$$es to the Nth degree. Hahaha

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Me: it gets dark so e can blow some stuff up
    Wife: we don't have anything dangerous, do we?
    me: define dangerous. 

Maybe be she will stay inside. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @theyolksonyou - great and likely failed exchange right there.  Been down that road too many times.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @theyolksonyou - great and likely failed exchange right there.  Been down that road too many times.  
    I just went back to the fireworks stand to ensure we had something dangerous 
  • Focker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Just delivered four racks of BB ribs to the local fire house.  Becoming a holiday tradition to bring them some smoked goodness.

Gotta take care of the first responders.
    Happy Birthday USA!
    Really nice gesture @lousubcap.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @Hotch @DoubleEgger thank you for the kind words, Hoping you have a wonderful 4th.Second gift of the day. They kniw me so well. Pack of three!
    Those are great! Nice score
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • theyolksonyou
    edited July 2016
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Just delivered four racks of BB ribs to the local fire house.  Becoming a holiday tradition to bring them some smoked goodness.

Gotta take care of the first responders.
    Happy Birthday USA!
    Wish I could like more than once. Also, wish I wasn't a selfish a$$hole
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    FÛcking hammered. Hope
    i don't kill myself with fireworks. 
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    @Eggcelsior, Berry's Seafood is in Cherry Grove, NC, right?  great place.  Close to Tar Baby's ?  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Finally home. Spent the day with my boys over at my folks' place. Little Guy is staying there, and Big Guy is being picked up by friends until Mom gets home Wednesday. I'm spent, cooked and drank and ate all weekend. Have a few pics and videos. May try to stitch together a post in the next day or so. I know I didn't get pics of everything cooked, but have a decent amount.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @JethroVA Yep! Right up the street from  Eugene Platts.