Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2016 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    @NERVOUS @cazzy is the godfather of the exchange. If he says sign up, you sign up. 

:rofl:
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    Options
    NERVOUS said:
    cazzy said:
    NERVOUS said:
    I just read this entire thread from beginning to end.  I'm completely blown away by the individual time and effort (not to mention generosity) contributed to this exchange by the community as a whole - Kudos to everyone involved.  I can't wait to participate the next time around.

Don't wait till next time...join now:

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1195593/2016-egghead-rub-sauce-exchange/p1
    I'm working on my post count...  I'm still a newbie to the BGE world.
    What Yolk said, don't be nervous about it...just sign up!
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    I came home yesterday and a huge box was at my door from a very generous egghead, David "HostraJet" Baghadassarian. Thank you my friend I am looking forward to trying all these new spices.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    I am blown away by the generosity of Stacey @scgirlinoh.    

So so excited to try the wonderful Cleveland-centric treats you sent me here in Delaware! You even fulfilled my wish for a coffee rub!  The home made pizza seasoning smells sooooo good. My entire family was drooling. And I'm now inspired to take on Pizza, which I've yet to do. And jerky seasoning -- how did you know??!?!

Lots of Apple infused stuff, which I love!  And rubs I've never seen but can't wait to try!  Hot dog sauce (???) and Chief Wahoo mustard (!!!!).

Thanks to you and to @cazzy for organizing my favorite gift exchange of all time!!

It's a 302 thing . . .
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options

So so excited to try the wonderful Cleveland-centric treats you sent me here in Delaware! You even fulfilled my wish for a coffee rub!  The home made pizza seasoning smells sooooo good. My entire family was drooling. And I'm now inspired to take on Pizza, which I've yet to do. And jerky seasoning -- how did you know??!?!

Lots of Apple infused stuff, which I love!  And rubs I've never seen but can't wait to try!  Hot dog sauce (???) and Chief Wahoo mustard (!!!!).

Thanks to you and to @cazzy for organizing my favorite gift exchange of all time!!

Nice haul. I was lucky enough to be matched up with Stacey last year and she sent a wonderful load of SC centric sauces and rubs. They were awesome.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Options

Love Zero to Hero on Ribs & Butts.
  • NERVOUS
    NERVOUS Posts: 104
    edited July 2016
    Options
    cazzy said:
    NERVOUS said:
    cazzy said:
    NERVOUS said:
    I just read this entire thread from beginning to end.  I'm completely blown away by the individual time and effort (not to mention generosity) contributed to this exchange by the community as a whole - Kudos to everyone involved.  I can't wait to participate the next time around.

Don't wait till next time...join now:

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1195593/2016-egghead-rub-sauce-exchange/p1
    I'm working on my post count...  I'm still a newbie to the BGE world.
    What Yolk said, don't be nervous about it...just sign up!
    Awesome, count me in!

***I just finished registering***
    Jeremiah  |  La Canada Flintridge, CA  |  XL BGE
    "Life is about experiences...  And one of my absolute favorite experiences is FOOD!"
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    I feel bad using my stuff before my recipient gets theirs.  :frowning: UPS investigation supposedly started. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @piney is one of my very favorites. His wife is even better. 
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    I am so glad I decided to track my parcel.  Apparently the US is doing it's best to keep the country safe from the threat of BBQ sauce so my package was being held for further information, despite the fact no one thought to contact me about it.
    So I've sent a Commercial Invoice PDF to customs to claim the approximate value of the items, give further description etc.  Here's hoping. I realize some have it worse if it's lost but this is crazy (not cazzy, crazy).

Honestly, if they send it back to me I'm going to double the size of it and just drive it over.  I can be there in about the amount of time it has taken to get this packed and shipped.  No one on here's problem, just gotta vent when I see stupid rearing its' ugly head.

Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    piney said:
    I came home yesterday and a huge box was at my door from a very generous egghead, David "HostraJet" Baghadassarian. Thank you my friend I am looking forward to trying all these new spices.
    Glad to see everything made it there safely. The Caribeque items are made by @Nuke1855 and are some of my favorites. Enjoy!
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Nuke1855
    Nuke1855 Posts: 281
    Options
    piney said:
    Glad to see everything made it there safely. The Caribeque items are made by @Nuke1855 and are some of my favorites. Enjoy!
    Enjoy brother! Keep an eye on the website for the new RUB LINE COMING OUT NEXT FRIDAY!

Thank you for your continued support.

Living The Big Green Egg Life...

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.caribeque.com/">www.caribeque.com</a>

www.biggreenegglife.com

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    I'm still on pins and needles. Haven't heard from the person I sent my box to (hope it got there safe and sound), or gotten my box yet. Every time I hear a truck in the neighborhood, I look to see if it's UPS or FedEx and they're putting a box on my porch. 100X worse than Christmas. ;)
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • gmac
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    I'm still on pins and needles. Haven't heard from the person I sent my box to (hope it got there safe and sound), or gotten my box yet. Every time I hear a truck in the neighborhood, I look to see if it's UPS or FedEx and they're putting a box on my porch. 100X worse than Christmas. ;)

Since your not my elf, and I know mine hasn't deliver, you're not alone. Not that it makes it better but you aren't the only one waiting. Sorry 
  • cazzy
    Options
    gmac said:
    I am so glad I decided to track my parcel.  Apparently the US is doing it's best to keep the country safe from the threat of BBQ sauce so my package was being held for further information, despite the fact no one thought to contact me about it.
    So I've sent a Commercial Invoice PDF to customs to claim the approximate value of the items, give further description etc.  Here's hoping. I realize some have it worse if it's lost but this is crazy (not cazzy, crazy).

Honestly, if they send it back to me I'm going to double the size of it and just drive it over.  I can be there in about the amount of time it has taken to get this packed and shipped.  No one on here's problem, just gotta vent when I see stupid rearing its' ugly head.

Went through this... definitely sucks but it will all work out.
  • cazzy
    edited July 2016
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Your draw was waiting for delivery of some last minute items.  Might be looking at, but either way, he's good for it! ;)
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Got home from work and had a box waiting from @JRWhitee. About the only thing I've had before is the Bone Suckin' Sauce. Looking forward to trying everything. 

Thanks for your generosity. Thanks to @cazzy for setting this up again. 

Hey @CTMike I am glad everything made it safe, those are some my favorites I hope you enjoy them too. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @piney is one of my very favorites. His wife is even better. 
    You mean that lazy no good for notten.........only kidding....that wife of his is carrying him =) He is a far better man than I at training weemens. @Piney rocks!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    piney said:
    Thanks again my friend! I met Nuke at Ga Mtn Eggiest 2015...he's a good dude! I'm glad you included his items.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Nuke1855
    Nuke1855 Posts: 281
    Options
    piney said:
    piney said:
    Thanks again my friend! I met Nuke at Ga Mtn Eggiest 2015...he's a good dude! I'm glad you included his items.
    Im super thankful guys. 

Living The Big Green Egg Life...

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.caribeque.com/">www.caribeque.com</a>

www.biggreenegglife.com

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    edited July 2016
    Options
    cazzy said:
    jeffwit said:
    Your draw was waiting for delivery of some last minute items.  Might be looking at, but either way, he's good for it! ;)
    Just got a super secret message from him or her through Elfster. It's all good. Thanks again, @cazzy for organizing this!
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Mclayborn79
    Options
    It has been silence from my Elfster as well.  Maybe he will still come through, but not holding out much hope at this point. I have sent several messages if he got the package but there has been no acknowledgement of receipt or anything. Kind of stinks, but luckily @cazzy is trying to figure out what is going on.
  • cazzy
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It has been silence from my Elfster as well.  Maybe he will still come through, but not holding out much hope at this point. I have sent several messages if he got the package but there has been no acknowledgement of receipt or anything. Kind of stinks, but luckily @cazzy is trying to figure out what is going on.
    I thought I messaged you.  He emailed me...he was out of the country so your shipment is delayed.  He sends his apologies.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    cazzy said:
    I thought I messaged you.  He emailed me...he was out of the country so your shipment is delayed.  He sends his apologies.
    I haven't seen or heard anything either.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • shucker
    shucker Posts: 483
    Options
    abpgwolf said:
    Hello @shucker,

Thank you so very much! Wow, you went way above and beyond. 10 bottles of sauce, 3 bottles of rub, 4 different kinds of local hardwood & a t-shirt from his team (snagged by my oldest son before I could even get a picture). All items are from North Carolina. 

Thanks Again. I really appreciate each and every item.

Looks like everything made it without incident.  Glad you received it and hope you enjoy!

Shucker
    Eastern North Carolina
    Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG

• Mclayborn79
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Well that is good news! Now we wait. 
  • gmac
    Options
    Pretty quiet over the weekend here. Obviously nothing being delivered. Just bumping back to the first page so that its close by :)
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @henderontrking nice haul!  I really like those eat rubs.  and the ballpark mustard is deeelish.  you'll have to report to us on the great lakes sauce - love their beers. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle